Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scottish Nationalism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 31 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Every once in a while, we have to remind you of the rules Laughing

I mean, look at that SNP lot you all love so much now. There were times when we'd have sorted them out. Now, I think we should just seal off the border and let you continue to be the architects of your own misery.

It's a sort of self fulfilling prophecy really. We know that independent Scotland is going to be an absolute failure, but the problem for Scotland is that most productive Scots know it too. So what we will see is people leaving and relocating businesses to England on a massive scale creating a worse situation than otherwise would be the case. After remainers deployed similar arguments to scare people out of voting leave, and the dire warnings came to nothing, people will just dismiss it as scaremongering too.

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Well, let's split, and then see who has the most powerful navy Smile

Navy?

We've got your nooklier zubz and your trident missiles in our possession.

I think the negotiations will be interesting.
Considering Scotland has the trump cards in that game.

At the point of independence the nukes will be in Falmouth and the subs in Plymouth, possibly some might temporarily be at the manufacturers in Aldermaston or Burghfield.

Scotland's military is planned to be some fisheries patrol ships and of course preserving the most flag waving patriotic Scottish regiments for parade's and the like. How much are the SNP/Greens going to spend on defence? Enough for the pat riotic regiments and that's about it I'd guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 31 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

It's a sort of self fulfilling prophecy really. We know that independent Scotland is going to be an absolute failure, but the problem for Scotland is that most productive Scots know it too. So what we will see is people leaving and relocating businesses to England on a massive scale creating a worse situation than otherwise would be the case.

It may turn out that the SNP builds a wall to try to keep people in Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going back to the offensive chants for a second...

Am I being reasonable in saying a thing is offensive if it can be proved as universally unacceptable. For example, the old "that bridge has a slant" from Top Gear is only offensive when context is applied. Whereas "gas all the Jews" doesn't sound good even if you didn't know what a Jew was Thinking This is all with regards to criminal charges, you can't legislate on poor taste IMHO.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Just going back to the offensive chants for a second...

Am I being reasonable in saying a thing is offensive if it can be proved as universally unacceptable.

No. A thing is offensive if the right kind of person, of the correct views (subject to change), says it is. There are of course certain types to whom you can say anything at all, and their view of what is offensive doesn't count Rolling Eyes
C'mon Easy, you know how it works by now.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
No. A thing is offensive if the right kind of person, of the correct views (subject to change), says it is. There are of course certain types to whom you can say anything at all, and their view of what is offensive doesn't count Rolling Eyes
C'mon Easy, you know how it works by now.

Yes, I know how it works for them but I'm asking the much more reasonable ppl of BCF for their opinion - a quick sanity check Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. A thing is offensive to someone if they find it offensive. This doesn't mean the person who says it mustn't be allowed to say it. You have no right to not be offended. 'Unacceptable' is, as you mention, about context. The problem arises when we start to think of 'society' as one homogenous whole, which it isn't.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A thing is offensive to someone if they find it offensive.

This is true. What I think is less acceptable is people taking great offense by proxy on other people's behalf when little offence was intended in the first place. This is a growing problem and symptomatic of a society dominated by social media.

Middle Finger You horrible bunch of dog-tossers! Middle Finger

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Every once in a while, we have to remind you of the rules Laughing

I mean, look at that SNP lot you all love so much now. There were times when we'd have sorted them out. Now, I think we should just seal off the border and let you continue to be the architects of your own misery.

It's a sort of self fulfilling prophecy really. We know that independent Scotland is going to be an absolute failure, but the problem for Scotland is that most productive Scots know it too. So what we will see is people leaving and relocating businesses to England on a massive scale creating a worse situation than otherwise would be the case. After remainers deployed similar arguments to scare people out of voting leave, and the dire warnings came to nothing, people will just dismiss it as scaremongering too.

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Well, let's split, and then see who has the most powerful navy Smile

Navy?

We've got your nooklier zubz and your trident missiles in our possession.

I think the negotiations will be interesting.
Considering Scotland has the trump cards in that game.

At the point of independence the nukes will be in Falmouth and the subs in Plymouth, possibly some might temporarily be at the manufacturers in Aldermaston or Burghfield.

Scotland's military is planned to be some fisheries patrol ships and of course preserving the most flag waving patriotic Scottish regiments for parade's and the like. How much are the SNP/Greens going to spend on defence? Enough for the pat riotic regiments and that's about it I'd guess.

Do you think Scottish kunts sailed up the Clyde in a banana boat?

I stated, "We have your missiles and subs in our possession."

