Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

How many did he sign in his first five days in office?

What's Biden's score so far? 15 I think? Five days into office. Only 3 years and 360 days left Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

What's Biden's score so far? 15 I think? Five days into office. Only 3 years and 360 days left Smile

He does have a lot of things to put right after the previous mismanagement Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

He does have a lot of things to disastrously mess up after the previous management Razz

I find myself agreeing with you! Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Esf-DYmVoAULRey?format=png&name=900x900https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Esf-EUNVoAAM3gy?format=png&name=900x900

https://i.insider.com/5a0f5d74f914c357018b4ca9?width=598&format=jpeg

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

He's going to be a good president and the Democrats are the best party for the US

I find myself agreeing with you! Razz

I knew you'd come round eventually. Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
the Democrats are the best party for the US if you want to destroy it

Very true.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
He's going to be a good president and the Democrats are the best party for the US

I know. I wish Corbyn was prime minister too.

Blimey. That's going a bit too far... Surprised Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I wouldn't have thought that was far enough for you. I didn't think you'd stop short of Xi Xinping. Still, you do go for Xiao Bai Den Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Islander:

Leaving Trump aside (c'mon man, you can do it!), since he's gone now, what do you think Biden will achieve in his term, and what leads you to believe whatever it is you come up with? What precedents from Biden, in his nearly 50 years in politics, can you give for your expectations?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I was thinking about this and thought hey, give the guy a break, most of those are surely going to be to do with Covid19 and he's just responding to a perceived inaction from Trump. So I looked a bit further.

Actually there's a fair few Covid19 related ones. But not as many as you'd think.

However, one jumped out....

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/20/executive-order-protecting-the-federal-workforce-and-requiring-mask-wearing/

Quote:
Sec. 2. Immediate Action Regarding Federal Employees, Contractors, Buildings, and Lands. (a) The heads of executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall immediately take action, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, to require compliance with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures by: on-duty or on-site Federal employees; on-site Federal contractors; and all persons in Federal buildings or on Federal lands.

So imagine my shock and awe at Biden at the Lincoln memorial just hours after signing that:

https://media13.s-nbcnews.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Video/202101/nbc_biden_night_speech_210120_1920x1080.jpg

And there's pics of his family completely ignoring the new order, too.

Further, remember all the grief Kayleigh McEnany got for not wearing a mask in press conferences?

Well....

https://bostonglobe-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com/resizer/Nd6tI_Dg4_BBJwkkG07_BpDc2cI=/1440x0/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/bostonglobe/ERBL3CX6HVBLKXHSNIF5OI3D6Q.jpg

I bet CNN are going after them both for their blatant rule breaking, right? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump has opened an "Office of the Former President of the US".

You've got to admit, he is the supreme troll Laughing
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Mar a Lago has a SCIF too, who's the shadow government now?
More people watched Trump leaving than fake president Bidang's inauguration Laughing , Youtube are still keeping the dislikes below 1000 for his videos, and comments are still disabled.
Still no stimulus cheque for Mentalboy and I heard his gas has gone up by 70c a gallon already.
Any idea why the lights have been off at the White House for 5 days?
Let's see, no military jet, no salute, no General in attendance at the inauguration, still no intelligence briefings, told not to visit the Pentagon and the cult witch is denied access to the naval base housing the VP residence.

Nurse! He's not taking his medication again!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
@Islander:

Leaving Trump aside (c'mon man, you can do it!), since he's gone now, what do you think Biden will achieve in his term, and what leads you to believe whatever it is you come up with? What precedents from Biden, in his nearly 50 years in politics, can you give for your expectations?

Improve the US COVID response for a start.
Improved relief packages for the hardest hit.
Revoke some of he-who-must-not-be-named's more damaging policies (WHO and Paris Accord participation for a start).
Gun control would be good but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Reversing some of the EPA changes that he-who-must-be-named put in place to effectively hobble them.
Cancelling the Keystone pipeline.
Economic planning of course - we'll have to wait to see what that's going to be.

He's been a competent, decent and pretty straightforward politician over his career. I've no reason to doubt that he'll do the best he can for the US and its people.

I didn't mention he-who-must-not-be-named once - aren't you proud of me? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

That's interesting. How do you think the US should meet its energy requirements?
Also, why don't you think Biden will do anything about gun control?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

He's been a competent, decent and pretty straightforward politician over his career.

What challenges has he faced and dealt with successfully? (not including his current election as president of course - everyone knows he was the candidate pretty much by default; 'best' of a bad bunch).

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Economic planning of course - we'll have to wait to see what that's going to be.

If we have to "wait and see", how can you say he will achieve anything worthwhile here? I think while we wait, we ought to knock that one off your list. The US economy was in great shape and improving until covid hit. That's no one's fault...except maybe China's.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

That's interesting. How do you think the US should meet its energy requirements?

It should be moving towards renewables of course.

I'd like to think he could but the NRA are ridiculously powerful - maybe he could pull some of their teeth.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

He's been a competent, decent and pretty straightforward politician over his career.

What challenges has he faced and dealt with successfully? (not including his current election as president of course - everyone knows he was the candidate pretty much by default; 'best' of a bad bunch).

Here:

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-achieved-40-years-politics-1541278

I've avoided linking the Democratic party article. Just because. Razz

Quite a successful career really.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Went from saying he had a covid plan to saying nothing can alter its course, meanwhile the WHO and democrats rewrite the rules to make things look better already.
Backtracked on the $2000 austerity payments by subtracting the original $600, and still hasn't paid a cent.
Signed back up to the crippling Paris accord which China gets to ignore.
Cancelled the Keystone pipeline and thousands of jobs so his buddy Bloomberg can continue making $1.5 billion a year moving the oil by rail.
Wizard economist has fuel prices soaring and agricultural prices tanking, job losses in the tens of thousands within a week.
etc. etc.
Talk about having a blue pill wedged in every orifice. Laughing

Blah blah conspiracy theorist mithering...

Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

If we have to "wait and see", how can you say he will achieve anything worthwhile here? I think while we wait, we ought to knock that one off your list. The US economy was in great shape and improving until covid hit. That's no one's fault...except maybe China's.

Nah. Wait and see. Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

It should be moving towards renewables of course.

The world is moving towards renewables, but you have to be realistic about it. It's no good scrapping current energy sources before you can replace them. and there are still huge problems to surmount effectively, not least energy storage.

Quote:
I'd like to think he could but the NRA are ridiculously powerful - maybe he could pull some of their teeth.

There is actually a bill doing the rounds, or at least proposed, that will add some quite stringent new conditions to gun sales and ownership. But in a nation where that is an accepted thing, it's not so much proposing stuff as enforcing it that will be the problem. Remember the massive surge in gun purchases in the run up to the election because of the rise in mostly city violence? That wasn't just NRA members and supporters, but was from people on all sides of the political divide.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Here:

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-achieved-40-years-politics-1541278

I've avoided linking the Democratic party article. Just because. Razz

Quite a successful career really.

That's disappointing. I thought you might have already known of what he'd done instead of scratching around the internet for something on being asked. You know I don't read other people's links when it comes to news and politics. Given that you wanted Biden in office before he actually got elected, I had hoped you knew why you did.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 3 of 35