PostPosted: 17:54 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Lockdown 3.0 Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2HZ5P-0rsU

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lockdowns are merely forced gatherings.

Phrase makes no sense. The message is, "Stay at home."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Quote:
Lockdowns are merely forced gatherings.

Phrase makes no sense. The message is, "Stay at home."

No, the message is "Stay at home except for..." and a long, long, long list of exemptions.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So find a loophole (hey, B&Q is open, let’s take the whole family down there on the pretext of buying some DIY stuff we have no intention of using) and then blame the government because its lax rules let you do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m hearing lots of stories about disappointed school kids denied the opportunity to do exams. Have times changed or is that how kids really feel these days? I’d have been delighted.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:05 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I’m hearing lots of stories about disappointed school kids denied the opportunity to do exams. Have times changed or is that how kids really feel these days? I’d have been delighted.

It's all gone down the drain since they stopped putting lead in petrol.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:11 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Don't get me started; my missus works in academia (Further Education) and the situation is mental. For example, a 2 hour exam is now a 3 hour exam so that they've got an hour over if anything goes wrong with their upload of their paper back into the system. Guess what - they're all still submitting late Laughing Oh sorry, my PC crashed.... yeah sure.

Last year's marks were essentially 'no detriment' - if they looked like they'd get a First at the mock exams they'd get a first regardless of whether they flunked their actual exam. The opposite way around, where the student had flunked their mock exams as they'd not taken it seriously - the teacher basically awarded a mark based on how capable they thought the student was; which is a good idea in principle if balanced alright but the overall grade average year on year went through the roof Laughing

As for the list of mitigating circumstances - wow, some whopping dog ate my homework stories.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/school-kid-who-didnt-revise-and-prayed-for-a-miracle-scared-of-his-own-powers-20200320194731

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSCE's were in November, so presumably those students have had a more impaired education in 2020 than the previous class, and their teachers will have even less information with which to grade their pupils.

As a former "mature student" I hope they don't believe it's all over for them. Not everyone reaches their peak at 16, 18 or 21, although society disproportionately rewards those who do.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

It's all gone down the drain since they stopped putting lead in petrol.

I blame the abolition of corporal punishment in schools.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

They might have to stay on at least a year longer though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 06 Jan 2021    Post subject: Re: Lockdown 3.0 Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

Bloke's a complete wanker. It would be a great pleasure to kick him hard and repeatedly in the goolies (if indeed he has any goolies).

Polo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:05 - 07 Jan 2021    Post subject: Re: Lockdown 3.0 Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Kris wrote:

Bloke's a complete wanker. It would be a great pleasure to kick him hard and repeatedly in the goolies (if indeed he has any goolies).

Indeed, I'd beat him to death with a shoe and with a smile on my face.

Fucking self-entitled shitwit.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 08 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hat how kids really feel these days? I’d have been delighted.

Quote:

My middle son was due to sit A'levels this year and before Mr Wuhan decided he'd like a raw bat butty. He was doing really well, hoping to become a dentist. Cambridge had already approached him and asked for him to come for 2 weeks to see if he liked the place. (not sure that this was for Dentistry).

But alas it's all gone to Shxt, from March to July last year, he had f..k all learning, the odd thing set on a website. Since September he has been back week on, week off and now nothing.

I would love for him to resit the year, it makes total sense, if he had been born 1 day later he would be the year below anyway!!!!!!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 08 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Quote:
hat how kids really feel these days? I’d have been delighted.

Quote:

My middle son was due to sit A'levels this year and before Mr Wuhan decided he'd like a raw bat butty. He was doing really well, hoping to become a dentist. Cambridge had already approached him and asked for him to come for 2 weeks to see if he liked the place. (not sure that this was for Dentistry).

But alas it's all gone to Shxt, from March to July last year, he had f..k all learning, the odd thing set on a website. Since September he has been back week on, week off and now nothing.

I would love for him to resit the year, it makes total sense, if he had been born 1 day later he would be the year below anyway!!!!!!

That will entail a log jam that's going to take years to untangle with not enough school places for kids unless they enlarge the classes hugely.

My preference would be to concentrate on the kids that want to learn and not force the the ones that don't back for another year but that won't go down well with certain groups.

I really feel for the kids that have worked their socks off to get in a good position for their exams and then they get hit with this.

Polo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm viewing it differently, I have a daughter due to take her A-levels this year and she turns into a demonic shitbag around exam time as she puts so much pressure on herself. She has consistently been in the top few of her classes for several years so I'm taking the viewpoint that she has been at the same school since she was 11, her teachers know her well, remains top of her class and will not be taking her foot off the gas now even though there is no exam at the end. So she is in as best a position she can be in this shitstorm. There was tears but she has come round to my way of thinking too.

Much worse for those waft along, middle of the road and do the last minute cramming ahead of the exams.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those keen to learn can still do it but if it's at all like when I was at school at least half would just consider extra time off a big holiday - me included most likely.
It always seemed *very* difficult to get back into the routine after normal summer holiday never mind several extra months off.
When you are young you opinions and development are in hyperdrive it is literally the formative period of your life.
Having said that many might be getting a lot of useful experience e.g. helping behind scenes at small businesses or just doing more at home - and avoiding the leftist slant which permeates education now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Those keen to learn can still do it but if it's at all like when I was at school at least half would just consider extra time off a big holiday - me included most likely.
It always seemed *very* difficult to get back into the routine after normal summer holiday never mind several extra months off.
When you are young you opinions and development are in hyperdrive it is literally the formative period of your life.
Having said that many might be getting a lot of useful experience e.g. helping behind scenes at small businesses or just doing more at home - and avoiding the leftist slant which permeates education now.

Leftist slant has been threaded through UK education since the sixties and earlier.
Teachers get good pay and short hours compared to other 'professionals'.
Threatening the wean's education gets more respect than bringing coal t' surface or looking after us when we're sick.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Having said that many might be getting a lot of useful experience e.g. helping behind scenes at small businesses

What is this apostasy?! We must eradicate small businesses. Work for big tech or the government, or get out of the way. Get with the program!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't work out the truth behind the free school meals furore. On the one hand there's (only) anonymous Lefty traveller 'Roadside Mum' posting a picture of the paltry offering, and on the other there's (predictably) Tory donors Chartwells supplying the food parcels. Chartwells are part of BBC puppet Rashford's own Child Food Poverty taskforce yet Boris is the one phoning the footballer to make his apology.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give them what they really want.

https://i.postimg.cc/DwGmGH2x/IMG-0163.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:08 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the food parcels first hand: a joke.

Someone is making off like bandits Sad

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:41 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I can't work out the truth behind the free school meals furore. On the one hand there's (only) anonymous Lefty traveller 'Roadside Mum' posting a picture of the paltry offering, and on the other there's (predictably) Tory donors Chartwells supplying the food parcels. Chartwells are part of BBC puppet Rashford's own Child Food Poverty taskforce yet Boris is the one phoning the footballer to make his apology.

Chartwells response is that it is actually a £10.50 food parcel. Still terrible but not quite as bad as £30 if true.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1