Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I'm still waiting for you (or anyone else for that matter) to present a rational argument as to why Biden and the Democrats are a good choice to run a country, apart from "he's a very nice man" * Laughing

*which I disagree with anyway.

Broadly speaking the democrats are pro gun control and pro choice?

Fuck knows America could use fewer unwanted kids and fewer guns.

If they thought about it, the one problem could eliminate the other Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:08 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

Pro choice, that's the polite term for slaughtering unborn innocents right?

Anyone remember when the two investigative journalists exposed Planned Parenthood for selling aborted baby parts (a federal crime) and cult witch Kamala prosecuted them and let PP off?

Depends on your perspective. My perspective would be that the woman has the right to decide what happens to her body and if she doesn't want to grow a baby inside it, who the hell am I to try to force her to?.

I also couldn't really give a damn what happens to unwanted body parts after they have been removed. Presumably they were usually going in a yellow bag along with the swabs, syringes, surgeons gloves and used mopheads from the operating theater prior to incineration.

Anyway, I wouldn't have had you down as religious but that whole post seemed very religiously charged. You'll get drummed out of the conspiracy theory society if they find out you're a god botherer.

Say it ain't so Rebel!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:09 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's interesting. He must have deleted that post while I was busy replying to it.

the whole thing went like this:

Rebel wrote:
Islander's sphincter induced hypoxia hasn't cleared up I see, he's refuting verifiable facts again. A bit like Plato's cave, but darker and smellier.

Pro choice, that's the polite term for slaughtering unborn innocents right?

Anyone remember when the two investigative journalists exposed Planned Parenthood for selling aborted baby parts (a federal crime) and cult witch Kamala prosecuted them and let PP off?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really doesn't like me pointing out that his sources are, shall we say, untrustworthy. Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Depends on your perspective. My perspective would be that the woman has the right to decide what happens to her body and if she doesn't want to grow a baby inside it, who the hell am I to try to force her to?.

My perspective changed quite remarkably on this over the course of the last few years actually. Again, another Trump policy that caused outrage. The 'heartbeat' laws.

I've researched and found left leaning / democrat voting women that are quite literally saying that abortion up until birth is no bother and that babies are parasites on their body. I mean, WTAF.

I had always traditionally been on the 'it ain't a baby til it looks like one' side. But getting through the biology of it, it's a baby a lot earlier than most assume.

I also used to take the same line as you that 'women's choice' was the answer but I'm not so sure on that either. If the baby popped out and in that moment the woman said 'oh wait, actually I've changed my mind' and got it injected with a lethal substance, would you be all cool with that because it's her choice?

It's a tough conversation with no right answer. Jordan Peterson once quoted Leonard Cohen, and I think it's the best and most reasoned argument I've ever seen; 'in a massacre there's no decent place to stand'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5k9EDgY8UM

Frankly, any mentalist that takes the view that it's their body and whatever they'll do what they want, despite the abundance of birth control options, and takes the action that they'll take as lightly as some seem to, is a psychopath, in my opinion.

The fact it's a political weapon, to my mind, is abhorrent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Well put ^^^

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:11 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be easier to justify legislating if it wasn't for the fact that carrying and giving birth to a baby can cause harm to the mother. Even death.

I'm not a woman but the thought of carrying and giving birth to a child would give me the heebie-jeebies.

Admittedly the chances of dying are low these days. 0.007%. This increases fivefold in the case of caesarian.

You have a 1 in 1,000 chance of suffering postpartum psychosis leading to you being voloutarily or involuntarily sectioned.

Not to mention what it does to their fanny.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conspiracy theorists believe things are being pushed towards an acceptance of postnatal abortion as the research scientists will have more... materials to work with Shocked

Bear in mind even the NHS has being caught out stealing body parts from cot-death babes Sad

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:00 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Dead bodies are dead and past caring.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Meh. Dead bodies are dead and past caring.

True but it's the same as the suspicion around Donor Cards: are doctors going to be quite so enthusiastic to save someone's life if they know they can go on a harvesting spree if they fail? I'm not implying that's how doctors think just what the nutters come out with. It follows from that "logic" that health professionals aren't going to push back against a third trimester abortion if there are "fringe benefits."

There's a growing suspicion in the US that not only has the medical profession been corrupted by big Pharma money but now ideology is creeping in. Apparently doctors have been told* to agree with the patient and reinforce self-diagnosis when it comes to anything close to gender dysmorphia. And over there the abortion debate is dominated by dogma far beyond any medical needs.

