Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The United States Presidential election thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 19 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Trump was angling for a Nobel Peace Prize because Obama got one

Proof? Or another opinion?

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/trumps-nobel-nonsense/

Quote:
So you disagree with Islander that he is part of the world of big influential corporations?

Depends how you define influential.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 19 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

https://capitalresearch.org/article/dishonest-fact-checkers/

Quote:
Quote:
So you disagree with Islander that he is part of the world of big influential corporations?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/influential
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I have some sympathy with the view that fact-checker websites have their own biases, although the magapill.com conspiracy website is hardly a paragon. However whilst you've posted a general attack it doesn't address Trump's jealousy of Obama's award, or the Trump quotes.
Quote:
Quote:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/influential
I'll agree that the Trump organisation has an influence on some things. Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump had been bolstering the courts with his own men and women. If there's any truth in the election anomaly claims surely the law will see to it. How are those cases going?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Trump's jealousy of Obama's award

Actually I agree with you that it would be silly of Trump to be jealous of Obama's award:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34277960

...since Obama doesn't actually appear to have done anything to deserve it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:20 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Trump had been bolstering the courts with his own men and women. If there's any truth in the election anomaly claims surely the law will see to it. How are those cases going?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buQCdCSDWQQ&t=6616s

Conference starts at 58:33.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Yep, I’d already called it “questionable.” Trump still wants the same treatment though, so much. The adulation. Laughing

As to the YouTube link wrt court action: not yet proven then?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:01 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Yep, I’d already called it “questionable.” Trump still wants the same treatment though, so much. The adulation. Laughing

What problems has it caused? I mean, apart from TDS Laughing

Quote:
As to the YouTube link wrt court action: not yet proven then?

Proving a case is something you do in court. They have described some of the evidence, and it will go to court to be proved or disproved. That's how it works. I'm surprised you didn't know that, I thought it was common knowledge. Let it run its course, and if the cases are thrown out, then they weren't sufficiently proven. But you can't claim there's no proof until that happens.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:23 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What problem has it caused? His jealousy and other childish behaviours have cost the election. People expect better from a leader.

The point about proving the case in court (TBD) which I’ve made before is that Trump supporters can make all sorts of claims about the election and garner eager agreement within their echo chambers but when it gets to court the counter-arguments have equal sway. Suddenly there’s a burden of proof. Let’s see.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:51 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you didn't watch the video. If you had, you'd be stunned at the claims they're making, for which they claim to have conclusive evidence. I'm stunned by it. If they're wrong, my lord but they're gonna look insane! If nothing else, this should make for better drama than anything we've ever seen on tv.

And tbh, if they are right, I can't imagine how they'd be allowed to prove it, at any cost, given what they claim to be up against. If they're right (and I wouldn't claim one way or the other at this stage), they must be among the bravest people on this Earth.

My god, I'm going to miss all this stuff if Biden is indeed the winner Laughing

And of course, Guilliani's team are claiming it is the behaviour of the Democrats that lost Trump this election. If they are right, Trump hasn't lost it.
It isn't up to Trump supporters, except for this legal team and its members. It isn't up to me. It isn't up to you. It isn't up to the media.

Me, I don't know. But I'm sure as hell hooked on it Laughing I never expected anything like this!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:19 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I see you didn't watch the video. If you had, you'd be stunned at the claims they're making, for which they claim to have conclusive evidence.

I have, and I don't know what you find so convincing. Entertaining, maybe? Just wild claims which aren't being examined in the video. As I said, a court will expect more than that.

Last edited by Kawasaki Jimbo on 09:03 - 20 Nov 2020; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:27 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You misunderstand; I'm not convinced one way or another. I think there were large scale improprieties in this election. Enough to sway the result? I have no idea. Can you say you know for certain? Can you say, with absolute assuredness that you are picking the right things to believe? I can't.
We'll see. Entertaining? Oh yes! But none of it makes me trust politicians more, that's for sure Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:18 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
You misunderstand; I'm not convinced one way or another. I think there were large scale improprieties in this election. Enough to sway the result? I have no idea. Can you say you know for certain? Can you say, with absolute assuredness that you are picking the right things to believe? I can't.
We'll see. Entertaining? Oh yes! But none of it makes me trust politicians more, that's for sure Laughing

I think what you meant to say is that it has been claimed that there are large scale improprieties.
There have certainly been some instances of not unreasonable numbers of ballots not being entered into tallies and if I were a voter in those precincts I might be a bit peeved that my vote might have been overlooked - although there is nothing to say that these wouldn't have been entered into record before state certification of the final tally without the general public becoming aware of the sitiuation.

