Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scottish Nationalism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
SNP and The Greens eh? Sorry, what was an independent Scotland's future prosperity supposed to be based on? Laughing

Rejoining the EU. The EU funds the poorer countries within the union....

Spain will veto that. Anything that gives the Catalans ideas above their station will not be looked kindly on by Madrid.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:00 - 23 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNP campaign base is Wm. Wallace (the 13 century upstart) played by Mel Gibson (the Aktor/Drunk/Religist/xenophobic phuckhed).

Skotlind's problem: Scotch Kuntz canny see beyond Bannockburn. And conveniently misremember Colloden.

Hopefully a people's revolution will usurp the Scottish Nazi Party and any such behaviour will be made unlawful for the future.

Sadly to say, I have little hope for a Scottish People's Velvet Revolution. Crying or Very sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 23 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Skotlind's problem: Scotch Kuntz canny see beyond Bannockburn. And conveniently misremember Colloden.

You won a league match. We won the cup final Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 28 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/HappyBritScot/status/1427669214538649600

And now Scotland has the SNP/Greens power-sharing government it never voted for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 29 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
https://twitter.com/HappyBritScot/status/1427669214538649600

And now Scotland has the SNP/Greens power-sharing government it never voted for.

Nothing new there. Politicians will do just about anything to get a whiff of power. There again, look how much good it did the libdems when they got into bed with Cameron (horrible thought Sick ) and threw all their promises in the bin.

If the Greens are seen to be supporting a party that isn't promoting their tree hugging policies their supporters will turn on them double quick. It's a party with more than it's fair share of extremists.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 29 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, for the Greens it’s a chance for power which they wouldn’t otherwise have got (like the aforementioned Lib Dems) but they’ve said they’ll oppose (or abstain?) certain SNP policies. The SNP don’t care because it delivers a parliamentary majority for the only policy they really care about; IndyRef2.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:40 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Yep, for the Greens it’s a chance for power which they wouldn’t otherwise have got (like the aforementioned Lib Dems) but they’ve said they’ll oppose (or abstain?) certain SNP policies. The SNP don’t care because it delivers a parliamentary majority for the only policy they really care about; IndyRef2.

The SNP are the existential crisis of Scotland.

Senseless Numpty Pricks.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:30 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

You won a league match. We won the cup final Laughing

But you weren't invited to join the league in the first place, you just turned up in the yard and stole the ball.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every once in a while, we have to remind you of the rules Laughing

I mean, look at that SNP lot you all love so much now. There were times when we'd have sorted them out. Now, I think we should just seal off the border and let you continue to be the architects of your own misery.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I mean, look at that SNP lot you all love so much now. There were times when we'd have sorted them out. Now, I think we should just seal off the border and let you continue to be the architects of your own misery.

Seal off what border?

That issue opens a can of worms of its very own.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Arrests expected' over anti-Catholic singing by group of Rangers fans

"What are you in for?" Football chants Rolling Eyes

Goose-stepping pugs were only the start. The song sung by some drunken louts is not specified in the article but if you take something like "The Sash" there's nothing inherently bad about the lyrics only the connotations ppl choose to imprint on it.

It's like Arsenal fans chanting "did I leave the oven on?" at Tottenham. You'd really have to use your imagination to get upset about it.

To be clear: winding ppl up is poor form on moral grounds but a criminal act? Roll on thought crimes and the re-education camps.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
'Arrests expected' over anti-Catholic singing by group of Rangers fans

"What are you in for?" Football chants Rolling Eyes

Goose-stepping pugs were only the start. The song sung by some drunken louts is not specified in the article but if you take something like "The Sash" there's nothing inherently bad about the lyrics only the connotations ppl choose to imprint on it.

It's like Arsenal fans chanting "did I leave the oven on?" at Tottenham. You'd really have to use your imagination to get upset about it.

To be clear: winding ppl up is poor form on moral grounds but a criminal act? Roll on thought crimes and the re-education camps.

Ah think 'The Billy Boys' ticks aw the boxes though.

"We're up to our necks in feinyen blood, surrender or you'll die"
can't be connotated is many ways. Very Happy

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:31 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking sectarianism is as just rife in Scotland as it is in N.Ireland, it's just that both side hate the English more?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Am I right in thinking sectarianism is as just rife in Scotland as it is in N.Ireland, it's just that both side hate the English more?

In N.I. I do get it, but with the Scots it confuses me a little more. Are those supporting the SNP predominantly Catholic then, where they're religious at all? And I wonder how many who are involved in the sectarianism would actually declare themselves atheists. Is it really any more serious than football tribalism? What are the real divisions in Scotland, aside from straight left/right politics?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Seal off what border?

That issue opens a can of worms of its very own.

The English/Scottish border as it stands of course, you moron Laughing
I'm not interested in if the Scots have some stupid reason for putting it elsewhere. Nobody's really interested in the Scots Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I'm not interested in if the Scots have some stupid reason for putting it elsewhere. Nobody's really interested in the Scots Razz

The land border's as easy as rebuilding Hadrian's Wall but what about the North Sea?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines of course silly man. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

The land border's as easy as rebuilding Hadrian's Wall but what about the North Sea?

Well, let's split, and then see who has the most powerful navy Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:40 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as the nuclear fleet is based in scotland...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Well, as the nuclear fleet is based in scotland...

I knew some numpty would come out with that old cookie Laughing
Go on, finish your sentence.
Royal Navy Wink Scots don't want a monarchy. They want communism (so you should probably move there Nobby Razz ).
Let's split and see who gets to keep what.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The land border's as easy as rebuilding Hadrian's Wall

Tut Tut The Romans bugged out. The border doesn't follow that line anymore in case you hadn't noticed Wink

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Navy?

We've got your nooklier zubz and your trident missiles in our possession.

I think the negotiations will be interesting.
Considering Scotland has the trump cards in that game.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose a lot of numpties are to be expected in a thread about Scotland Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Navy?

We've got your nooklier zubz and your trident missiles in our possession.

I think the negotiations will be interesting.
Considering Scotland has the trump cards in that game.

Cranky could team up with team up with the Taliban as well as the Greens - and rule the world since they have most of Americas helicopters now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Cranky could team up with team up with the Taliban as well as the Greens - and rule the world since they have most of Americas helicopters now.

Don't believe that. It's almost inconceivable how may helicopters the US has. I was on an aircraft recovery team to a US base in Germany and the helicopters they had there stretched as far as the eye could see, in two rows. They had to rotate their airframe hours since they didn't have the pilots to fly them all.
Mind you, a) I don't think the US military is capable of producing new pilots for them now, and b) they're too busy identifying half their own population as the new enemy Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 16 of 48