Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 10 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Teleprompter fail much?

1. "End quote" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GGuyk8xyiI

2. "End of Message" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UXaxtXgmQ

Laughing Laughing Laughing

TBF the first is purely taste. Personally I would say "Quote, the cat sat on the mat, end quote" if you really wanted to add some emphasis to something short and pithy but for a long quote I'd go with a pause before switching to something else.

The second doesn't seem to have enough context, it just seems bizarre.

Overall though the man doesn't exude dynamism. Trump had way, way too much. From artisan loaf with seeds that get stuck in your teeth to factory white bread with a hint of mould on the corner Smile

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 13 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ty2G_Qybo

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 13 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ty2G_Qybo

The old phrase "the power behind the throne" needs to be updated to "the power behind the teleprompter" Neutral

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 22 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Christmas address seems different this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ID-HhFyGbc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 23 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
The Christmas address seems different this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ID-HhFyGbc

Lol, I saw the first bit before but I'm glad I let it run on...

BTW wrong lipstick shade for that skin tone Wink

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biden on TV is usually not in the Whitehouse but a fake Whitehouse set across the road.
It's like a metaphor for his entire Presidency. Laughing
Behind him is a fake window with unchanging rose garden scene which if you look closely jiggles about.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-fake-white-house-truman-show-b1934279.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 10 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The White House necromancer must be working overtime.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 10 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Miller wrote:
The reason Biden uses this bizarre virtual set for televised meetings - and not an actual room like East Room, Cabinet, Oval, Roosevelt, Sit Room, etc. - is because it allows him to read a script directly from a face-on monitor.

[The White House] created this bizarre set-up to create illusion that Biden’s running a normal human meeting when he’s actually delivering a scripted text.

Either that or it's Fake President, Fake White House Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a stage set for zombie apocalypse film
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-60006306

This would be shocking if it was a 3rd world shthole.
Oh it is.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Oh it is.

It's the greatest civilisation the world has ever known. Allegedly.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Apologies for the delay due to cardboard on the track."

The plan seems to be:

1) Promise free stuff to the stupid [electorate]
2) Brainwash everyone that voting Democrat = good, Republican = evil by social programming and corrupted education
3) Reduce the infrastructure to rubble and blame everyone else
4) Fane surprise when people leave the city/state
5) Cackle as they move to Red States and continue voting Democrat
6) Begin the cycle again

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Oh it is.

Why is that particular example shocking?
Our utility water has so many chemicals added to it that it would be great as paint stripper. All 1500 kids at our local high school get two free school meals a day and when school is out they are sent home with boxes of food. Mobile reception is hit or miss at the best of times, health insurance is fucking expensive, meth is the drug of choice, attitudes round here are very Victorian ie you're either a Christian with money who doesn't give a fuck or you're a Christian with nothing and nobody gives a shit (and nobody else admits to not being Christian because they'd get run out of town). Dickens would feel right at home.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to trot it out one more time:

Lewis Prothero wrote:
I mean what else can you say? Here was a country that had everything, absolutely everything. And now, 20 years later, is what? The world's biggest leper colony.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

More a Democrat thing than Biden's fault specifically:

Tucker: We’re watching civilization collapse in real time

Obviously there may be viewers of a delicate disposition who can't handle sitting through 5 mins of Tucker Carlson so the gist of it... American cities are falling apart as more money is spent on the homeless than anything else. End result? More homeless ppl Rolling Eyes

Are things really that bad in the US?

I can only go by Google Street View : I clicked on Los Angeles "hmm, what have I heard of? Let's try Long Beach..." yup, tents on the underpass. "Wait! Skid Row is a real thing?!" oh dear...

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
More a Democrat thing than Biden's fault specifically:

Tucker: We’re watching civilization collapse in real time

Obviously there may be viewers of a delicate disposition who can't handle sitting through 5 mins of Tucker Carlson so the gist of it... American cities are falling apart as more money is spent on the homeless than anything else. End result? More homeless ppl Rolling Eyes

Are things really that bad in the US?

I can only go by Google Street View : I clicked on Los Angeles "hmm, what have I heard of? Let's try Long Beach..." yup, tents on the underpass. "Wait! Skid Row is a real thing?!" oh dear...

They're living in storm drains in Las Vegas and that cant be the result of spending on social services because famously Vegas spends f all on such things.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, Alaska doesn't have this problem...

Homelessness Statistics by State

Yup, less that 2,000 ppl (2020 figures) but California? 160,000 Shocked

Actually it doesn't seem like a particularly Democrat/Republican thing considering both Texas and Florida are pretty bad. It does seem that the more money that's thrown at the problem the worse it gets Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Actually it doesn't seem like a particularly Democrat/Republican thing considering both Texas and Florida are pretty bad. It does seem that the more money that's thrown at the problem the worse it gets Thinking

LA has a problem that people are atracted to it hoping they'll make a life for themselves. Its warm and has industry. Alaska on the other hand has a weather system that takes care of any rough sleepers pretty quickly.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:19 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alaska is fucking cold so all their homeless migrate to Canada or die.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

City of dreams. https://youtu.be/mdKd2CvqV50

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Seriously, I never knew Skid Row was a real place! I just thought it was one of those made up things like Elbonia Laughing

"This is actually much better than it used to be!" Wow...

The contrast of the abject poverty rubbing right up against the wealth. I'm sure London's not so extreme.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 20 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Alaska is fucking cold so all their homeless migrate to Canada or die.

I think they get eaten by Polarbears.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 21 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Seriously, I never knew Skid Row was a real place! I just thought it was one of those made up things like Elbonia Laughing

The contrast of the abject poverty rubbing right up against the wealth. I'm sure London's not so extreme.

Vegas is worse. https://youtu.be/DRrxFX1wfFg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:52 - 21 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Vegas is worse. https://youtu.be/DRrxFX1wfFg

"The heroin ppl don't like the meth ppl..." so it begs the question: if there were no drugs would there be as many homeless ppl? I don't think the "legalise everything" crew would be too keen about this video Thinking That being said criminalising drug use must be a driving factor Sad

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:59 - 21 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

So that is 1:365 homeless in Alaska and 1:246937 homeless in California, doesn't sound so great now,huh?

There are shocking numbers of homeless wherever I've been in the Deep South, doubt if it's any different in the rest of the country. Most of them are probably there because of opiod addiction, mental health issues or bankrupt by the healthcare system.

Odd that you initially called it a Democrat problem. Republicans cut corporation taxes and favour policies that support big business while obstructing social policies that the Dems are trying to implement, it's not exactly a new thing, they've been moving further away from social policies since Reagan got in. The Dems are painted as some kind of radical marxist party when the reality is that they are somewhat to the right of the UK's Tory party.

The situation has gotten so bad that state's are now throwing so much money in to maintaining their homeless populations that very little is left in the pot to actually work towards improving the situation. Nothing will change until a social structure exists to deal with those on the bottom of life's ladder and that isn't on the cards any time soon. We might think that the NHS does a poor job of supporting junkies and nutters but at least they manage to do something. Here, once you hit rock bottom, it is very difficult getting back into society.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 21 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

"The heroin ppl don't like the meth ppl..." so it begs the question: if there were no drugs would there be as many homeless ppl? I don't think the "legalise everything" crew would be too keen about this video Thinking That being said criminalising drug use must be a driving factor Sad

People are very tribal, the substance users ive worked with tend to stick within their own group and typically develop prejudice against others. So the alcoholics view the drug users as low lifes who in return regard the alcoholics as cheap whingers. So it goes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 26 of 35