Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


The United States Presidential election thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
I don't know what you're going to do when Biden is inaugurated in January though. Laughing


Undergo political re-education. It's the only answer.


That seems to be what AOC's Loony Squad are calling for: re-education camps for Trump supporters Shocked Thankfully Biden's not entertaining such ideas. President Harris on the other hand, who can say Thinking
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:38 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republican, Democrat.
Meh, whatever, as a Brit they all look the same to me.
Trump though is an asshole and has proved repeatedly why he is and was monumentally unfit for office.


Washington Posts Paul Waldman put it starkly.
"No president in American history has ever before spent the end of his time in office trying to discredit our democracy, degrade the federal government and set Americans against each other," Waldman wrote. The Republicans, "are finishing the Trump presidency the way they started it, with a show of complicity and cowardice."

He's shitting himself.
After he's dragged out kicking and screaming like malignant toddler he knows no self pardons will protect
him from State law in NY which will want a reckoning over his well documented corruption.
Deutche bank want their 340 million dollah loan paid back too.

Anyone who thinks he's a 'sharp businessman' will no doubt want the magic beans I have for sale.
and begs the question of
how fucking stupid do you have to be to assume this guy would ever be a good president ?
____________________
1979 CX500 - Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 4 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:57 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, there are at least 73 million people who are stupid enough. Biden may well have the presidency, but what to do with all these dangerous idiots, who aren't going to just change their minds overnight?

I have some ideas of how to deal with them. Firstly, Trump, his government and all the thousands (hundreds of thousands? Shocked ) of nazi white supremacists among their supporters can be tried and executed for crimes against humanity.

What about the millions left? Some may be able to be made to confess their crimes, in which case they can be shot. Others can be placed into internment camps. Now, I know that smacks of Stalinist principles, and obviously we're sensible, decent people. So we can call them re-education centres, or better still, special education centres, where they can have the correct political views instilled in them. That's humane, therapeutic for them even.

Having been persuaded away from my extreme right wing views by the eloquence and sheer logic of the devastating political argument of "Orange Man Bad" (the pure poetry of it!), people like me can be used to do the wet work, the dirty work that ordinary decent citizens haven't the bottle stomach for, i.e. the disposal of the worst offenders and those who fail to uptake the right-think that is required to readmit them to society. Then, since we started from this wrong-think position, when the nasty stuff has been taken care of, we can be accused of crimes against humanity also and disposed of.

This seems to me to be the only logical plan, the logical conclusion for the New World Order Very Happy
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
I don't know what you're going to do when Biden is inaugurated in January though. Laughing


Undergo political re-education. It's the only answer.


Well obv. Razz Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:


Undergo political re-education. It's the only answer.


Well obv. Razz Laughing


I wasn't joking. I mean, how can decent society accept people who support Trump? We need a single, supreme political system. Once in place, we should dispose of democracy so that people can never return to such evil ideologies as Conservatism and the fascism it breeds.

Look, I know just how evil it is, having only recently been converted from it myself to the proper right-think. I'm telling you, if these things are not done...Hitler all over again before you know what's happening.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
and begs the question of
how fucking stupid do you have to be to assume this guy would ever be a good president ?


They're Americans Rolling Eyes

Biden got 79 million votes. Great, well done... good luck getting the shit stain off the chair (if I were you I'd buy a new one.)

But lest we forget, Trump got 73 million votes. That's more than Obama ever got. Internment camps for several million undesirables in WWII was a pretty tough ask but locking up almost half the population to beat some sense into them? And we're likely talking the heavily armed half that know the difference between the safety switch and the clip release Shocked
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:


But lest we forget, Trump got 73 million votes.


We can edit that from the history books Wink
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:31 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Easy-X wrote:


But lest we forget, Trump got 73 million votes.


