Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Biden's the laughing stock of the G7. Either Trudeau or Macron (probably both) said he'll be out in less than a year. Then we have President Harris who has so far proved to be utterly incompetent.

She does smile a lot when she's lying which makes interpreting speeches and comments easier.

Really? After Trump?

Yes. It's quite an achievement, isn't it?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

They forget that Joe Slow is only two or three years older than The Muppet he replaced.

I liked The Muppet. I enjoy watching snowflakes melt. Would vote for The Muppet over Joe Twat. But find me someone better. 330 million people, and these two are the best they can come up with? Sad

This is the bottom line in world politics.

It means that a Russian dictator is the smartest mobster in town now.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Biden's the laughing stock of the G7. Either Trudeau or Macron (probably both) said he'll be out in less than a year. Then we have President Harris who has so far proved to be utterly incompetent.

She does smile a lot when she's lying which makes interpreting speeches and comments easier.

Really? After Trump?

I think the quote (from unnamed aid, naturally) was "...at least Trump was attentive." It's not just fluffing speeches and wandering through the wrong restaurant there's dismay that his attention span is very short and then he starts getting angry Sad

The US hasn't had a lot of luck with Presidents for last few... decades Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the old adage, "you get the government you deserve" is true, Americans must have been very naughty indeed!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 26 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phAk-3CB6vI

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 26 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

i feel like i went to sleep about a year ago and woke up in the twilight zone. and it just keeps getting weirder. Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 27 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

Maybe it's just the lighting but it looks like he's high as a kite Thinking

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what we can discern is the US left are massive Warhammer 40K fans and are LARPing hard by installing a barely living corpse on the throne.

I for one welcome our new Chinese Overlords.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:16 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Well what we can discern is the US left are massive Warhammer 40K fans and are LARPing hard by installing a barely living corpse on the throne.

I for one welcome our new Chinese Overlords.

Meh, at the moment the Chinese couldn't organise a piss up in a container port, let alone ship stuff from there/achieve global domination. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The history of China is peppered with bureaucracy overtaking governance. The Han Empire being taken over by eunuchs probably being the lowest point.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 10 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gets worse every day Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0dqFM6nzRw

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is actually 'running' America now? Obviously it ain't Sleepy Joe. I don't think it's Kamala Harris either, nor do I think she will if she replaces Biden in the presidency. It seems to me that the position of President is now just a hollow, what, 'front'? I don't think you could even call it a figurehead. I don't think that post represents anything anymore, other than a veil for where the real power is at.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F1p_mlnvWo

GOP lawmaker ramps up call for Biden to take a cognitive test

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
So who is actually 'running' America now? Obviously it ain't Sleepy Joe. I don't think it's Kamala Harris either, nor do I think she will if she replaces Biden in the presidency. It seems to me that the position of President is now just a hollow, what, 'front'? I don't think you could even call it a figurehead. I don't think that post represents anything anymore, other than a veil for where the real power is at.

Given "The Whitehouse Administration" is openly quoted as being separate and above POTUS, e.g. "The Whitehouse disavowed the President's earlier comments..." the main bets are on a shadow team from either the Clintons or Obama.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Given "The Whitehouse Administration" is openly quoted as being separate and above POTUS, e.g. "The Whitehouse disavowed the President's earlier comments..." the main bets are on a shadow team from either the Clintons or Obama.

How much influence do you think the Big Tech oligarchs have?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, the 'ousted', 'hated' and 'disrespected' former President gets a standing ovation when attending the latest UFC fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQzMeE3hHvw

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
How much influence do you think the Big Tech oligarchs have?

You'd be better off asking how much influence POTUS has over tech, they're way above his pay grade in terms of money & power.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:43 - 13 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/white-house-faces-criticism-over-hunter-biden-s-art-sale-116661829898

Meanwhile, ol' Hunter has laid off the crack pipe and taken to painting Laughing

Sure, sure, his paintings are excellent, and totally worth more than established and revered artists. I'm sure there's nothing underneath this, at all.

