Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scottish Nationalism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:24 - 12 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Scotland has never recovered from being turned into a sheep station by its mightier neighbour. That's when all the manly intrepid inhabitants* buggered off to civilise the new world, leaving the dour mithering stump we see today.
It was cruel and improvident to let them retain the pretense of nationhood, a reservation for intransigent captives, somewhere north of the Justinian wall would have spared us this spectacle.

* like my forefathers

The Scots did a good trade in the slave markets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 12 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Scotland has never recovered from being turned into a sheep station by its mightier neighbour. That's when all the manly intrepid inhabitants* buggered off to civilise the new world, leaving the dour mithering stump we see today.
It was cruel and improvident to let them retain the pretense of nationhood, a reservation for intransigent captives, somewhere north of the Justinian wall would have spared us this spectacle.

* like my forefathers

Much the same as Cornwall: all the miners buggering off all round the world.

One that always tickles me is when Might Car Mods referring to their little shit-boxes as "nuggets" which is a Cornish word that entered in mining terminology throughout the world Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 12 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here know what you're no longer allowed to say in Scotland after the passing of this new SNP hate speech bill? What kind of penalties will there be for transgressions?
It seems the Scots have decided to push off down the slippery slope. Hope your parachutes are in order, cos there's a long drop at the bottom Laughing

Has anyone heard anything about the SNP using tax payers money, apparently to the tune of £600 million, to prop up a failing steel company?

Does anyone know what kind of things the Sturgeon has been discussing on her visits with the Iranian leadership, and on what authority?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently "stirring up hatred" (whatever than means) on the grounds of age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or variations in sex characteristics is now verboten.

You can still take the piss out of gingers which seems a strange oversight for Scotland Thinking

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:23 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the fuck did that happen. I hope at least one person turned up and threw a bag of shit at them.
The conservatives down in England aren't much better.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Apparently "stirring up hatred" (whatever than means) on the grounds of age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or variations in sex characteristics is now verboten.

You can still take the piss out of gingers which seems a strange oversight for Scotland Thinking

Think it's because gingers technically don't qualify as human

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the Crown Office, led by a member of Sturgeon’s cabinet, is seeking to censor and redact Alex Salmond’s allegations against Sturgeon.

Quote:
The Crown Office even told us not to tell our readers about its demand, which we are now also ignoring. As the Spectator’s leader puts it

“we can’t be silent about its mendacious threats to a free press. Even if we end up succumbing to its censorship, we can still put its methods on record. This is how the SNP government and its supine supporters operate. The recently passed Hate Crime Act gives them even more powers to menace the press. Scotland is being ushered towards an era of censorship, threats and state repression. The good news for those who cherish the principles of democratic debate — and those of the Scottish Enlightenment — is that this will not happen without a fight.”

https://order-order.com/2021/03/18/we-wont-comply-with-sturgeons-crown-office-censors-because-when-truth-is-silenced-the-silence-is-a-lie/

#thankyounicola

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see old George is making a name for himself on twitter, no distinction between famous and infamous apparently.

After being accused of race-baiting his comeback was:

George Galloway wrote:
Being called a racist by the SNP is like being told to sit up straight by the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Priceless Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 28 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... a new political power rises in Scotland!

Neale Hanvey defects from SNP to new Alba Party

"Scottish Sour Grapes Party" might be more appropriate?

Anyhoo, "Alba" being a nod to Scots Gaelic, is this a further wedge along "racial" lines? Being an ignorant Southerner I don't know how divided it is: Scots vs Gaels vs Lowlanders vs Islanders? Enlighten me Smile

<edit> It did occur to me that I'd sorta asked this question before (right at the start as it happens) but beyond discovering the Islanders have a feeling of distinctness from the mainland I didn't really get any answer on whether there were any internal divisions, e.g. like there is with Yorkshire vs Lancashire.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=”Institute for Fiscal Studies”]Scottish Government funding per person is over 30% higher than in England, almost entirely due to its UK government funding. This gap has grown over the last 10 years.[/quote]

https://twitter.com/TheIFS/status/1377153498798682119

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am convinced the SNP are just out to fuck up Westminster. They did it with the school algorithms last year and are doing the same with the 4% rise for nurses.

