Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Influencers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Influencers Reply with quote

Apparently the Internet Influencers are avoiding returning home yet from their ‘workplaces’ by pools in Dubai.
My god how will the uk manage without them? Will I have to decide some of life’s trickier problems without the expertise they've gained from their ten minutes on Planet Earth?
What a bunch of overrated useless brain dead oxygen thieving cunts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:40 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Digital Nomad. wrote:
....If you want to know more about our journey abroad....

I don’t. I’m not interested in your life in the slightest - and I’d guess your ‘ebook’ will end up in the internet equivalent of the ‘Three for £2!’ section of an empty closed down bookshop. A Digital Nomad? What the actual fuck????

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back God?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Bring back God?

God, you say: https://youtu.be/OhhOU5FUPBE?t=375 Thinking

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine “Influencer” is something careers officers have a pamphlet for these days. See also, “Rap artist.”

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I imagine “Influencer” is something careers officers have a pamphlet for these days. See also, “Rap artist.”

https://i.redd.it/2ujd1d7hmyq31.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:22 - 30 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, it used to be the kids sneered at factory work and wanted to work in a cosy office. Then it was going on Pop Idol or X-Factor. Now it's "I want to be an Influencer when I grow up..."

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 30 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Influencers make estate agents and car/double glazing salemen look almost repectable

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 30 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s a taste of what they may start to miss out on

https://tagthesponsor.com/

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is "an influencer"?

Edit: Or an "Internet Influencer"?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:28 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a kind of virus.
Nope, sorry, that's influenza. About as welcome though.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:36 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
What is "an influencer"?

Superficial twats with an over inflated sense of entitlement that influence the supremely gullible denizens of social media by all accounts.

Colour me old or something. Laughing

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

at least he hasn't 'looped' his scarf - god I hate that.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
What is "an influencer"?

Superficial twats with an over inflated sense of entitlement that influence the supremely gullible denizens of social media by all accounts.

Colour me old or something. Laughing

are you sure youre not confusing them with the democrat party Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best and worst Instagram pages I've been introduced to is Influencers in the Wild.

It's mostly alternative candid shots of influencers doing their thing.

It really is pitiful.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 31 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
What is "an influencer"?

I think you have to consult with younger family members over this, not a bunch of grumpy old motorcyclists.

However, while we get our greying old M&S understrides in a twist over these horrors of modern culture, when I consult with my personal agent in the world of modern culture her opinion is usually it's a load of shite and she's studying fashion marketing, whatever that is.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:45 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do sometimes feel appalled at why young people today seem so defenceless against capitalism and consume all sorts of shit peddled by 'influencers' (MVT/Daniel Wellington watches wtf) or queue to buy a new I Phone 'cos.... then I think fuck them, but every year exam results improve and yet society gets dumber, trouble is we then get the music, the brands and the politicians we deserve.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pretty numb opinion of influencers until around May/June last year, when I heard that at several local and independent restaurants (which were desperately trying to get back onto their feet) had influencers calling them up demanding free meals for "photo opportunities" and if they were declined they insinuated negative press would arise! I've actually got a growing loathe for social media but this was just ridiculous.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
I had a pretty numb opinion of influencers until around May/June last year, when I heard that at several local and independent restaurants (which were desperately trying to get back onto their feet) had influencers calling them up demanding free meals for "photo opportunities" and if they were declined they insinuated negative press would arise! I've actually got a growing loathe for social media but this was just ridiculous.

I second the growing loathing for social media. Would we really be worse off if Fbk, Instg, whtsp and twitter were shut down?

If I ran a business and some tit on tiktok etc tried to to screw a free meal out of me I would just record them and turn their own media against them. That or take a shit in their korma.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

I second the growing loathing for social media. Would we really be worse off if Fbk, Instg, whtsp and twitter were shut down?

If I ran a business and some tit on tiktok etc tried to to screw a free meal out of me I would just record them and turn their own media against them. That or take a shit in their korma.

Surely better to target a madras where it'd blend in better? Either that or filet mignon in sauce bearnaise (bonus points for getting the reference).

Social media has its uses . . . I've used Facebook since 2006, albeit I don't do much on it really and use it to keep in touch with people rather than broadcast myself which seems to be more what "modern" social media is all about. On balance though, I do think the world would be a happier place without it . . . probably a bit more ignorant, but probably better ignorant of the truth than informed with a distorted vision of reality.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use facebook and that was simply because when they were young, my kids were stupid enough to tell everyone what they were up to. Everyone included me.

Now? I use it for information on the cut but I could get that from other sources. I wouldn't care if it was closed.

My kids would though. Any government who closed facebook, twitter and the like would lose the under 30? vote instantly. They aint gonna do it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Influencers' need to be put up against the wall and shot. Same goes for minor 'celebs' with no discernible talent. Women who look like they've been smacked in the mouth with a cricket bat should be next, followed by blokes with greasy hair and abnormally white teeth. F*ck the lot of them for our kid's sakes...

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think celebs of any type should only be allowed ten years of fame then be culled Logans Run style.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 01 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I only use facebook and that was simply because when they were young, my kids were stupid enough to tell everyone what they were up to. Everyone included me.

Now? I use it for information on the cut but I could get that from other sources. I wouldn't care if it was closed.

My kids would though. Any government who closed facebook, twitter and the like would lose the under 30? vote instantly. They aint gonna do it.

Facebook is for 'old people' now.

Kids today are on Instagram and TikTok.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2