Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paint sealant and rust inhibitor combo?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

petshark
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:36 - 16 Jan 2021    Post subject: Paint sealant and rust inhibitor combo? Reply with quote

I've considered ceramic coating my new bike but have settled for a spray sealant for the time being. The product is P&S Beadmaker. The bottom line is that I want to keep it in good shape but I don't want to go the full detailing route. So we'll see how that works out.

But while it's snowing over here I am wondering how do these things mix with something like ACF-50 to avoid corrosion because of salt. P&S beadmaker works on everything; paint plastic, metal, ... but it will probably not protect against salt, right?

Should I divide the bike in different sections and use different products?

petshark
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:30 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Re: Paint sealant and rust inhibitor combo? Reply with quote

petshark wrote:
Should I divide the bike in different sections and use different products?

Nobody?

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:36 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of PBS Beadmaker - though a quick google suggests it's very good.

ACF-50 is the tried and tested method, then in spring give it a good wash and everything is hunky dory underneath. I'd think ACF-50 would go over your beadmaker product without any issue - for the most parts it's just a slightly oily/sticky protective layer and I don't see why it wouldn't work over the top of something else.

You're asking a very specific question which is why the lack of answers.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're thinking of mixing two products from different manufacturers to see what happens.

😁

What's the chemical content of PBS Beadmaker
And what's the chemical content of ACF-50?

Is there anything incompatible in one or the other?

You could melt your bike. 🤣

Possibly etch the paint.

Or one cancels out the properties of the other.

I don't know and don't like to offer advice apart from speak to both manufacturers.

They may agree or Poo-Poo your Cunning Plan.
Or they may suggest a more bettererer solution.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like P&S Beadmaker is just designed to give a bit of UV protection and make water bead off paint. Seems like a weird idea to stick ACF over something that's designed to make things run off it. Why not just use the beadmaker on painted bits that dont need much protection like the tank and then use the ACF everywhere else?

petshark
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:06 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies!

You all make good points. I was not planning to use one product on top of the other and indeed more worried that they would not get along.
I would like to have the benefits of P&S beadmaker and have bought a bottle but then realized that this will most likely not protect against oxidation. Both products are sprays so keeping them apart is difficult, that's why I had hopes that someone already tried this and could give me a heads-up.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:52 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can spray Scotoiler FS365 on the whole bike except the brakes and tyres.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drenched my K1300 in scottoiler365.
The paint still fell off.

(Manufacturers Defect Shhhh... BMW won't ever agree with that.)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1