Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can simplify it further than just Utopianism...

Do the ends justify the means?

That line of thinking got ppl murdered in the hundreds of millions throughout the 20th Century Sad

Take Insult Britain. The "ends" are insulating homes. Great! A noble aim no one could really argue against even if you're a Climate Change denier, you'd save money in the long run regardless of your beliefs.

The "means" - holding the plebs hostage, mostly stopping ppl getting to work but up to and including murder. This is by admission of the protesters themselves. Thankfully no one's physically died yet but plenty have been maimed and had their lives destroyed in the psychological sense. "It's just the price we are willing to pay!" they say with absolutely zero self-awareness.

Hey, guys, here's an idea: why not start a charity raising money so poor people can get subsidised loft insulation?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good intentions coupled with bad ideas. There's a lot of it about.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Take Insult Britain. The "ends" are insulating homes. Great! A noble aim no one could really argue against even if you're a Climate Change denier, you'd save money in the long run regardless of your beliefs.

The "means" - holding the plebs hostage, mostly stopping ppl getting to work but up to and including murder. This is by admission of the protesters themselves. Thankfully no one's physically died yet but plenty have been maimed and had their lives destroyed in the psychological sense. "It's just the price we are willing to pay!" they say with absolutely zero self-awareness.

Hey, guys, here's an idea: why not start a charity raising money so poor people can get subsidised loft insulation?

As per usual, it's not about the outcome it's just another battle for them to fight, making themselves feel like they have a cause in life. The fight isn't to gain insulation, it's to tear down the establishment.

If environmentalism wasn't ostensibly the antithesis of capitalism, you'd not find people glueing themselves to roads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

If environmentalism wasn't ostensibly the antithesis of capitalism, you'd not find people glueing themselves to roads.

Glue sales are up! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

As per usual, it's not about the outcome it's just another battle for them to fight, making themselves feel like they have a cause in life. The fight isn't to gain insulation, it's to tear down the establishment.

This idea of capitalism being the cause of climate woes seems to have a lot of traction in the US perhaps they should see how the Chinese and Russians deal with environmental concerns.

I suspect they would struggle to even define capitalism except as something which must somehow be bad because that's what they have been brainwashed to believe.

You're a capitalist if you put money in a bond, pension scheme or savings account as your money is being used around the world as business capital thus employing people and lifting them out of poverty - how shocking is that and clearly something we ought to be blocked from doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove state backed student loans and put a vast tax surcharge on all non STEM degrees (including sociology), encourage stem only colleges, send in the national guard with unlimited pardons and much of the issue will melt away in a decade or two.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 27 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

This is what I don't understand about so-called "progressives". What are you progressing towards?

Have you considered progress is as much about leaving the horrors of the past behind as some kind of neive utopianism? And whats so wrong with a sense of future and aspiring to achieve a vision? Its long been understood that fantasy is an important part of achieving an end. Disparaging progressive ideas just comes across as grumpy old man brain fart whinging. Far better to have some aspiration to get somewhere rather than just regress. If you cannot develop some ideas of what to aspire to, move towards, to create as a development on the past then thats rather a sad indictment of your capacities. And where does the regression your philosophy infers get us? Victorian slums? How about giving up on democracy and just go back to medieval feudalism?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 27 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Remove state backed student loans and put a vast tax surcharge on all non STEM degrees (including sociology), encourage stem only colleges, send in the national guard with unlimited pardons and much of the issue will melt away in a decade or two.

You would live this lot https://images.app.goo.gl/31pLpxBZVkvWbsqcA

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 27 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Its long been understood that fantasy is an important part of achieving an end.

At least you admit you're living in fantasy land. People have been trying to tell lefties that for decades.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 27 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
Its long been understood that fantasy is an important part of achieving an end.

At least you admit you're living in fantasy land. People have been trying to tell lefties that for decades.

Very clever but a poor response.

Mysteriass
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 27 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

This is what I don't understand about so-called "progressives". What are you progressing towards?

Have you considered progress is as much about leaving the horrors of the past behind as some kind of neive utopianism? And whats so wrong with a sense of future and aspiring to achieve a vision? Its long been understood that fantasy is an important part of achieving an end. Disparaging progressive ideas just comes across as grumpy old man brain fart whinging. Far better to have some aspiration to get somewhere rather than just regress. If you cannot develop some ideas of what to aspire to, move towards, to create as a development on the past then thats rather a sad indictment of your capacities. And where does the regression your philosophy infers get us? Victorian slums? How about giving up on democracy and just go back to medieval feudalism?

Really depends what you call "progress".

In my naive younger days I thought that "We" (The Royal 'We') would naturally develop into something like Star Trek : Next Generation.

"Captain, I had an itch on my toe last night, I reported it to the night shift. The entire scientific complement performed every sensor scan known to a hundred different species to figure out what made my toe itch. Turns out it was a spacial anomaly that travelled through the ship. Several thousand of our best scientists are now researching the phenomenon."

