Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Politics - Sleepy Joe Edition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:58 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citation? Bearing in mind that Germany is a landlocked country....

Ffs a pipe from Saudi Arabia is easier than building the infrastructure to ship gas across the Atlantic in less.than a year.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Hamburg
Third busiest port in Europe. Hamburg is in Germany.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
....Germany is a landlocked country....

You learn something new every day.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 14 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Ffs a pipe from Saudi Arabia is easier than building the infrastructure to ship gas across the Atlantic in less.than a year.

Fucking hell, 2 years of my life going to and from Bremerhaven, Hamburg and Kiel wiped off in a stroke. Laughing

Also, the LNG infrastructure is already there. A ship can dock in England, Belgium, Italy and France (and probably way more now) with gas for any european country, They are all connected and have been since the 70's when I used to run from Algeria to Canvey island on the first purpose built LNG carrier, the ss. Methane Princess. We used to visit the British Gas control room there and up on the wall the big mimic board showed the pipeline across to France with the flow of gas in it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:24 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Ukraine war pushes Germany to build LNG terminals

You're just trolling us now. The World's economy wouldn't exist without shipping! And a pipeline from Arabia?! Crossing a massive dessert then on through either Syria or Iraq, Turkey or the Caucasus Mountains... Physically difficult, politically impossible.

Even if you could build it the Americans would just have it blown up anyway Rolling Eyes

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:22 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:38 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
In news that will shock nobody:

How America took out the Nord Stream Pipeline

Everyone thought it was a gaff when Biden let slip they'd destroy it but it turns out that was a tactical move to avoid Congressional oversight.

The clip just in case anyone hadn't seen it: https://youtu.be/xWUuhNd37WI?t=21

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the bit I find interesting about Biden's so-called gaff:

Quote:
The plan to blow up Nord Stream 1 and 2 was suddenly downgraded from a covert operation requiring that Congress be informed to one that was deemed as a highly classified intelligence operation with US military support. Under the law, the source explained, “There was no longer a legal requirement to report the operation to Congress. All they had to do now is just do it—but it still had to be secret. The Russians have superlative surveillance of the Baltic Sea.”

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you swallow the ‘Biden dunnit’ story whole note that it would be an assault on the critical energy supply of multiple allies, normally considered an act of war. Maybe the Yanks are crazed enough to do it, I dunno, but is there a reason you’ve ignored the Ukrainians who had the most to gain?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Before you swallow the ‘Biden dunnit’ story whole note that it would be an assault on the critical energy supply of multiple allies, normally considered an act of war. Maybe the Yanks are crazed enough to do it, I dunno, but is there a reason you’ve ignored the Ukrainians who had the most to gain?

Everyone has been suspiciously cagey about the whole thing, and obviously if you make a threat you become a suspect when that event transpires.

I know Russia lie all the time but I don't think they'd miss an opportunity to blame Ukraine? Smile They actually blamed the US and UK iirc.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Everyone has been suspiciously cagey about the whole thing, and obviously if you make a threat you become a suspect when that event transpires.

I know Russia lie all the time but I don't think they'd miss an opportunity to blame Ukraine? Smile They actually blamed the US and UK iirc.

Why would the Russians blame Ukraine when the opportunity was there to imply supposed allies had deliberately damaged the EU’s energy policy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
M.C wrote:

Why would the Russians blame Ukraine when the opportunity was there to imply supposed allies had deliberately damaged the EU’s energy policy?

Because they've done so before... Russia accuses Ukraine of car bomb killing of Vladimir Putin supporter’s daughter, and if Ukraine were behind it don't you think that would massively swing public perception of them as the victim, and fuel opposition to providing them with weapons?

The US f'ing about and staging events, we're used to that Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:30 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally different. If Russia accuses nato of a bombing in Russia it is an escalation, if Russia accused nato of bombing a facility in nato territory its not.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 15 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Because they've done so before... Russia accuses Ukraine of car bomb killing of Vladimir Putin supporter’s daughter, and if Ukraine were behind it don't you think that would massively swing public perception of them as the victim, and fuel opposition to providing them with weapons?

I think it would have been regarded as an understandable attack on the enemy’s export economy at a time when the importers were desperately trying to wean themselves off Russian gas anyhow.

