Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scottish Nationalism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:19 - 15 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Party politics aside (because we're being led by a bunch of idiots right now), I think now more than ever we need to be united not divided.

We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:19 - 15 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
If that doesn't clear the bar for having a referrendum, I'm not sure what would?

We should care when people want independence but if they say they don't want independence the results are invalid Thinking That's according to the logic of the journalists traitors working for the BBC and Guardian vis-à-vis Falkland Islanders' right to self determination.

Would this be a good time to mention the Eire referrendum for joining the Eurozone or Denmarks one for ratifying the Maastricht Treaty. Both of which initially rejected the idea and were then held again after a very short period of time when they passed it. It being made clear that people would keep being asked until they came up with the correct answer.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 15 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
On the cusp of a recession. With massive government debt. FFS let's use that money a bit more wisely.

The SNP manage very successfully to use that stuff as a selling point using the magic dust of Scottish exceptionalism as a cure all for any ills. There's a lot of people lap it up as well and the more bonkers things are in Downing Street the more the fairy dust glitters.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 15 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM are so useless you just know they’re not going to get to the heart of matters, ie. How will independence work?

I’d be inclined to say, “Go, then!” I’m tired of the Scottish whining, the freebies and the ungrateful reliance on subsidy. However, the rest of the UK can’t afford the inevitable disruption, the arguing over apportioning debt, the currency question, the hard border, the post-independence nannying. I think we have a right to say no to that.

This does feel like Sturgeon’s last throw of the dice before her record catches up with her though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 15 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgflip.com/6jrqgh.jpg

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Easy-X"]https://i.imgflip.com/6jrqgh.jpg[/quote

All that will happen is Scotland will experience a massive loss of capital and human resource as people flee with their capital to England. Great news for Newcastle etc though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 27 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I'm a Scot living in England too but yes, seems fairly accurate. There is a broad level of support for independance but underlying it is a nasty minority, racist against the English.. And in fact, downright intolerant of other Scots who don't agree with their agenda.

It sounds to me like Brexit for Scotland.

Not all people voting for Brexit (Scottish independence) are racists, but all racists will vote for it.

What goes around comes around I guess Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:46 - 27 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
It sounds to me like Brexit for Scotland.

Does that mean we have to fuck about and treat them like shit after the vote?

Grizly
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Significant date? Reply with quote

Proposed vote to be held on the 19th October.

Britain's Lord Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown, Virginia on the 19th October, handing a huge victory to American General George Washington and effectively ending the American Revolution and assuring America's independence.

Hmm! Careful choice of dates here, history and greatness beckons for Emporess/Queen Kranky.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pencilled in for 19th Oct 2023, 2024, 2025... until they get it right, dammit! Laughing

Assuming it all goes to plan the EU are going to be in a tricky position. Even before entertaining Scotland's membership a quick trade treaty needs to be hammered out and I'm sure a lot of ppl south of the border will be interested in how fishing is dealt with.

Then again I'd expect Wee Jimmy to just give the EU everything they could possibly want (at the expense of the Scottish people obviously) in the hope the Spanish don't black-ball them on the membership vote.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Pencilled in for 19th Oct 2023, 2024, 2025... until they get it right, dammit! Laughing

Assuming it all goes to plan the EU are going to be in a tricky position. Even before entertaining Scotland's membership a quick trade treaty needs to be hammered out and I'm sure a lot of ppl south of the border will be interested in how fishing is dealt with.

Then again I'd expect Wee Jimmy to just give the EU everything they could possibly want (at the expense of the Scottish people obviously) in the hope the Spanish don't black-ball them on the membership vote.

Or, DerFuhrergeon loses and that's the end of the SNP

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Then again I'd expect Wee Jimmy to just give the EU everything they could possibly want...

Scotland doesn't have anything anybody wants Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Then again I'd expect Wee Jimmy to just give the EU everything they could possibly want...

We do but we keep it to ourselves Razz

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:50 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

You assume Wee Jimmy would be in charge post independance.

I'd hope an interim government would be formed for just long enough to elect a new parliament who would be responsible for overseeing any transition.

I don't think there's any garauntee that the SNP would be in charge. They aren't all that broadly well liked outwith the central belt, they are elected more as a protest and due to a lack of any viable slightly right of centre alternative in Scotland. The SNP are too lefty for many but are the only alternative if you don't want labour. The conservatives are effecitvely dead in Scotland until the last person who remembers the poll tax is 6 ft under.

I'm also not convinced there is such broad support for EU membership as it appears. The vote was heavily skewed by the independance campaign which (sucessfully) touted a large Scottish remain vote in the case of Brexit going ahead as a lever for a second independance referrendum.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

That about sums it up.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

We do but we keep it to ourselves Razz

What's this "we" business? You're an Englishman the English didn't want Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after independence I'm sure rUK with be in the frame for drip-fed "divorce" payments.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

I was looking for the negative karma rating for 'Ignore this Bastirt'.

Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you Jock hatin' Sassanachs, we'll turn yous around when you reach Carlisle and point yous Wales-ward. (If the Welsh will even have yous.)

Since the prolapse of the British Empire, yous have been running out of places to live.
The muzlims will sort yous out. Inshallah.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee Willies Krankies new plans.....

Upping the child allowance.
Freezing rents.
Stopping evictions.
New deal for tenants (free housing anyone? Laughing )
Local visitor levy (WTF, tax the English going to Scotland? Laughing )
A referendum on fcuking off (obviously)
Free school meals extended.
Train fare frozen.
Child care and justice. Can't find it in this article but the radio said no child will ever be put in a young offenders institution. Shocked

Buying votes with money you don't have Willie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62809001

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 06 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Freezing rents.
Stopping evictions.
Train fare frozen.
Child care and justice. Can't find it in this article but the radio said no child will ever be put in a young offenders institution. Shocked

Apart from free school meals and raised child allowance it's all stuff which costs the government nothing. The SNP are very good at this kind of thing. Spend a £ to avoid spending ££££££ or coming clean on how Scotland cant afford to function unless part of the UK.

On another note. I was ethnically abused today on account of being Inglush Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:37 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
On another note. I was ethnically abused today on account of being Inglush Shocked

In such situations I play the race-card: how very dare you, sir, I'm not English, I'm Cornish! "You don't have an accent." Harrumph! Have you not heard of hidden disabilities?!

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Freezing rents.
Stopping evictions.
Train fare frozen.

..same old 'Jam Tomorrow' policies that Salmond started way back at school mock election when he promised Ice Cream every day ('tis true that)

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

wee krankey says Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:21 - 07 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
wee krankey says Laughing

Steady now...The Dear Leader is The Voice of Scotland - she says so! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 19 of 48