Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 21 Jan 2021    Post subject: American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition Reply with quote

With the inauguration the old Presidential Election thread seems a bit redundant but as ppl seem to like laughing at commenting on our Transatlantic cousins maybe it's time for a new thread?

Bless 'im, Old Joe is working feverishly right out the gate and CNN has gone in to full cock-sucking mode:

Biden targets Trump's legacy with first-day executive actions

It's all pretty tame stuff but this:

Quote:
Requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives

So if you have a State jam-packed with illegals you get more bods in Congress? Okay, but as they're illegals they don't vote. Sounds like the old trick of Rotten Boroughs and a natural extension of gerrymandering that both the Democrats and Republicans are so fond of Thinking

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 21 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dems are going to make sure the gop never have enough voters to get elected again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 21 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBF Trump did the same thing - he got quite lucky with the Supreme Court appointments.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaand, the Woke States of America is reality! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:51 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, everything's just peachy...

At least 8 arrested in Portland as demonstrators vandalize federal ICE building, Democratic Party state headquarters

The article has been carefully sanitised - they're just generic "protestors" now - although I feel CNN are laying the groundwork to label them "anarchists" in the future.

Meanwhile Kindly Uncle Joe is getting on with more important things:

Biden wants to remove this controversial word from US laws

There will no longer be any "Illegal Aliens" jumping the border and working less than minimum wage. Henceforth they shall be referred to as "Noncitizens" Neutral

Maybe Joe thought there'd be some confusion when he introduces our new overlords from Tau Ceti Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Noncitizen" will quickly be regarded as offensive too. I'm already offended by the lack of a hyphen.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:49 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
"Noncitizen" will quickly be regarded as offensive too. I'm already offended by the lack of a hyphen.

Can I be the first to use the word "Nonc"?

"Hello control, we got us 15 weback Noncs approaching the border, please dispatch air support."

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Jesus wept, the worlds gone mad.

We will cure everything by making people use different words for the same thing. Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stuff's all crashingly boring foilhattery if you ask me.

Only in America....

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:11 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We're getting the language into its final shape--the shape it's going to have when nobody speaks anything else. When we've finished with it, people like you will have to learn it all over again. You think, I dare say, that our chief job is inventing new words. But not a bit of it! We're destroying words--scores of them, hundreds of them, every day. We're cutting the language down to the bone.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The article has been carefully sanitised - they're just generic "protestors" now - although I feel CNN are laying the groundwork to label them "anarchists" in the future.

The correct term is "Anti-Anti-Fa"

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 22 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

The correct term is "Anti-Anti-Fa"

AFAIK these are the same "protestors" that before the elections were proudly labelled BLM but now (as there's no political capital in it) the moniker has been dropped.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tale of two impeachments:

[Trump's] Impeachment complicates Biden's efforts to unify

tl;dr While everyone else went to great pains to shut down the Orange Menace the Dems are going on a foot-shooting exercise.

Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Joe Biden

And again, a complete waste of time Rolling Eyes If there's any conspiracy floating around Washington it's just an agenda of making so-called American Democracy look as petty as possible.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The slate of executive orders included a directive that required federal community health centers to pass the significant discounts they received from pharmaceutical companies on insulin and EpiPens directly to patients.

Not “Big Pharma” then.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn’t Obamacare supposed to provide health services to those who could least afford it? Trump took that away yet this epipen matter is supposed to make him the great benefactor?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Wasn’t Obamacare supposed to provide health services to those who could least afford it? Trump took that away

That's an interesting take.

What he actually did was stop working class people being fined for not taking out medical insurance, and then stopped paying millions of dollars to insurance companies as an incentive to be part of the scheme when it was clear that insurers were making record profits and still driving up prices.

The ACA is pretty messy and flawed from the outset; it relied essentially upon forced compliance of working / middle class families to prop up the pot for the non working / lifetime sicknotes that were going to use their plan more, for obvious reasons, and for insurers to just suck it up and not try to capitalise (yeah, righto).