M.C wrote:
The US f'ing about and staging events, we're used to that Smile

True. I was going to point out that the US National Security Agency were saying the shotdown balloon debris was irrecoverable and therefore conveniently unidentifiable because they had all fallen into the ocean, a deep lake or the vast, wintry expanses of the Northern Territories. They also didn’t dismiss the daft idea that they were extra-terrestrial. Reminds me of the UFO stories which turned out to be secret military projects like the triangle-shaped stealth fighters and flying wings. Apparently they’ve now retrieved the first balloon wreck from the sea but say the later ones were harmless and civilian. Fuss over nothing. What happened while we looked away?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I think it would have been regarded as an understandable attack on the enemy’s export economy at a time when the importers were desperately trying to wean themselves off Russian gas anyhow.

To quote you from earlier...
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
supposed allies had deliberately damaged the EU’s energy policy?

I think a lot of people have suffered due to the energy 'crisis', and wouldn't take kindly to finding out it was (if it turned out to be) partly due to Ukrainian actions.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
They also didn’t dismiss the daft idea that they were extra-terrestrial. Reminds me of the UFO stories which turned out to be secret military projects like the triangle-shaped stealth fighters and flying wings.

That was the reason, they'd rather the public think 'aliens' than military, so the General was just using their usual cover. Trump actually admitted (recent) UFOs were military.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only so many countries with the technical expertise to pull off blowing up and underwater pipeline. Russia's lost a customer, the US has gained a customer. Doesn't seem to be anything complicated here Smile

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:11 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
There are only so many countries with the technical expertise to pull off blowing up and underwater pipeline. Russia's lost a customer, the US has gained a customer. Doesn't seem to be anything complicated here Smile

Was Russia not likely to lose a customer as it had shut down NS1, indefinitely according to them, three weeks before the explosions and NS2 hadn't yet been put into service?

Fair play to Biden if he did do it, the dithering old fart has managed to avoid the news leaking from multiple sources within the White House, which usually leaks like a sieve, or numerous naval types who were supposed to be involved and pissed off the nuclear happy Russians right under their noses. Odd that he could pull that off but let a Chinese spy balloon do a tour of the continental US...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 16 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Odd that he could pull that off but let a Chinese spy balloon do a tour of the continental US...

Is Biden taking the Chinese stacks or the Russian stacks? My bet's on the former.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:07 - 17 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
Odd that he could pull that off but let a Chinese spy balloon do a tour of the continental US...

Is Biden taking the Chinese stacks or the Russian stacks? My bet's on the former.

Why not both? Confused

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 17 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Why not both? Confused

US inference in Ukraine has been going on for years, well before the annexation of Crimea.

Chinese "weather" balloon? Oh no, can't shoot that down 'cos the debris might hit someone. Meanwhile in Ohio...

https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/derailment-3-ap-gmh-230214_1676393704627_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 17 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
Why not both? Confused

US inference in Ukraine has been going on for years, well before the annexation of Crimea.

Chinese "weather" balloon? Oh no, can't shoot that down 'cos the debris might hit someone. Meanwhile in Ohio...

https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/derailment-3-ap-gmh-230214_1676393704627_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Isn't that how the zombie apocalypse starts?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:21 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Isn't that how the zombie apocalypse starts?

Zombies and Ohio, that'd be like taking coal to Newcastle. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 07 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be forgiven for missing the news that all of the footage from the "January 6th Insurrection" - more than 40,000 hours apparently - have been given over to the team of Tucker Carlson at Fox News.

Personally I classify Mr. Carlson under the heading of entertainment rather than journalism due to his bombastic nature. I would therefore advise viewers of a sensitive disposition to skip the following video:

https://youtu.be/Opy7MLGAPBk

and move straight onto this less problematic CNN piece:

What to know about the Tucker Carlson January 6 footage

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:23 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Tucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV1At8Lg_1g

But I particularly like this take Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXFg13VunKM

In other news, Silicon Valley Bank collapse looks pretty tasty. When do we reckon ol' Joe will step in to save his pals' money?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
More Tucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV1At8Lg_1g

But I particularly like this take Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXFg13VunKM

In other news, Silicon Valley Bank collapse looks pretty tasty. When do we reckon ol' Joe will step in to save his pals' money?

He already had by the time you posted this, and another bank was shut down by the feds. Folded arms
The banking system out here is so shit that someone only has to sneeze and the general populace go all out for stuffing their wad under the mattress.

Edit: More than 100 police incurred injuries on January 6th, must have have been mass incompetence on their part, probably caused by their own plastic knives while picnicking on the lawns? Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 32 of 35