Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he’s still preferable to Trump. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Or he’s still preferable to Trump. Laughing

Give it time. You'll be soooooorry! Laughing The yanks certainly will, anyway.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won’t be sorry. No real change for us Brits, the Yanks are always Team America: World Police. I’m just astounded that the crude, old, privileged, rich, orange white guy who’d never had a proper job in or out of politics was able to convince enough people, including the dirt poor of the world’s wealthiest nation, that he would make a difference. Fair play. But then after 4 years of opportunity wasted, some of them still believe it. Sure, politicians were ever thus, but the fanatical allegiance is surprising in the absence of actual achievements. It was all just words.

Quote:
To say the least, Donald Trump is not a president in the league of Bush, Carter, or even Taft. Few presidents have left office with so little accomplished, impeached and disgraced. Trump took a lot of credit for the economic growth of his first three years, but the economy was already growing strongly when he took office. Pick a measure, almost any measure, and the trajectory of his first three years was identical to that of Barack Obama’s final three years: unemployment, manufacturing, wages, you name it. And whereas Obama passed a successful economy to Trump, Trump bequeaths a wreck to his successor.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/the-things-trump-got-right/617424/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What proper jobs has Biden had outside of politics?

I could find plenty of articles that disagree with the rest. Meh.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
What proper jobs has Biden had outside of politics?

I covered that with, “in or out of politics.” Trump was supposed to be different, not least in terms of achievement. Was he?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You covered it? Ok, here's the answer: Biden hasn't done any proper job outside of politics.

And lol! Was Trump any different?! After all the fuss his opponents made over him, what do you think? He bloody better have been! Laughing

I think that one of the things that Trump was doing was fighting against all these stupid ideas like critical theory (race, gender etc) which Biden is bringing back in. We are going to start finding that this was very important for western countries to do, whereas I don't think Biden understands it at all. Thankfully, our own government does seem to see the importance of it.

How about standing firm against China, whereas Biden is already showing that he cannot be firm and decisive in his language about the CCP - there should be no ambiguity about the US opposition to the Chinese govt's belligerence and attempts to spread its influence worldwide...unless of course you'd be happy to live in a world under Chinese hegemony? Because if Biden doesn't see that this is very much China's goal, it's likely the future. But then Biden stumbles through everything he says so no one can really understand what he is saying, or even if he actually really is saying anything of any substance, and is not just skirting every question put to him through lack of any real policy ideas or goals.

Trump was starting to change the dynamic in the Middle East in a positive way, with Arab countries beginning to normalise relations with Israel, which I also think was a good thing. Who else had achieved anything of the kind?

Trump hadn't entered the US into any wars throughout his office, and had indeed reduced their military footprint in places where little or nothing was being achieved.

One of Biden's first acts was to kill the pipeline deal with Canada, destroying 11,000 jobs at a stroke with no help for those newly unemployed people. Do you also think they should "learn to code?" Whether or not you think the pipeline was a good or a bad thing, don't you think Biden should have put in place alternatives for those workers before just scrapping their jobs? And what signal does such an arbitrary action send to Canada?

This is what I think Biden's presidency will be characterised by; grand schemes and airy ideas, and bowing to whichever way the wind happens to be blowing among the loudest voices in his party, some of these being little more than total fruit-loops, and with little or no consideration of their wider effects. I have not seen anything throughout Biden's political career that suggests he is going to achieve anything of note, certainly nothing of his own devising. But i guess that's ok, because Islander reassures us that he is a very nice man Laughing

But hey, go ahead and let me know why you think he will be such a success? And never mind bringing us back to Trump again - he's gone, which is what everyone wanted, so we're all happy Smile

Oh, and btw, it was two failed impeachments that had no leg to stand on. The disgrace of that is all on the Dems for wasting everybody's time.

Last edited by chickenstrip on 03:26 - 22 Feb 2021; edited 2 times in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Orange One never worked in politics before and wasted 4 years trying to break a system he didn't understand instead of bending it.

The Sleepy One never worked a day in the real world and will spend 4 years (if he lasts that long) working with the system to make sure nothing tangibly beneficial happens for the proles.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:57 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The Orange One never worked in politics before and wasted 4 years trying to break a system he didn't understand instead of bending it.

