Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 23 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Biden says he wants another 4 years in the White House.

Lololololol....etc.

They could use him as a foot stool I suppose.

I'd rather he weren't in situ for another four years. It'd be nice to kick out all the seated over 65's, perhaps you lot would like one of them for no.10 - getting rid of them is like getting shit out of shag pile. Sad

We could shove him in the House of Lords for you. The more senile and asleep that lot are, the better Laughing
As for No.10, I think I prefer that place to be vacant Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:52 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know how to run an election over there? Can't someone show them how it's supposed to be done? I mean, I know they're a relatively new country and all that, but you'd think by now...
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Does anybody know how to run an election over there? Can't someone show them how it's supposed to be done? I mean, I know they're a relatively new country and all that, but you'd think by now...

First up this is the downside of individual States doing things their own way. Secondly they don't seem to have a concept of "civil servants" and all of their services are run by politics so AFAIK any equivalent of the State Electoral Commission is either Democrat or Republican Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

First up this is the downside of individual States doing things their own way. Secondly they don't seem to have a concept of "civil servants" and all of their services are run by politics so AFAIK any equivalent of the State Electoral Commission is either Democrat or Republican Shocked

That doesn't seem to answer my question. It seems they can't count votes in a timely manner, no ink for some machines used (?), allowing the voting process to extend over long periods. They're not getting the basics right, which should be the same for all states. It's not like they don't know well in advance when the elections are to be held.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 12 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a certain amount of "Our Democracy" about it. According to Tucker Carlson 10 out of the last 13 dragged out vote counting fiascos were for Democrat strong holds and of the 3 Republican wins they were knife edge stuff. Partisan opinion though so I'd take it with a bag of salt, do your own research etc.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 15 Nov 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This FTX collapse...

The fall of the FTX ‘King of Crypto’ Sam Bankman-Fried

Given all the money went to the Democrat election campaign along with a load of donations meant for Ukraine can you say the recent elections were "stolen" if they were paid for with stolen crypto?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 07 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe he's not getting called out across the country for this - absolutely sickening. Talk about cheapening the death of a police officer.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/06/biden-blames-sick-insurrectionists-for-murder-of-cop-by-nation-of-islam-radical/

TL;DR - Biden blames the death of a police officer on 'sick insurrectionists'. Why? Well, he died 3 months after the Capitol 'insurrection' after being attacked by a Black Nationalist. But it was outside the Capitol, and the only reason he was there was because of all these bloody sick insurrectionists.

Cheap-shot or what.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 07 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? So if we hadn't had to put on extra security he wouldn't have been there and wouldn't have come to harm from unrelated assailants?

Stretch Armstrong must be worth a fortune these days!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 8th? Lula vows to punish Brazilian Congress invaders

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 09 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Another "insurrection" where no one thought to bring any guns?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:34 - 08 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im up late so watching the state of the union address. Biden sounding pretty good.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 08 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect China would be quite happy with a war, just not right now, maybe 2040. Their military's too weak relative to the US and allies at the moment.

Fingers crossed the CCP prioritises easy targets like the west coast of the USA for their nukes Shocked

"And nothing of value was lost..."

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 12 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hit piece from Don't Walk, Run!

https://youtu.be/WSGb72gpe3w

tl;dr Joe Biden is a liar and a hypocrite. I know, you're shocked, right?

The interesting nugget though is how some Medicare and Social Security programs* will run out of money probably within the next decade. "I bet no one's talking about this..."

CNN: Medicare and Social Security insolvency is right around the corner

When even CNN are talking about something there really is a problem Smile

*State pensions and subsidised healthcare for pensioners.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 12 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The interesting nugget though is how some Medicare and Social Security programs* will run out of money probably within the next decade. "I bet no one's talking about this..."

CNN: Medicare and Social Security insolvency is right around the corner

I doubt we can be too smug. We are on the path to utter ruin as well. Too many people living off the state tit. That includes pensioners whos contributions have been spunked away rather than invested to pay for their future.

Which, of course is totally illegal to do if you are a company!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:48 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

I doubt we can be too smug. We are on the path to utter ruin as well. Too many people living off the state tit. That includes pensioners whos contributions have been spunked away rather than invested to pay for their future.

Which, of course is totally illegal to do if you are a company!

It's a combination of successive governments going after the grey vote, and life expectancy increasing.

The whole thing feels like a Ponzi scheme. If we're struggling to pay for boomers, how will we pay for the mass immigration generation?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/image_data/file/123697/trenddeckd6.png

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:17 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

The whole thing feels like a Ponzi scheme. If we're struggling to pay for boomers, how will we pay for the mass immigration generation?

Who do you think will be wiping your arse when you're bundled into the old folks home?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:24 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

All government pension contributions (including NI from the start of the scheme) have just gone into the general pot and are paid out of general taxation. Why specifically do you think this is a problem now?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 13 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
M.C wrote:

Who do you think will be wiping your arse when you're bundled into the old folks home?

Err by the time I'm that old they'll be no social care or NHS.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

In news that will shock nobody:

How America took out the Nord Stream Pipeline

Everyone thought it was a gaff when Biden let slip they'd destroy it but it turns out that was a tactical move to avoid Congressional oversight.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Everyone thought it was a gaff when Biden let slip they'd destroy it but it turns out that was a tactical move to avoid Congressional oversight.

Lots of speculation but no evidence... Rolling Eyes

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

It might well have been The Yanks but there’s an extraordinary amount of detail in that story and you have to wonder whether a) all those ‘Top Secret’ meetings were really attended by a bunch of blabber-mouths or b) the reporter is a wannabe novelist.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:37 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day you have to ask 'what did the us have to gain by blowing it up?'

Absolutely nothing. Nord 2 didn't get final approval and was never used. Nord 1 was shut down for the foreseeable future.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
All government pension contributions (including NI from the start of the scheme) have just gone into the general pot and are paid out of general taxation. Why specifically do you think this is a problem now?

Because if it is illegal for a company to spunk pension contributions, I'm sure the wonderful government should be the same.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:25 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree government pensions would be a ponzi scheme but it's government. Thats how governments have worked for all funding and expediture since the year dot.

My question, though, is 'what has suddenly made it a problem'?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
At the end of the day you have to ask 'what did the us have to gain by blowing it up?'

Absolutely nothing. Nord 2 didn't get final approval and was never used. Nord 1 was shut down for the foreseeable future.

Ah, so the Americans are giving away the liquified natural gas shipments to the Germans for free?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 31 of 35