Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit new bright future timeline?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

In 2022 all will be much better then 2015
It will take until 2030
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
2070 and the new future will be here
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
2121 Lord Digby is right all will be great
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
When the UK rejoins the EU
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Never.
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:31 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
How can you tell that's Hamish, not, I dunno, Jimmy?

Sticky up horns on Coos.
Not as sticky up on bulls.

Allegedly.

I don't care if it's a girl or a boy, I'm still not grabbing them.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
How can you tell that's Hamish, not, I dunno, Jimmy?

Sticky up horns on Coos.
Not as sticky up on bulls.

Allegedly.

You're missing my point. Hamish doesn't like having his horns grabbed. But Jimmy loves it.

Also allegedly.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 216 days between these two posts...
Val This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please leave this sceptic isle and return to the Utopia from whence you came, we cannot stand to bask in your radiance any longer.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:24 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go to Poland though Val, they are having a little contratemps with the EU at the moment. They might not like your EU arse licking.

1000,000 € a day fine for not disbanding a certain court.
500,000€ a day fine for not closing a coal fired power station.

Big bullies. Razz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59064883

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:41 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, in some European cities I've visited, the turds are practically lying about in the streets, some of them are one step away from open sewers. Pipework that's so shonky you have to put your used arse-wipe in a paper bag in a bin etc.

So I don't think this has anything to do with Brexit. It's just chronic infrastructure underspending which is hardly a UK specific problem.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:33 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides Unhygeinix and his cronies kicking up stink at the moment, how can any true assessment of the effects of Brexit be made when the whole world is currently fucked up because of Covid?

The supply chain is so fucked up at the moment I can't even find a tin of aerosol glue, presumably the huffers have hit the paint cans as they are also noticeably absent on the shelves.
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof Brexit is working

All the thick cunt remainers thought this country was perfect with so called EU regulation in place, it's all bollocks, sewage has been dumped for years and now they're realising it because the veil has been removed

People will be moaning like fuck when the roads have to be dug up to increase the sewage capacity so it doesn't have to dumped at sea
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Right, time to get up... what shall I wear today before trolling obscure Internet forums to shill for the EU?"

https://www.jpost.com//HttpHandlers/ShowImage.ashx?id=331017&w=822&h=537

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
I'm not sure how mainly foreign owned (Often EU countries) water companies, dumping raw sewage in to the sea to increase profit, has anything to do with Brexit. Our local one blatantly lies to the local residents and clearly bung cash to local council and the environment agency to be allowed to expand an unsuitable site, which will soon be completely surrounded by housing, leaving the smell nowhere to go.

It's all about cash, not Brexit.

What next, blaming the volcano in La Palma on "Climate ChAnGe"?

Rolling Eyes

There are literally EU laws againg dumping s4it in rivers and the EU court has fined the UK for that in the past:

[url]
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-eu-court-wastewater-idUKBRE89H0R320121018[/url]

stinkwheel wrote:

So I don't think this has anything to do with Brexit. It's just chronic infrastructure underspending which is hardly a UK specific problem.

How is that NOT related to Brexit? Gove literally said the environment standards will be even better after Brexit. That is a lie. The tories are making them worst. Without Brexit that is not possible because of the EU enviromental laws.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:26 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fuck off val. What's done is done..

You don't add anything constructive so your continuous 'i told you so is annoying to everyone whether they voted stay or leave.
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:

So the EU get to keep the fine for a French water company polluting our beaches? Thank feck we left.

Oh btw, French owner Southern Water have been dumping sewage in rivers and the sea for decades. All that seems to have changed it that the consumers now get refunded instead of handing the £6M to the EU.

Win, win.

SWW built a new sewage treatment plant in Truro in the early 90's to stop the semi treated effluent from the plant being dumped in the river.
The new plant was a piece of shit and didn't work as it should, so the company I worked for at the time set up some pumps to link the old and new plants to reduce output into the river, however whenever the storm drains were reasonably busy the shit still ended up bypassing both plants and ending up in the river.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:49 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I totally agree with Labour about is services should be in the public ownership.