We can edit that from the history books Wink


Even Left-wing media sites acknowledge it. Almost as if they're bragging about something...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2N646TdKlYJwPopXP4T0ytwsyoa08SEVVDA&usqp=CAU
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to acknowledge it now, because it's still so fresh in the memory, but a year from now: "Over 70 million voted for Trump."
Give it two or three years: "Over 50 million voted for Trump" etc.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Biden got 79 million votes...But lest we forget, Trump got 73 million votes. That's more than Obama ever got.

So Trump's one term inspired more of the qualified electorate to actually vote... against.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:41 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Biden got 79 million votes...But lest we forget, Trump got 73 million votes. That's more than Obama ever got.

So Trump's one term inspired more of the qualified electorate to actually vote... against.


And 8 million more to vote...for.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:


An insurgency in Democrat cities, condoned, encouraged and/or aided by Democrat politicians, that's Trumps fault?!


Let me jog your memory.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51nAgvJZ8DL._AC_.jpg

Are you saying he should only have focused on Republican areas, and that anything happening in predominantly Democrat cities is simply not his businesses?

Wait a minute. Let me just check again.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51nAgvJZ8DL._AC_.jpg

Yeah, he did say that. Thought so!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:46 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So should Trump have intervened with federal power or not? Democrat city leaders were reported to have turned down his offer of help (Wheeler in Portland for e.g.). Or was that fake news?
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:


I wasn't joking. I mean, how can decent society accept people who support Trump? We need a single, supreme political system. Once in place, we should dispose of democracy so that people can never return to such evil ideologies as Conservatism and the fascism it breeds.

Look, I know just how evil it is, having only recently been converted from it myself to the proper right-think. I'm telling you, if these things are not done...Hitler all over again before you know what's happening.


What needs to go is the party political system. Vote for the candidate that will do your constituency the most good rather than some faceless ideology based system that's going to shaft you regardless. We also need a proper proportional representation voting system i.e. STV. Even STV on it's own would change the face of politics forever which is why no party politician wants to entertain it. We have it here for local elections and it's removed a few nasty pieces of work that would have stayed in with a FPTP system.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:


I wasn't joking. I mean, how can decent society accept people who support Trump? We need a single, supreme political system. Once in place, we should dispose of democracy so that people can never return to such evil ideologies as Conservatism and the fascism it breeds.

Look, I know just how evil it is, having only recently been converted from it myself to the proper right-think. I'm telling you, if these things are not done...Hitler all over again before you know what's happening.


What needs to go is the party political system. Vote for the candidate that will do your constituency the most good rather than some faceless ideology based system that's going to shaft you regardless.


So how can you be supportive of Biden and the Democrats as you have been throughout this thread? How has that helped to get rid of party political ideology?
Have you seen Bret Weinstein's suggestion with his "Unity 2020" project? It didn't gain any foothold, or even much interest, so how would you get rid of these ideologies anyway? And surely whatever you come up with is going to get labelled as an ideology anyway, which can then be attacked and discredited as soon as something doesn't work out?

How about the World Economic Forum's "Great Reset"? With world leaders getting together to agree on worldwide governmental systems, which is what they seem to be suggesting? But how do you get that going in practical terms?

To be sensible for a moment (for what it's worth Rolling Eyes ), I have always thought that having a democracy where parties are on either side of the centre, so that you can vote for the opposition when the party in power gets a bit too far over to its side of the spectrum. But what if the opposition has already gone too far in its manifesto before you get to vote? And this system can only work if the democratic vote is respected, as we saw with Brexit, and are now seeing in the USA. It can only work if there is good faith and respect for election results, whatever one may think of them.

For decades in the West we have had a system that worked. It wasn't perfect, but things could be improved bit by bit, it could self-adjust when necessary, and it was better than anything else the world had to offer - people seemed by and large happy with it. So what went wrong?
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you can't blame everything on Trump. We get the same hysterical rhetoric against our politicians here, and in Europe. It wouldn't take much seemingly to push that as far as has happened in America.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
So should Trump have intervened with federal power or not? Democrat city leaders were reported to have turned down his offer of help (Wheeler in Portland for e.g.). Or was that fake news?


