Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 08 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
The Artist wrote:

If you are getting that from what I said, there is no point discussing any further.

Let's break it down.

I made a statement that questioned the experts' input to this point - something which I stand by, because anyone in their right mind that thinks we'll have anything near the death rate they predicted is off their trolley. You'd only have to look around the world % deaths per population to see that.

You asked me a question as to whether we should ignore them from now on. Well, I never said that did I? I merely stated that I didn't think they've done a bang up job so far, but you can take as read I believe there should be an element of doubt in anyone's head about how credible these experts are.

Then Islander comes along and conflates that statement to I must believe Shania and Courtnay on Facey. Where the hell have I said that? Nowhere.

I asked you the question whether you should take the experts' advice as 100% accurate and you again conflate what I've said with the fact I'm listening to social media. But I'd infer that 'logic of thinking because someone educated in science made an error' means you do believe they've made some errors (and again, if you don't, then LOL); if you believe they've made some errors then - welcome to my world Smile

The last part about their advice being useless - well I guess that's just you inferring what I'm meaning because of your prejudice of my perceived position. I haven't said that the experts are useless. I wouldn't go that far. But I still stand by the fact they've been wildly inaccurate - again - on their mastermind chosen subject.

Yeah tbh from your original comment implying that expert advice was not accurate, I did assume you were like so many people I see on a daily basis who seem to be anti-science and think because they heard some expert say something that turned out to be wrong, makes them feel like they know better because someone on facebook said something else. I apologise for that.

If you make a one line statement that can easily be interpreted as grouping all experts as one group and the worst case scenarios presented as their collective opinion, then most sensible people can see this is wrong. Some experts have presented scenarios based on modelling of virus spreading and of course it would be the worst case ones that make the headlines. This is a global phenomenon so there is never going to be clear and 100% accurate information available immediately but the best chance we have is to listen to people more qualified and experienced (epidemiologists/scientists) and try and filter out the BS (social media and to a certain extent politicians).

We should all question everything but I am still going to believe qualified "experts" more than anyone else even if they are wrong sometimes. If people need to figure out and understand every aspect of everything themselves, it's not gonna be a good time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 08 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, we're not a million miles apart Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iST-7dtaIlg

Seems TalkRadio got the message on YT and are sticking 'safe' these days....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2