I've always been a Unionist but I'm becoming more and more pro English rather than British which makes me quite sad.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dying dog (or wolf) bites at its own wounds

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
[quote=”Institute for Fiscal Studies”]Scottish Government funding per person is over 30% higher than in England, almost entirely due to its UK government funding. This gap has grown over the last 10 years.

https://twitter.com/TheIFS/status/1377153498798682119[/quote]

Haw Sir... Don't for a minute make this out to be a problem created by the Scottish People/People of Scotland.

The Scottish Nose Pickers have only recently enjoyed a slim majority.

The rise to power was fueled by the decline of the Labour Party (Blair/Broon) and the Wankfulness of the Tories and the way they shite on places not in London.

Come the revolution Holyrood will have a Trooping of the Colours.

We should ask the UK government for the money to build us a Tower of Edinburgh to house the ejaculate that is the present Scottish Disgrace.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old but interesting points drawn.

I know that the BCF Massive have some reservations about auld Neil... Very Happy

https://youtu.be/2rDM9EXVOLg

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:56 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new party is most likely the same old rubbish. Salmonds chum was the guy that brought in airgun licensing and other dodgy acts.

The SNP has Humza Yezhov Yousaf who is worse.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
[quote=”Institute for Fiscal Studies”]Scottish Government funding per person is over 30% higher than in England, almost entirely due to its UK government funding. This gap has grown over the last 10 years.

https://twitter.com/TheIFS/status/1377153498798682119[/quote]

Is that going to the people or into the pockets of their pals.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:

The SNP can't remember what they did with it Laughing
Conveniently Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Jmoan wrote:

The SNP can't remember what they did with it Laughing
Conveniently Rolling Eyes

Correction.

The SNP canny recall who's sporran it was stuffed intae.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SNP wants a hard border with England should it gain its independence...and no border Confused

But of course, if by some miracle, Scotland gets its independence and rejoins the EU, it will be Brussels telling them what kind of border they'll have to have Laughing

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard border .. work permits . immigration visas ... taxes on imports /exports and their own currency...
i cannot fcukin wait..

PS.. and can close some of the spurious border crossings aswell..

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

She doesn’t have a clue, and she doesn’t care that she doesn’t have a clue. It’ll be someone else’s problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=766HnfIIl-k&t=127s

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.”

― George Santayana

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:14 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had George Galloway on TV last night doing a party political broadcast.

Did nobody ever tell him it's bad manners to wear a hat indoors?

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:25 - 26 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetically if Scotland does leave the Union and finds the grass isn’t greener on the other side should they be allowed to rejoin?
Would that require a vote that all concerned parties could take part in?
I imagine the leader of the SNP would have to resign...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:48 - 26 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
They had George Galloway on TV last night doing a party political broadcast.

Did nobody ever tell him it's bad manners to wear a hat indoors?

I don't believe there's a 'school of etiquette' anywhere now.

Gorgeous is as bad as those wimin who sit their handbags on the table if they are at 'do'.

Millenials have no idea what they are sailing towards.

A lot of 'manners' were developed over centuries to help oil the wheels of society.

If everyone has their rights all at once and no one is prepared to queue then Gawd knows where we'll be. Very Happy

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

<edit> It did occur to me that I'd sorta asked this question before (right at the start as it happens) but beyond discovering the Islanders have a feeling of distinctness from the mainland I didn't really get any answer on whether there were any internal divisions, e.g. like there is with Yorkshire vs Lancashire.

Orkney and Shetland are only Scottish when there's money in it otherwise they claim to be Vikings.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 7 of 48