Are these questions too difficult to answer?
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
So Trump's one term inspired more of the qualified electorate to actually vote... against.


And 8 million more to vote...for.

He excited opinion and inspired supporters and opponents who wouldn't normally have been interested in the democratic process. More voted against than for.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

So how can you be supportive of Biden and the Democrats as you have been throughout this thread? How has that helped to get rid of party political ideology?
Have you seen Bret Weinstein's suggestion with his "Unity 2020" project? It didn't gain any foothold, or even much interest, so how would you get rid of these ideologies anyway? And surely whatever you come up with is going to get labelled as an ideology anyway, which can then be attacked and discredited as soon as something doesn't work out?

How about the World Economic Forum's "Great Reset"? With world leaders getting together to agree on worldwide governmental systems, which is what they seem to be suggesting? But how do you get that going in practical terms?

To be sensible for a moment (for what it's worth Rolling Eyes ), I have always thought that having a democracy where parties are on either side of the centre, so that you can vote for the opposition when the party in power gets a bit too far over to its side of the spectrum. But what if the opposition has already gone too far in its manifesto before you get to vote? And this system can only work if the democratic vote is respected, as we saw with Brexit, and are now seeing in the USA. It can only work if there is good faith and respect for election results, whatever one may think of them.

For decades in the West we have had a system that worked. It wasn't perfect, but things could be improved bit by bit, it could self-adjust when necessary, and it was better than anything else the world had to offer - people seemed by and large happy with it. So what went wrong?


I noticed you didn't quote and comment on the PR comment Razz

Biden is a much better proposition for the planet as a whole than Trump is or ever would be and that applies to the Republicans as well.

The US has more issues with the way it manages it's own weird brand of politics (Mentalboy gave an excellent example with what are, after all, public servants being politically appointed by electors and that includes law enforcement as well) so IMO the best agent of change there is is the Democratic party. I'm not holding my breath though.

You'll never change the economic system as long as there are greedy over wealthy idiots that don't give a hoot about anything other than stuffing their already overfull pockets with more cash and as long as they're allowed to interfere in politics and government. Capitalism has to go for there to be any real progress. I'm not sure what it would be replaced with but it's predicated on continuous growth and that's not possible on a planet of finite resources. It needs to be replaced with a more equitable system of financial management though.

The system here worked as long as it was largely people that came up through industry and the like (shop floor or management/owners) that felt strongly about issues, had some passion for political debate and were prepared to work across parties to improve things. What we have now is a bunch of career politicians that lack that experience and basically graduated into the system. That's a gross oversimplification but IMO it's what's at the heart of the decay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Also, you can't blame everything on Trump. We get the same hysterical rhetoric against our politicians here, and in Europe. It wouldn't take much seemingly to push that as far as has happened in America.


I can blame a lot on him and the religious right that prop him up. He's a vile specimen of humanity and the sooner he goes, the better.

Our pound shop POTUS equivalent isn't even comparable even though he's a proven serial liar and utterly ruthless. FFS even Max Hastings warned us against him. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:04 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:


I noticed you didn't quote and comment on the PR comment Razz


You don't comment on loads of stuff I ask of you directly Wink
To be absolutely honest, I really haven't looked closely into the PR/FPTP argument. I suppose I will get around to it at some point.

Quote:
Biden is a much better proposition for the planet as a whole than Trump is or ever would be and that applies to the Republicans as well.


But I still don't see any feasible solutions, unless the world opts for more nuclear power.
Having said that, I saw an article somewhere about Rolls Royce (propulsion division) talking about building 6(?) small reactors for power generation in the UK. I don't know if anything will come of this.
But solar and wind power seem to me to just not have the capability for worldwide use without covering just about every square inch of the planet in panels/wind farms. And then there's the still yet to be solved problem of power storage. We can't drop everything we have until these are solved.

