Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The United States Presidential election thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Yeah, forget the rules and his ineffectual legal team, just let him have a podium at the highest court in the land because... bless!

But but but...

He's SPECIAL and he ALWAYS gets his own way - it's just so bigly unfair!!!!!

Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/14/trump-refusing-to-pay-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-after-falling-out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Oh yes. That one is especially delicious. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're right, you've convinced me that the personalities are far more important than the issues Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:36 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
No, you're right, you've convinced me that the personalities are far more important than the issues Laughing

Unfortunately in this case they've become more important and shouldn't be. That in itself is damning of Trump.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

That was already your stance.
“Oh why not let little Donald have his day in Supreme Court?”

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I don’t really care about American democracy. I do care that people accept what they’re told without question.

Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:23 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Oh and the left made a lot less of a fuss when an election was won fair and square - they certainly didn't try to derail the democratic process. In the case of the US Trump win the handover was gracious and smooth. No petulance, no cries of not fair, no cries of election fraud.

Like I said, the desperation is hilarious. Laughing

I agree there's a lot of cope going on, especially these Q ppl muttering about 4th March Laughing But this is what I don't understand: you argumentum ad hominem Rebel ad nauseum and then come out with the outright lie that we didn't endure 4 years of Democrats crying "Russian Collusion!" Thinking

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:53 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy, you watch the Lotus Eaters podcast, don't you? You know how Carl is always talking about the Roman Empire? How well do you know the tale yourself?
Carl decided that Trump was Tiberius Gracchus, and I have to agree. The parallels are uncanny. Arrayed against him are so many Nasicas, the elites, the Roman Senate with their powerful families. But if that's the case, Caesar is yet to come. I wonder who it will be?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:55 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I agree there's a lot of cope going on, especially these Q ppl muttering about 4th March Laughing

Do you think there are 74 million of them?
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Islander wrote:

Oh and the left made a lot less of a fuss when an election was won fair and square - they certainly didn't try to derail the democratic process. In the case of the US Trump win the handover was gracious and smooth. No petulance, no cries of not fair, no cries of election fraud.

Ooh no, no sour grapes there Laughing

Plan A. Collude with Hillary, GPS to win the election.
Plan B. Sway the Electoral College votes
Plan C. Overturn the Election results with recounts. (abandoned when they resulted in more votes for Trump and exposed democrat voter fraud)
Plan D. Nullify the election by framing Trump with Russian collusion
Plan E. Have the Deep State take Trump out using the 25th Amendment
Plan F. Impeach Trump for firing Comey
Plan G. Impeach Trump for Campaign Finance violations
Plan H. Push Back: “If you see anybody from that cabinet.....get in their face”
Plan I. Impeach Trump for Obstruction of Justice
Plan J. Demonize Trump’s S.C. Justice nominee
Plan K. Impeach Trump for Money Laundering
Plan L. Impeach Trump for Treason
Plan M. Impeach Trump for revoking security clearances of people no longer in the government.
Plan N. Obstruct everything Trump attempts to do in congress
Plan O. Impeach Trump for violation of the Emoluments Clause
Plan P. Throw tantrum over Trump’s tax returns we will never see
Plan Q. Give sixteen year olds the vote
Plan R. Eliminate the Electoral College
Plan S. Let imprisoned convicts vote
plan T. Use pictures of illegal alien children caged by 0bama and blame Trump
Plan U. Mueller Report findings....
Plan V. Mueller's 9 minute summary of Weismann’s 400 pg op-ed
Plan W. Impeach Trump for "racist" Tweet "if you don't like it here, go home"
Plan X. Mueller's testimony before Congress���
Plan Y. Moscow Trump Tower
Plan Z. Tie Bill's buddy Epstein to Trump
Plan AA. Exclude Trump from Kaliforia’s Primary Ballot
Plan AB. Convince voters we are headed into a recession
Plan AC. Recruit Establishment Never-Trumpers to run against him
Plan AD. Dox Trump supporters
Plan AE. Conspire with Silicon Valley to shut down any and all Conservatives
Plan AF. Change the whistle blower rules so literally anyone can fabricate a fake story based on hearsay
Plan AG. Change the House Rules on Impeachment as needed
Plan AH. Impeach Trump for pulling out of Syria after the Stated Mission of eradicating ISIS was successfully concluded
Plan AI. Impeach Trump for not informing leak prone democrats before taking out the ISIS leader and his successor
Plan AJ. Accuse Trump of a cover-up because the Trump/Zelenskiy transcript was stored on a secure system. Wait, what?
Plan AK. Impeach Trump for Quid Pro Quo
no wait, make that Bribery,
no wait, make that Extortion,
no wait, make that intimidating tweets.
Plan AL Impeach Trump using falsified evidence, for incitement, after he left office

