Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2015 125CC YBR -HEADLIGHT AIM/ANGLE ISSUE- PLEASE HELP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bikerdood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:52 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: 2015 125CC YBR -HEADLIGHT AIM/ANGLE ISSUE- PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Hey everyone I hope your well and thank you in advance for any help!

OK so I've got a 2015 Yamaha Ybr with the square light on the front (not the old circle one)

I'm due an mot this week and I know it will fail due to the aim being rather high on the right hand side, so I've been trying my hardest to work out whats up myself and learn, rather then shell out for a simple job I should know myself.

I cant seem to find any info in my manual either, the light can be moved up and down with ease, but how to aim left and right has left me baffled, I can't see any adjusting screw/screws. I've uploaded a picture of the headlight

Anyone with knowledge of the bike or headlight any advice is greatly appreciated thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:26 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have an import and is designed for RHS driving. You do know it's only on dipped that you need to worry about this?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Re: 2015 125CC YBR -HEADLIGHT AIM/ANGLE ISSUE- PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
I cant seem to find any info in my manual either, the light can be moved up and down with ease, but how to aim left and right has left me baffled, I can't see any adjusting screw/screws. I've uploaded a picture of the headlight

Dunno. Try: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111121155208AAIO3R9

Bikerdood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:09 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bike isn't an import, just need to work out how to adjust the light from left to right

Last edited by Bikerdood on 16:29 - 09 Jan 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Sounds like you have an import and is designed for RHS driving. You do know it's only on dipped that you need to worry about this?

Hi and thanks for your reply, I do know this yes, but am I rite in thinking dipped are the ones tested on mot?
]
You've really got an import with right-hand dip? If so, I would be inclined to replace it with a UK one (or even one from Japan or elsewhere they drive on the left).

Has it been MOT'd here before?

If it's left-hand dip but just needs adjusting, the MOT man might do it while you're there, for nothing.

Bikerdood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:27 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, no its not an import, its a UK model and passed several mots before.

All I need to do is work out how to adjust the headlight so its a bit more up to the left so I'm not dazzling other drivers,

However trying to find information on were and how to adjust left to rite is proving to be difficult

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:59 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't adjust how much it's up at the right and down on the left and vice versa.

At most you can adjust how much up or down the whole headlight and the whole left and right of the headlight.

Bikerdood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:14 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a bit of force and trying to bend it back into place would work then? How strict are they with the precise projection of your headlight aim on motorcycle mots?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:18 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
Maybe a bit of force and trying to bend it back into place would work then? How strict are they with the precise projection of your headlight aim on motorcycle mots?

Have you fallen off the bike and fucked the alignment that way?

Bikerdood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:24 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I came off the bike a couple weeks ago, thats whats got me thinking of just using some force to try and get some results, instead of looking for adjustment screws

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:27 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
Yeah I came off the bike a couple weeks ago, thats whats got me thinking of just using some force to try and get some results, instead of looking for adjustment screws

So why the fuck did you not say that at the beginning? Once again we've been sent down a fucking rabbithole by some cockwomble who left out the most important detail.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:

I would be inclined to see what if anything is bent, so that you can apply some force to the correct part (that's if the advice in the above link does not help), rather than just going at it with a hammer....
Bikerdood This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
Shut the (etc)

Oh dear, your knickers are showing.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:35 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
Shut the fuck up nobby you stupid fucking peadofile, you didn't have a fucking clue anyway you dumb jumped up walker. I hope ta die on them roads boy

Looks like I hurt someone's feelings. Calling me a boy gives me the same warm feeling I get when I'm buying booze in Sainsburys and get ID'd cause I'm 50 years old with a wife, 3 kids a 4 bedroom house and a litre bike.

Haters gonna hate.

It's spelt paedophile, btw. HTH.
Bikerdood This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
Bikerdood This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
Lol who the fuck are you aswell you rag head, your all as fucking stupid as each other

You’re a bit of a cunt aren’t you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:41 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
I bet you touch your little kiddys up aswell don't ya big filthy fucking nonce, gives me the same warm feeling your wife does while going deep throat on my cock, silly old tosser I hope your family die of covid

Given you an 'offtopic' karma because this thread is supposed to be about aligning headlights'

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikerdood wrote:
Back at you ya fucking noncey cunt of peadofile go fisty ya mum

Were you molested as a child perchance?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:50 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Bikerdood wrote:

Would you like to be molested?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Surely if I like being molested it's not molesting?

So no, I would not like to be molested.

(Schrödingers molester)

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Bikerdood wrote:

Oh! The poor, *poor* baby!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Fisty wrote:

Not as a child, of course... however, now, it would depend on who would be doing the molesting.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2