*Who the people are that can make such pronouncements I've not got to the bottom of but such is the nature of conspiracies, light on pertinent details.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biden: rule by executive order. That makes him more of an emperor or king than a president, doesn't it?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Frankly, any mentalist that takes the view that it's their body and whatever they'll do what they want, despite the abundance of birth control options, and takes the action that they'll take as lightly as some seem to, is a psychopath, in my opinion.

The fact it's a political weapon, to my mind, is abhorrent.

Your comment read well (not that I necessarily agree with it) until this bit. There are miriad reasons why pregnancy occurs, (stop sniggering at the back) not all of them the woman's fault or responsibility.

Birth control (none of which is 100% effective) may not be used because of violence, coercion, abuse, poverty, religion, deceit by the partner, geography or effect on health.

sometimes babies are conceived that will never have a viable life or a severely impaired or short, painful life due to genetics, substance abuse or injury during pregnancy.

So the argument that there should be no unwanted pregnancies, ever, is naive and if I may say, blokeishly misguided.

There are many reasons why a pregnancy might be terminated, each one deep!y personal and rarely easy.

However, you are right when you say it should not be a political issue. Trouble is there are many vested interest groups, moral warriors and religious nuts who think a woman's body is public property. Bollocks to them I say Middle Finger

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

So the argument that there should be no unwanted pregnancies, ever, is naive and if I may say, blokeishly misguided.

There are many reasons why a pregnancy might be terminated, each one deep!y personal and rarely easy.

I think you might be reading into that one a bit far.

I'm not suggesting that all women that have abortions are stupid, should have done more to stop getting pregnant in the first place and take the abortion as lightly as going to the hairdressers.

The comment was aimed more specifically at the group I'd already mentioned in the first part of my post.

What I am saying is that there are a hardcore element of the leftie progressives that genuinely hold and will openly voice the express opinion that the baby inside of them is nothing more than a parasite that needs cutting out, and will make that decision so easily without a care in the world as to the life that they've ended.

So, sure, there's a lot of reasons for women to fall pregnant unexpectedly, and there's a lot of reasons why an abortion might be a decision they ultimately rest upon, and a lot of those women will have wrestled with the intense personal emotions to arrive there. These are not the people I was referring to.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

I have always believed that it is a woman's choice and still do but a vicar, during a philosophical discussion about many things once said to me 'what is the difference with killing a baby in the womb or waiting till it's born and killing it then? It's still a life.

I didn't have an answer and still don't, unless you label the point of birth as the beginning of life which is patently ridiculous.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I have always believed that it is a woman's choice and still do but a vicar, during a philosophical discussion about many things once said to me 'what is the difference with killing a baby in the womb or waiting till it's born and killing it then? It's still a life.

I didn't have an answer and still don't, unless you label the point of birth as the beginning of life which is patently ridiculous.

I remember watching a Crowder 'Change My Mind' where a lady sat down saying that she supported full term abortion whereas Crowder was laying out his argument that conception was the only realistic / reliable point at which he could draw the line.

She said well if it's then, then why not at the point of ejaculation?

He replied 'because if it was then, every time I masturbate I'd be committing mass genocide' Laughing Laughing

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
'in a massacre there's no decent place to stand'.

Behind the rifle is generally considered the best spot Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:13 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
arry wrote:
'in a massacre there's no decent place to stand'.

Behind the rifle is generally considered the best spot Laughing

...and exchange immediate injury for long term PTSD? I think that was the point being made.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, "massacre" suggests mass death, not injury.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
...and exchange immediate injury for long term PTSD? I think that was the point being made.

Face down and covered in quick lime is kind of game over. I'd rather the PTSD.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Biden: rule by executive order. That makes him more of an emperor or king than a president, doesn't it?

And when Trump did the same (and he did it a lot)? Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

And when Trump did the same (and he did it a lot)? Razz

How many did he sign in his first five days in office?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:36 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, executive orders bypass the senate. The Democrats control the senate.

They can be challeged in court for being against the constitution which repeatedly happened to trump.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:36 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

In crayon.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN toted up the numbers for various presidents. Trump did a fair few but it was within the same ball park as Obama, Clinton & Bush.

Just remember the mantra of the Left: it's okay if we do it...

https://youtu.be/p1kUN0MyMHw

I've been getting a slight hint of cynicism from PJW lately Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35