It is interesting to note that the places that the Trump campaign has launched various lawsuits are mostly run by Republican supervisors...

Most of the court challenges have been overturned, thrown out or withdrawn because they were nothing more than hot air. My favourite, so far, was the case in Philly that stated Republican monitors were not being allowed in the counting room. the lawyer presenting the case, when asked, said there were 'a non zero number of people in the room.'

What kind of fuckwit can possibly think that non-zero means none? I'm sure the law firm are laughing all the way to the bank, a fool and his money, etc, springs to mind.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:29 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always look on the bright side I say...

It's pretty obvious Biden's gonna win the election for President Harris which is good news for the UK! Post-Brexit who would you rather broker a trade deal with? A sharp but orange business man or a bunch of muppets who'll shaft their own plebs at the drop of a hat Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, it's really not looking good for Trump is it...

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55006188

Laughing Laughing

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudys dyeing to get stuck in to 'stop the steal'

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.explicit.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIF.2%252bvdkx5jFW8G2ONq%252bq8blQ%26pid%3DApi&f=1

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one thing's for sure: the term "United States of America" is a joke Laughing
I think they'd be better off just dividing into two countries and have done with it. Maybe the same should apply here with pro- and anti-EU sides too. Although the battle for who gets what areas would be more fun to watch in America, what with all those guns Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A sharp but orange business man or a bunch of muppets who'll shaft their own plebs at the drop of a hat Wink

Only "sharp" on terms of his ability to employ others to work for him, when he's left to his own devices he's a disaster area. The "muppets" on the other hand will far more effectively and surreptitiously shaft their own as well as our governments plebs.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

I think what you meant to say is that it has been claimed that there are large scale improprieties.

I just think it's going to be impossible to prove, which makes it pretty pointless to pursue.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I just think it's going to be impossible to prove, which makes it pretty pointless to pursue.

If there's a crime then there should be a way to investigate it. I watched about half of Guilianis press conference and his waving around of avidavits and just thought, if these claims are good enough then let them be investigated by law enforcement.

After watching I looked up the Wayne county board of elections situation, what a mess, two of the Republicans wouldn't vote to accept the count then changed their mind and voted to accept then announced they wanted to rescind their vote. Bonkers. Apparently there are and have been in previous elections discrepancies in the tally of votes but it was difficult to find out what is actually meant by "discrepancy", differencies in totals against total people eligible to vote? Differences in totals in actual rounds of physical counting? Who knows? It's hard to look closely at each and every one of these instances which the Trump camp are throwing at us unless your an expert. The reporting on the issue is appaling as well, there's no detail it's all very vague and personality based with no real investigation of how it all works.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Oh dear, it's really not looking good for Trump is it...

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55006188

Laughing Laughing

The almost inevitable but minor anomalies fall into Trump's hands wrt his "we wuz robbed" sulk. Some such observations were made during the auditing process (by the system) before final figures were confirmed. (The Trump supporters won't tell you that bit.) But 6000 untallied votes in the Georgia recount sounds like a lot. Incompetence more than corruption probably, but how does that happen?

Quote:
During the audit this week, nearly 6,000 untallied votes were found - paring back Mr Biden's lead slightly - but they were the result of human error and not fraud, Mr Sterling has said.

Officials in Floyd County have fired their election manager over the matter, local media reported on Thursday.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the scant amount of their history I can stomach reading* these sort of irregularities are well... regular occurrences in American elections. I'll go with a variant of the Chewbacca defence:

"So in beer pong you try and get the ball in one of the opponent's cups."

Then what happens?

"If you score they have to drink the beer!"

Huh... so you have a game that slows down the process of drinking beer Thinking

Fucking clueless, I rest my case Wink

*Throwing tea into the bay, unforgivable!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
From the scant amount of their history I can stomach reading* these sort of irregularities are well... regular occurrences in American elections

They're pretty regular events in countries that the US interferes with. Let's face it the US has sod all interest in genuine democracy anywhere it has an interest. They've been screwing around in central American countries' elections for over a hundred years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change_in_Latin_America
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 18 of 79