The AHCA ie Trumpcare was actually a better proposition which worked with what ACA had started but was likely to create less issues than ACA Obamacare - but that doesn't fit the narrative of Orange Man Bad.

It's amazing how many people think Obamacare was essentially NHS and think Trump is a monster because of it. Not saying you do, I'm jut highlighting how it's sold versus the reality.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=“arry”]The ACA is pretty messy and flawed from the outset[/quote]

Probably so, but it was a first attempt to do something about their system of healthcare and would need work. So Trump slagged it yet did build on it? OK.

I don’t think “Trumpcare” ever became law.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Probably so, but it was a first attempt to do something about their system of healthcare and would need work. So Trump slagged it yet did build on it? OK.

I don’t think “Trumpcare” ever became law.

Trumpcare didn't pass, no. There's a few variations still being discussed.

I had no idea how unpopular Obamacare was until I met some actual Americans - one of whom was a surgeon - and there were not very many positive words being used.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Obama needs impeaching a few times over, funding Al Qaeda for starters.
Meanwhile the fake news indulge an apoplexy of obsequiousness for dear leader fake president Bidang, who has opened the borders to hordes of illegals (now 'noncitizens'), is signing anything that's put in front of him, and is getting ratio'd so badly on social media, Youtube has to remove 10k dislikes every few hours and the White House has disabled comments.
Oh, and he's nuzzling the neck of big pharma the way he does with little children.

https://nationalfile.com/biden-scraps-trumps-executive-order-lowering-prices-of-insulin-epipen-for-impoverished-americans/

Yet another far right conspiracy and pseudoscience site. Rolling Eyes

You're hopeless at presenting rational arguments - oh wait, you're not actually rational yourself are you? Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's enough "meat" to be had reading between the lines of the sanitised stories of the MSM without recourse the made up stuff. That being said Tim Pool relayed an interesting anecdote recently...

He fell ill between jobs and was invoiced by the hospital for ~$25,000. Querying how two nights + a prescription came to so much the reply was "Don't worry, just pass it on to your insurers." But I don't have insurance, he replied. "Oh... we'll send you a revised invoice." which came to ~$3000 Shocked

From what I've heard it's much the same setup as mechanics' dual pricing for insurance vs. non-insurance work. Artificially inflated and then the insurance ppl have to negotiate the price down.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

You're hopeless at presenting rational arguments - oh wait, you're not actually rational yourself are you? Laughing

I'm still waiting for you (or anyone else for that matter) to present a rational argument as to why Biden and the Democrats are a good choice to run a country, apart from "he's a very nice man" * Laughing

*which I disagree with anyway.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:27 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I'm still waiting for you (or anyone else for that matter) to present a rational argument as to why Biden and the Democrats are a good choice to run a country, apart from "he's a very nice man" * Laughing

*which I disagree with anyway.

Broadly speaking the democrats are pro gun control and pro choice?

Fuck knows America could use fewer unwanted kids and fewer guns.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
There's enough "meat" to be had reading between the lines of the sanitised stories of the MSM without recourse the made up stuff. That being said Tim Pool relayed an interesting anecdote recently...

He fell ill between jobs and was invoiced by the hospital for ~$25,000. Querying how two nights + a prescription came to so much the reply was "Don't worry, just pass it on to your insurers." But I don't have insurance, he replied. "Oh... we'll send you a revised invoice." which came to ~$3000 Shocked

From what I've heard it's much the same setup as mechanics' dual pricing for insurance vs. non-insurance work. Artificially inflated and then the insurance ppl have to negotiate the price down.

Two nights in hospital? At least he got his money's worth, two hours in A&E with a cramp at two in the morning, and a script for elephant dropping muscle relaxants and the bill I was presented with came to $24K - with my 800 bucks a month insurance premium I only had to pay $2400 as my share... Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I can't afford to be uninsured, which is odd because I can't actually afford to use my insurance. It's nothing more than a ripoff scheme. Healthcare standards seem no better, if not worse, than the NHS.
My ex-mother-in-law fell and broke her hip last week and was given a hip replacement the next day, my US rellies are gobsmacked that it would be done so quickly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35