That system was already broken, as you have suggested before yourself. Trump was from outside of that broken system, with its influence peddling, which was kind of the point and why he gave so many people hope - like 74 million people apparently. Trump believed in the constitution, one of the best things the US has going for it, whereas the Dems have little or no regard for it. He also believed in law and order, whereas the Dems allowed and even actively encouraged - at best remained silent about - riots and lawlessness from BLM, Antifa and other radical leftist groups in the cities, in a cynical attempt to say it was all Trump's fault. No right-minded individual believes that.
Britabroad This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:08 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britabroad wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
But everyone voted for him therefore Americans must like being ruled by crooks Thinking Or they're too dumb to think for themselves and just believe everything the MSM spoon-feeds them. Either way they deserve what they get.

A bit harsh, but basically true.........But us Trumpers don't deserve to have to live the next 4yrs under Demtard rule!

If you don't like it there you could always go back to were you came from.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
the Dems allowed and even actively encouraged - at best remained silent about - riots and lawlessness from BLM, Antifa and other radical leftist groups in the cities, in a cynical attempt to say it was all Trump's fault. No right-minded individual believes that.

Given BLM's maiden outing of mostly peaceful rioting was the best part of 8 years balls deep into the presidency of Obama - the first black president of the United States (and boy didn't we get to hear about that) - the fact they've shifted the blame for it all onto Trump is, in some ways, a genius sleight of hand, but in other ways pretty bloody scary how they can get away with it. Orwellian indeed.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
...in some ways, a genius sleight of hand, but in other ways pretty bloody scary how they can get away with it. Orwellian indeed.

If even footballers are bright enough to work this out one can hardly say "they got away with it." A rather optimist view I know but it's always best to stay positive Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Britabroad wrote:

A bit harsh, but basically true.........But us Trumpers don't deserve to have to live the next 4yrs under Demtard rule!

If you don't like it there you could always go back to were you came from

I'd say that to a few fuckers over here but it's deemed racist. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
arry wrote:
...in some ways, a genius sleight of hand, but in other ways pretty bloody scary how they can get away with it. Orwellian indeed.

If even footballers are bright enough to work this out one can hardly say "they got away with it." A rather optimist view I know but it's always best to stay positive Smile

Not to destroy your hope or anything Laughing
But under Biden, it's the critical theorists who remain in the ascendant in the US, since it is Biden who is making that utter bulls**t a matter of policy. I mean, how stupid does he have to be to think that could ever be a good thing?

Here, government is rejecting it, and on both sides of the Atlantic, I believe the vast majority of people are starting to see through the agenda of these radical leftist groups. We in the west have fought against communism (aka "progressiveness") through a long Cold War, and made ourselves the most successful civilisation on Earth. People with an iota of sense are not going to throw all that away lightly I think. I don't think the majority of voters in the US had their eye on that ball through the last election, but I think they are waking up to it now. We can only hope they are not too late.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day it's all rooted in Marxism and as we now know that Marx was completely wrong all this stuff will blow over... in a few generations Shocked

With regards to Biden you're ascribing to the tail wagging the dog. He may throw a bone to the useful idiots from time to time (reinstating pointless Critical Race Theory shite) but make no mistake that the lobbyists are back in charge.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on if you think that these theories, once institutionalised, will have any effect. American seats of learning are being gutted by them, and those students will go on to be the politicians, industrialists etc of the future. We already see MSM and businesses infected.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:43 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that Texan is a dyed ine the longhorn Republican state?

This is what it gets you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56147311
Britabroad This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Am I right in thinking that Texan is a dyed ine the longhorn Republican state?

This is what it gets you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56147311

It's plot by Biden and China to stop them leaving the Union Laughing
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:05 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither did the gas plants. Funnily enough the wind turbines in the North Sea can cope with that sort of weather. Texans decided to go cheap never expecting a polar vortex cause they refuse to believe in science.

Thats climate change for you, doesn't just mean tornados. it means weather patterns get disrupted giving results that aren't easily predicted.

How many connections does the texan grid have to neighbouring states?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:24 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britabroad wrote:
No work today girls???

From your utter failure to recognise the difference between a boy and girl dog, or even where their genitalia are located, I would have thought you'd have done the decent thing and stayed away from guessing people's gender.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People signed up for spot pricing and start crying when the price goes up? "Oh noes! I believed in rampant, unchecked Capitalist greed and now it's bit me on the ass!!! State handout pls, thx!" Reminds me of the Lloyds Names bleating after the hurricane.

They could have stopped using the electricity and kept warm burning Qur'ans or something. Either that or get nuclear power Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 8 of 35