Quote:
You'll never change the economic system as long as there are greedy over wealthy idiots that don't give a hoot about anything other than stuffing their already overfull pockets with more cash and as long as they're allowed to interfere in politics and government. Capitalism has to go for there to be any real progress. I'm not sure what it would be replaced with but it's predicated on continuous growth and that's not possible on a planet of finite resources. It needs to be replaced with a more equitable system of financial management though.


I think it'd be more realistic to have some kind of strict imposition of regulation of global corporations rather than scrap capitalism. I don't think I'll ever be convinced that socialism will work on a large scale. There seems to be no end to how far you have to keep going with it for one thing, and you end up with poverty and misery for all. Or you'd at least have to call a halt to the production of new technology, since there'd be no way to pay for it all.

Quote:
The system here worked as long as it was largely people that came up through industry and the like (shop floor or management/owners) that felt strongly about issues, had some passion for political debate and were prepared to work across parties to improve things. What we have now is a bunch of career politicians that lack that experience and basically graduated into the system. That's a gross oversimplification but IMO it's what's at the heart of the decay.


I did mention a little while ago that I thought we could do with experienced people from industry and such expertise as science, medicine etc having more involvement in government - the Chinese do it, and of course we wouldn't need to have the authoritarianism of their system too (although again, I think that's where socialism would eventually take us as a single ideology - I can't think of anywhere at any time where it hasn't).*
These people wouldn't make governmental decisions (and their ideas and opinions would still need to be cross-checked with others, or we'd constantly end up with what we're getting with the management of the Covid situation - over-reaction, poor science that doesn't appear to be peer reviewed in any way, whilst much of the scientific community disagrees and insists we are doing it all wrong) - perhaps something to replace the HoL.

But I totally agree that our current crop of politicians have no relevant experience, or even sufficient intelligence to run a country, in all parties.

*Incidentally, you talk of not having any specific ideologies, but as far as I can see, you're just suggesting an alternative already known ideology to what we currently have - socialism.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017


Last edited by chickenstrip on 00:10 - 23 Nov 2020; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:05 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Also, you can't blame everything on Trump. We get the same hysterical rhetoric against our politicians here, and in Europe. It wouldn't take much seemingly to push that as far as has happened in America.


I can blame a lot on him and the religious right that prop him up. He's a vile specimen of humanity and the sooner he goes, the better.


He's really a lovely chap - you'd like him if you met him Laughing
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
So should Trump have intervened with federal power or not? Democrat city leaders were reported to have turned down his offer of help (Wheeler in Portland for e.g.). Or was that fake news?


Are these questions too difficult to answer?


No, they're not but the problem wasn't the rioting and looting, that was the result of the problem. If you have a disgruntled populace and deliberately antagonize them is it any surprise when they decide to let loose?
Do you think that using violence on your own citizenry would have resolved the issue, what do you suppose the aftermath of the Brixton riots would have been like if the army had been sent in all guns blazing?

In the true spirit of whataboutism, what would you consider an appropriate response to the killing by the police of a thousand black people a year?
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:19 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Hats


Huh?

I really don't know what you're trying to say here but if you're implying that Trump was wrong to focus on jobs and the economy instead of promoting social cohesion I tend to agree. Whether you think he did a good job (up to Covid hitting anyway) is neither here nor there, he's a fool to think "judge me on my results" holds any sway in a political fight.
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:37 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
In the true spirit of whataboutism, what would you consider an appropriate response to the killing by the police of a thousand black people a year?


The same as the response to the killing by the police of a thousand white people a year? Not that the police have shot that many people but whatever...

32 deaths per million (black) versus 13 deaths per million (white) is however a worrying statistic but if you look at homicide offending rates it's 200 offenders per million (black) versus 40 offenders per million (white.)

Destroy small businesses already reeling from Covid lockdowns, yes... that would totally fix everything Wink
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 21 of 67

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: enterprise (www) - Page Generation Time: 4.82 Sec - Server Load: 1.41 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 46 - Page Size: 170.61 Kb