Earth calling Islander , come in please.

When you say Earth, you mean the planet LaLa don't you. Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:

Like I said, the desperation is hilarious. Laughing

I agree there's a lot of cope going on, especially these Q ppl muttering about 4th March Laughing But this is what I don't understand: you argumentum ad hominem Rebel ad nauseum and then come out with the outright lie that we didn't endure 4 years of Democrats crying "Russian Collusion!" Thinking

Pertinent phrase in bold Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Sorry, I just see more ad hominem and cope Sad

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:

Sorry, I just see more ad hominem and cope Sad

Now show me the ad hominem...

If you mean against Trump then he's put himself out there and has to weather people taking the piss out of him. None of my comments were directed against members here.

I've said it before, you really need to read posts more completely and carefully. Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

I've said it before, you really need to read posts more completely and carefully. Wink

No, he really doesn't. Not yours anyway. "Orange Man Bad", and that's it for 76 pages Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Huh? You respond to a largely* genuine post from Rebel and ask if he's an Earth-based entity? If that isn't a personal attack I don't know what is Neutral

* I'm generous, I assess things based on entertainment value as well as factual correctness

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:

Huh? You respond to a largely* genuine post from Rebel and ask if he's an Earth-based entity? If that isn't a personal attack I don't know what is Neutral

* I'm generous, I assess things based on entertainment value as well as factual correctness

Eh? Look again at what he said to me - I was responding in kind. That's fair comment under the circumstances.

Also largely genuine? Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

No one's under any illusion that Rebel is a font of truth and knowledge Rolling Eyes

Okay, fair enough you respond to what it my book is just a common phrase but it comes across as writing off the whole post. This is where a forum shows up as entirely lacking compared the pub, a few pints and a chinwag Neutral

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

No, he really doesn't. Not yours anyway. "Orange Man Bad", and that's it for 76 pages Laughing

That's a bit of an over simplification Laughing

Last edited by Islander on 13:52 - 03 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

That's a bitof an over simplification Laughing

Yeah Nick don't forgot posting the same meme 1000 times...

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:

No one's under any illusion that Rebel is a font of truth and knowledge Rolling Eyes

Okay, fair enough you respond to what it my book is just a common phrase but it comes across as writing off the whole post. This is where a forum shows up as entirely lacking compared the pub, a few pints and a chinwag Neutral

Well duh! If this were a pub I'd happily chat to the likes of yourself and chickenstrip but I'd be avoiding rebel like the plague - having encountered a few conspiracy theorists in the past they're generally too much hard work especially when there's beer and sensible chat to be had Wink

If you read what rebel posted then there's little of the factual in it. It deserved to be dismissed out of hand.

If someone sets themselves up for ridicule by posting almost entirely risible content then they get what they deserve. If they get butthurt by it then meh. See yonder barren field...?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Islander wrote:

That's a bitof an over simplification Laughing

Yeah Nick don't forgot posting the same meme 1000 times...

I've told you a zillion million billion gazillion times never to exaggerate. Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

That's a bit of an over simplification Laughing

Is he very bad? Laughing
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 52 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 76 of 79