Leccy, gas, water, sewage. But that's another argument.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
One thing I totally agree with Labour about is services should be in the public ownership.

Public transport.
Healthcare. Private cuntpanies should be permitted to sell to the NHS but be prohibited from affecting policy.

Health boards believe they are beyond the reach of big pharma's influences. Laughing

Multinationals still fund training and research 'in the name of the greater good'.
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I half agree. Water in and out is a complete monopoly with no competition, so should not be given to a private company, with a toothless regulator letting them put up prices well over inflation, year after year, with sod all investment in infrastructure v increase in customers.

Electric and gas though is usually a free market and a consumer can buy from the cheapest, driven by competition. I suspect privatising these will cause a lot of waste and be more expensive than the market's cheapest.

Except it's a complete lie. My daughter is with a company that buys completely green energy. If that is the case why have her costs gone up the same as all the other companies? Wind and hydro hasn't increased has it?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Cable Tie wrote:
I'm not sure how mainly foreign owned (Often EU countries) water companies, dumping raw sewage in to the sea to increase profit, has anything to do with Brexit. Our local one blatantly lies to the local residents and clearly bung cash to local council and the environment agency to be allowed to expand an unsuitable site, which will soon be completely surrounded by housing, leaving the smell nowhere to go.

It's all about cash, not Brexit.

What next, blaming the volcano in La Palma on "Climate ChAnGe"?

Rolling Eyes

There are literally EU laws againg dumping s4it in rivers and the EU court has fined the UK for that in the past:

[url]
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-eu-court-wastewater-idUKBRE89H0R320121018[/url]

stinkwheel wrote:

How is that NOT related to Brexit? Gove literally said the environment standards will be even better after Brexit. That is a lie. The tories are making them worst. Without Brexit that is not possible because of the EU enviromental laws.

Link doesn't work

Eu law is bollocks, if you can afford the fine, which the biggest dumpers can, they'll happily take that over infrastructure spending, you've been sold a lie that the big Lovely EU can do anything it wants by magicking up a law, just come back from Cyprus where half the pavements are mashed up and you're telling me, despite that, they follow the environmental standards to the full stop?

This is why the Eu debate doesn't move on, rather than a legislative veil, you've actually got to come up with policy ideas as to how this issue is dealt with now

Since Corona started i haven't had any sewage cake and doubt as many other farmers have, but there's probably more shitting arseholes so it's got to go somewhere, life aint perfect.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Except it's a complete lie. My daughter is with a company that buys completely green energy. If that is the case why have her costs gone up the same as all the other companies? Wind and hydro hasn't increased has it?

Firms clambering for cheaper energy will be buying up the capacity from the green sources causing that to also go up
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you pay for Green Energy?

"Up to and including murder!"

Oh really? How about nuclear power... no carbon emissions!

"Oh no, I wouldn't go that far."

It's a grift, no price is too high unless it actually solves the problem.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:47 - 29 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
My daughter is with a company that buys completely green energy. If that is the case why have her costs gone up the same as all the other companies? Wind and hydro hasn't increased has it?

It's all just misleading marketing spin, what the energy supplier chooses to buy makes no tangible difference to what energy consumers are supplied with.

"One key concern raised about green energy tariffs is that suppliers make the claim after paying to obtain certificates that "offset" fossil fuels.

When an renewable unit of electricity is generated - for example, by a wind turbine - energy regulator Ofgem issues a Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin (REGO) to the firm owning the wind turbine, to prove that this energy is green.

That firm is then allowed to sell both the electricity and the certificate separately.

There is a marketplace where leftover REGOs are traded, and there are enough of them "going spare" to allow energy suppliers to cover the proportion of fossil fuels they sell to customers on each tariff.

Each certificate costs just £1 or £2 per customer per year, meaning an energy supplier can make electricity from the wholesale market, which includes fossil fuels, look entirely green, at an affordable price."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58222808
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4