Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scottish Nationalism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
Islander wrote:

this one would do .. almost like a St. Andrews .. sure we could fit it into a jack of some description lol.

Nah. It's Shetland's flag. Orkney and the Western Isles have their own. Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until the 9th Century Cornwall was its own place but much like Wales the original inhabitants are long gone. Scotland is enviably in that respect, despite massive efforts by various Kings over the centuries they have mostly remained physically and culturally distinct.

While complete independence seems like a pointless exercise I could see an argument for a complete political rearrangement, some sort of Federation of States perhaps. Unfortunately that would also entail better representation for the English to govern themselves and that's something Westminster would never entertain.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Scotland should be at the back of the queue for the ENGLISH produced covid vaccine Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Nah. It's Shetland's flag. Orkney and the Western Isles have their own. Razz

we have coin .. English coin .. perhaps you sell and we buy ?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Perhaps Scotland should be at the back of the queue for the ENGLISH produced covid vaccine Laughing

I thought it was made in Wrexham?

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:10 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWkSB-D-hYo

We could also look at how the other commonwealth countries that went independent turned out.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was made in Oxford and Keele, and by Pfizer in Belgium?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

The fake bomb at the Astra Zeneca factory in Wrexham was all over the news yesterday.

Maybe it's made at multiple locations but Wrexham is definitely one of them.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

The fake bomb at the Astra Zeneca factory in Wrexham was all over the news yesterday.

Well, I never suggested the Welsh should be at the back of the queue, only Scotland Smile

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Well, I never suggested the Welsh should be at the back of the queue, only Scotland Smile

Laughing You don't need to put Wales at the back of the queue, they are doing a great job of fucking it all up themselves Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:41 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Have Scots paid for it?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:43 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Have Scots paid for it?

Don't be silly. They'll have insisted the English pay for theirs.
And then they'll squander the money on their silly independence campaign Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:01 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see Wee Nikki was about ready to have Boris arrested for visiting Scotland today. She is of the oppinion it was not an essential journey.

Given health is a devolved matter so it's almost 100% nothing to do with coronavirus and all about pro-unionist propoganda, she may have a point?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55829578

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

There are other things. I actually had someone call me a "Fucking Scotch cunt." the other day. At work. If he thought about it, probably not the right thing to be saying to the person he was relying on to sign off on his farm so he could sell cattle again.

Well you will go round sticking yer hand up coos bums
We've warned you about doing that
you'll get yourself in serious trouble one of these days m'lad
Get yourself a hobby

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
wr6133 wrote:

We've started producing a vaccine in Livingstone Razz

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Well, I see Wee Nikki was about ready to have Boris arrested for visiting Scotland today. She is of the oppinion it was not an essential journey.

Given health is a devolved matter so it's almost 100% nothing to do with coronavirus and all about pro-unionist propoganda, she may have a point?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55829578

I suspect he's shiting himself. Fucking up the initial COVID response massively and then losing the union would put him in the history books for all the wrong reasons. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

We've started producing a vaccine in Livingstone Razz

I don't think Irn Bru will protect you from covid Wink Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:19 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
A lot of people vote for [the SNP] because they agree with the idea of an independant Scotland

Then the SNP is not the party for them, as they want to take Scotland straight back into the EU.

This is the main paradox that the SNP always avoids talking about, amongst all the other things they avoid like the implications for Scotland in Europe given the massive debt to GDP ratio, the terrible state of the education system, the state of health services, social care, the police, lack of industrial development, selling Bifab down the river, and not using Scottish shipyards to refurb the Calmac ferry fleet. They're a bunch of bastards and the only thing good about independence is the SNP would be killed off and we could get back to some normal politics.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Up until the 9th Century Cornwall was its own place but much like Wales the original inhabitants are long gone. Scotland is enviably in that respect, despite massive efforts by various Kings over the centuries they have mostly remained physically and culturally distinct.

While complete independence seems like a pointless exercise I could see an argument for a complete political rearrangement, some sort of Federation of States perhaps. Unfortunately that would also entail better representation for the English to govern themselves and that's something Westminster would never entertain.

Scottish culture is not that distinct from the rest of the UK. The Celtic Fascists would like you to believe that but there's really no difference between living in Inverness or Exeter.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Scottish culture is not that distinct from the rest of the UK. The Celtic Fascists would like you to believe that but there's really no difference between living in Inverness or Exeter.

its the pace of life .. and job opportunities that mark the difference .. noticeable by the number of jock livin south of the border ... see how many migrate when they get their independence .. before the border closes..

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

I try to be generous sometimes Wink I'm thinking on the futile attempt to resurrect the Cornish Language from the dead vs Scots and Welsh still (only just) being a continuum and Gruppenführer Humza Yousaf's rant on how white Scottish ppl are.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I'm thinking on the futile attempt to resurrect the Cornish Language from the dead vs Scots and Welsh still (only just) being a continuum

Sir might please to read: https://books.google.com.ag/books?id=xQ8KAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA236&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false (page 273 et seq). I have an original. It's most interesting.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
I'm thinking on the futile attempt to resurrect the Cornish Language from the dead vs Scots and Welsh still (only just) being a continuum

Sir might please to read: https://books.google.com.ag/books?id=xQ8KAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA236&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false (page 273 et seq). I have an original. It's most interesting.

Much the same (reading from that page) as Kaolin: used in more things and places than one would think. I did quite a study of minerology as a kid and Cornwall's definitely the place to be for that! Mostly supported by what my dad found in the pits, the pinnacle of my collection being a meteorite and the most obscure being Luxulyanite - a rare form of granite unique to where I used to live.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I try to be generous sometimes Wink I'm thinking on the futile attempt to resurrect the Cornish Language from the dead vs Scots and Welsh still (only just) being a continuum and Gruppenführer Humza Yousaf's rant on how white Scottish ppl are.

On the absurdity of the SNP obsession with Gaelic.

Currently the SNP government puts aside £5.1M for the 60000 Gruntlick speakers. Meanwhile every week we see Der Fuhrer Sturgeon virtue signalling with a pet sign language aid but they only spend £372K on the hearing impared, of which there are 945000 people. Old languages might have historical significance but that's no use when your children go looking for a job somewhere that has an economy based on something other than cheap sentimentalism. Hence the reason I advise youths to learn German.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

We're an argumentative people. Surely you must have noticed this by now?

Which is a good reason not to be independent. Can you imagine how the whole Glasgow V Edinburgh thing will be in post independence Scotland.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 3 of 48