Are you going to stop our secret negotiations with Russia, China, Iran and N. Korea too?

I didn't think so.

But you're new to this game sonny.

We'll cut yous a deal and ask to let the useful ones live. Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 09 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotland to launch vaccine passports on 1 October

https://www.heraldscotland.com/resources/images/6121384.jpg?type=article-full

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 09 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have it already with the NHS covid app telling your jab or covid status.

I expect over the next few months/years every company that has a workforce that congregates in one place will insist on covid vaccinations.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I expect over the next few months/years every company that has a workforce that congregates in one place will insist on covid vaccinations.

It's a nice idea but I'm not sure every sector can afford to lob employees from the top of the multi-storey car park that is The Moral High Ground. Hospitality is particularly fucked.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:17 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

It's a nice idea but I'm not sure every sector can afford to lob employees from the top of the multi-storey car park that is The Moral High Ground. Hospitality is particularly fucked.

America is doing it, sort of.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58508547

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 11 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Does anyone actually use the app? I have it and I hardly ever get a use for it. The normal NHS app is about as useless too.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 11 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Does anyone actually use the app? I have it and I hardly ever get a use for it. The normal NHS app is about as useless too.

I installed it.

Uninstalled it as it is heavy on resources.
Plus if I don't own a mobile number I'm covid 19 discriminated.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to send the right message on International Women’s Day?

Idea Nicola Sturgeon apologises to people accused of witchcraft.

Crackers.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
How to send the right message on International Women’s Day?

Idea Nicola Sturgeon apologises to people accused of witchcraft.

Crackers.

Quote:
Ms Sturgeon also told MSPs that parliament could choose to legislate to pardon those convicted under the law.

What next? Dig up the bodies (if you can find them) run a DNA analysis and pay reparations to their descendants?!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Am I still allowed to burn witches in Scotland or not? Sturgeon was next on my list.
It's probably legal to deep fry them.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 10 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you look into the witch burnings youll find that they werent poor women abused by evil toxic male misogynists. they were generally quite evil women committing crimes like poisoning/murder.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 10 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
if you look into the witch burnings youll find that they werent poor women abused by evil toxic male misogynists. they were generally quite evil women committing crimes like poisoning/murder.

Utter shite.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 10 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

To take this with anything but incredulous humour at the expense of the SNP is daft.
That is what the SNP is for - entertainment for the rest of us. Unless you live under their regime of course, in which case, unlucky! Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 10 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
To take this with anything but incredulous humour at the expense of the SNP is daft.
That is what the SNP is for - entertainment for the rest of us. Unless you live under their regime of course, in which case, unlucky! Laughing

I don't really have a strong opinion about Nicola Sturgeon apologising for the witch hunts to be honest, but that statement about them being 'evil women committing crimes like poisoning/murder' was in baseless in fact and utter shite. Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 10 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I don't really have a strong opinion about Nicola Sturgeon apologising for the witch hunts to be honest

You ought to. This is the woman running your (chosen) country Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 11 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

I don't really have a strong opinion about Nicola Sturgeon apologising for the witch hunts to be honest

You ought to. This is the woman running your (chosen) country Laughing

Why? It's not a major political decision about anything that important.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:57 - 11 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

You wouldn't be saying that if it were the Tories banging on about the burning of witches Laughing
It's just another illustration of how the SNP get dragged into all the silly stuff because they're complete failures at the important things like pubic health, education, economic matters.

But it's ok, I get it - you have to be careful what you say under such a government in case sometime in the future you find yourself on the wrong side of them. Who knows what will be illegal in speech next? And what consequences it might have for you. And someone might be listening!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 11 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chickenstrip"]
Islander wrote:

chickenstrip wrote:
You wouldn't be saying that if it were the Tories banging on about the burning of witches Laughing

Errrrm yes I would. It would still be a politically insignificant gesture.

chickenstrip wrote:
It's just another illustration of how the SNP get dragged into all the silly stuff because they're complete failures at the important things like pubic health, education, economic matters.

Strange that, NHS Scotland appear to be providing an all round better service than their English counterpart. Our education system, while not perfect, has improved significantly, and economically we're doing alright. Razz

chickenstrip wrote:
But it's ok, I get it - you have to be careful what you say under such a government in case sometime in the future you find yourself on the wrong side of them. Who knows what will be illegal in speech next? And what consequences it might have for you. And someone might be listening!

Deary deary me, you've been smoking the really strong whacky baccy again haven't you. Laughing

Or you're bored again... Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 40 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 17 of 48