Especially since he doesn't know who is buying his art - he couldn't possibly be peddling influence, could he Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 13 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Democrats flee state to block Republican voting law

Hang on, you're telling me these people scoffing at the concept of Democracy are called... Democrats?! Yes, the Americans never really grasped irony.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zB9Y-teH8

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuAlH4gGvcQ

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:01 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zB9Y-teH8

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

On Tucker Carlson, his vids are often recommended to me by YouTube (probably as I watch Sky News Australia) but I tried typing his name into the search box the other day and you have to scroll way, waaaaaay down the list to find anything from Fox News - mostly you'd get CNN hit pieces - blatantly rigged results, a lot of it about across the pond Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death by a thousand edicts:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-eviction-declaration.html

Quote:
CDC is issuing a new order temporarily halting evictions in counties with heightened levels of community transmission in order to respond to recent, unexpected developments in the trajectory of the COVID-19 pandemic, including the rise of the Delta variant. It is intended to target specific areas of the country where cases are rapidly increasing, which likely would be exacerbated by mass evictions.

It sounds noble - one wouldn't want to see the plebs thrown out on the street - but the CDC?! An arm of the government with appointed (not elected) officials now has the power to issue edicts to suspend property rights?!?!?!

Obviously if you delve into the document there are a load of caveats (basically you need to be poor and out of work due to Covid) but it seems to presage a repeat of the sub-prime mortgage collapse of 2008 Shocked

Section 361 seems a bit of a stretch though:

https://www.hhs.gov/answers/public-health-and-safety/who-has-the-authority-to-enforce-isolation-and-quarantine/index.html

The intent of the law was to stop the transmission and transportation of contagion - stomping on the vectors - not helping ppl out who can't make rent Sad

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americans: Why are the Chinese leadership so much better?

Thinking Thinking Thinking

Chinese leadership are mostly engineers

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:35 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Death by a thousand edicts:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-eviction-declaration.html

Quote:
CDC is issuing a new order temporarily halting evictions in counties with heightened levels of community transmission in order to respond to recent, unexpected developments in the trajectory of the COVID-19 pandemic, including the rise of the Delta variant. It is intended to target specific areas of the country where cases are rapidly increasing, which likely would be exacerbated by mass evictions.

It sounds noble - one wouldn't want to see the plebs thrown out on the street - but the CDC?! An arm of the government with appointed (not elected) officials now has the power to issue edicts to suspend property rights?!?!?!

Obviously if you delve into the document there are a load of caveats (basically you need to be poor and out of work due to Covid) but it seems to presage a repeat of the sub-prime mortgage collapse of 2008 Shocked

Section 361 seems a bit of a stretch though:

https://www.hhs.gov/answers/public-health-and-safety/who-has-the-authority-to-enforce-isolation-and-quarantine/index.html

The intent of the law was to stop the transmission and transportation of contagion - stomping on the vectors - not helping ppl out who can't make rent Sad

An extension of the previous arrangement was not possible because the Supreme Court did not allow an extension. Using the CDC was merely creative thinking to get around the Court's decision.
Whatever happens there is going to be a problem, a couple of months back I was reading an article about the ticking timebomb that is rent arrears, in one state (I think it was Maine but can't find the article) a figure in excess of 70% of renters were deemed to be in arrears. I think the current national figure for rent arrears is something along the lines of 5 million households.
The thinking is that if you dump 5 million households on the streets in one go it is tricky to control a pandemic. That thinking is all very well but it is only the Federal government that appears to be trying to get a handle on the pandemic. Individual states decide how much or how little they are going to do to stop the spread and at the moment making money tops public restrictions.

As for a sub prime repeat, I'd be more concerned that the equity markets are buying up housing stock at quite a rate - it's all very well for stockholders that rents are pushed high, maintenance ignored and first time buyers struggle to get onto the ladder.
I was in a corporate rented house for a few years a while back and while it sported a nice coat of paint on the exterior the agent didn't seem at all bothered that the concrete pad the house sat on was breaking up and had noticeably sunk in just the two years we were there - mother in law remembered when the area was a bloody great rubbish dump!!! They just didn't want to maintain property properly which just leads to bigger bills the longer you push back problems.
Anyhow, the more domestic property that is acquired by Wall Street the more likely a mass eviction is to upset the markets - which is one reason for protecting renters. It shouldn't be forgotten that the Federal government has made billions available for rent but because states are not geared up for social programs of that scale getting monies to landlords has been slow. Protecting capital takes priority over people so while it may seem that landlords are getting the shitty end of the stick you can rest assured that, as a group, they will be fine. Turfing tenants out results in empty property that gets no rent from either the tenant or the government.

Personally speaking, I'd rather see my tax dollars being spent elsewhere.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 236 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 18 of 35