When you don't have to worry about paying inane bills, you can finally take that itchy toe seriously. Think about that itch. Research that itch. Develop technology to analyse that itch. Because that's what 'We' do. 'We' want to understand the nature of the universe right down to why a toe itched. Right? Why not? So I thought.

Now, as an experiencer of the current regime, when I think of "progress", I've become a little more cynical.

Seems that this is what 'They' (The Royal 'They') call progress now -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vHegf3WPU

And while they're busy running this demoralisation campaign against us I think we're all made to forget those dreams about what "progress" is and should be. Because instead of dreams and tearful awe contemplating the wonders we're truly capable of as a people... we see absolute degenerate twisted shit like that and just want to nuke the planet from orbit, just to be sure.

If 'They' are pushing that on kids then don't ever for a minute think we're not under attack as a people.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 27 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysteriass wrote:

Really depends what you call "progress".

In my naive younger days I thought that "We" (The Royal 'We') would naturally develop into something like Star Trek : Next Generation.

"Captain, I had an itch on my toe last night, I reported it to the night shift. The entire scientific complement performed every sensor scan known to a hundred different species to figure out what made my toe itch. Turns out it was a spacial anomaly that travelled through the ship. Several thousand of our best scientists are now researching the phenomenon."

When you don't have to worry about paying inane bills, you can finally take that itchy toe seriously. Think about that itch. Research that itch. Develop technology to analyse that itch. Because that's what 'We' do. 'We' want to understand the nature of the universe right down to why a toe itched. Right? Why not? So I thought.

Now, as an experiencer of the current regime, when I think of "progress", I've become a little more cynical.

Seems that this is what 'They' (The Royal 'They') call progress now -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vHegf3WPU

And while they're busy running this demoralisation campaign against us I think we're all made to forget those dreams about what "progress" is and should be. Because instead of dreams and tearful awe contemplating the wonders we're truly capable of as a people... we see absolute degenerate twisted shit like that and just want to nuke the planet from orbit, just to be sure.

If 'They' are pushing that on kids then don't ever for a minute think we're not under attack as a people.

Calm down, take a deep breath, don't worry nobody is trying to put anything in your bottom. Here watch this and cheer up https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2n-087Mtw

Mysteriass
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:37 - 27 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Calm down, take a deep breath, don't worry nobody is trying to put anything in your bottom. Here watch this and cheer up https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2n-087Mtw

You just know that made every old creaky joint in my body have a panic attack.

Besides, it's when the government are trying to put things in kids bottoms that we've got a problem. That's the line in the sand and if it's not drawn there then the war is already lost.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fall of Rome:

https://youtu.be/ffmhcph_oPs

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brvu4BK4kZs

Joeey Baaby.

It's a bit of annoying video but cutting to the chase:
1) He keeps banging on about how many miles he's done on AMTRAK.
2) He's repeating the same story about how he knows how many miles he's done on it, at least 6 times, but each time with different numbers.
3) At any of his random number generation, the number of miles he's travelled is woefully short of his claimed total.
4) The story timeline is so inconsistent that it has decade long holes in it, between his mother dying in 2010 and the guy that apparently told him how many miles he'd done whilst on the train having retired in the early 1990's Laughing

Can you imagine what would be said if Trump just made up stuff like that and was caught out on all of the details?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if the story had a point. Hardly up there with "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Neutral

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lie gets round the world before the truth gets its boots on...

Forbes: Lincoln Project Says It Planted White Supremacist Impersonators At Event For Virginia Republican Candidate

It seems this admission is only down to Internet sleuthing and they would have just let the lie run till they were found out. Demand for racism is certainly outstripping supply!

Another example of "the ends justify the means" immorality of the Democrats Sad

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biden's rally disaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUupTMljhyA

(only 800 show and a "We love Trump" chant starts)

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A lie gets round the world before the truth gets its boots on...

Forbes: Lincoln Project Says It Planted White Supremacist Impersonators At Event For Virginia Republican Candidate

It seems this admission is only down to Internet sleuthing and they would have just let the lie run till they were found out. Demand for racism is certainly outstripping supply!

Another example of "the ends justify the means" immorality of the Democrats Sad

I wonder how many of the xtinction rebellion lot ate actually coppers?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqn6M3Pz5o

Childish AF, but still funny Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:31 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And back to the thread title:

Joe Biden caught 'falling asleep' during Cop26 speeches 'Camera had to pan quickly!'
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Can't hang the guy out for that, personally. I mean listen to the droning on in the background.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
#poopypantsbiden was trending last night on Twatter.

Not sure what that was about.

It's more polite to refer to them as "toilet incidents" Wink

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleepy Joe rides again:

https://twitter.com/HananyaNaftali/status/1455192803596722184

https://twitter.com/i/status/1455192803596722184
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 175 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 24 of 35