Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

KTM Duke 125 (2019) Will not start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Callumrayb
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:16 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: KTM Duke 125 (2019) Will not start Reply with quote

Hi, recently encountered a problem, I tried removing my spark plug from the duke so I lifted the cap, but couldn't get the right socket, upon plugging it back in it worked fine, the next day when I went to start it I'd just get cranking but refuses to start, so I tried charging the battery overnight, nada. So I'm really confused. Could I have damaged my spark plug or ignition coil? I'm planning on installing the new plug when the spark plug spanner made for the duke arrives, as I said I've charged the battery so it shouldn't be that. Here's a video of what I mean
https://youtu.be/VyIzh7zw9gM[/b]

oilyrag
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the cap is on the spark plug properly. It should click a few times as you push it down. Make sure all the safety circuits are good. Kill switch, in neutral etc. Did you do any other work on the bike? You might as well buy whatever socket you need to get the spark plug out and buy a new spark plug.

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

2019!!!!!!! does this bike have a warranty????????

Callumrayb
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:00 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

oilyrag wrote:
Make sure the cap is on the spark plug properly. It should click a few times as you push it down. Make sure all the safety circuits are good. Kill switch, in neutral etc. Did you do any other work on the bike? You might as well buy whatever socket you need to get the spark plug out and buy a new spark plug.

I have got a new spark plug, took the cap off and checked for spark and it is sparking fine, the cap is fully pushed down so it must be a bad plug. I don't have the tool to get down far enough but I have one coming tomorrow.

Callumrayb
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:20 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaffa90 wrote:
2019!!!!!!! does this bike have a warranty????????

I'm not sure if it has a warranty and if it does I'm not going through the hassle of getting them to pick my bike over a spark plug. If it's not that then obviously I'll ask

Callumrayb
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:57 - 27 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE! Tool came, replaced the spark plug and now she's working again, so it was a dead plug. Somehow I managed to ruin the old one while trying to take it out, anyway, panic over. Thanks for the help :)

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:15 - 27 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that the insulator on the plug was cracked in your attempts to get the plug out.... ?

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:49 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the plug is quite deep it is easy to drop it into place and remove the electrode gap as it gets bent easy of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 77 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1