Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lost Logbook (and reg details) for RGV250 Race Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

sdunn911
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:41 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Lost Logbook (and reg details) for RGV250 Race Bike Reply with quote

Hi all, I've lost my logbook and the reg details for an RGV that I've owner for years, I want to stick it on the road with a daylight MOT - all the numbers are intact (frame and engine IDs) - anyone know how much of a pain it is to get a new / replacement logbook from DVLA with the details I have?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't it cost about 15 quid to replace a lost V5?

sdunn911
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:18 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds about right - problem is I don't know the registration - Its been a race bike since I have owned it and I have lost the V5 - I don't know the reg!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm have to assume that you've already got a V5 replacement form and have been informed that the reg is the only method acceptable for identifying the machine?
If so, time to go through the old photo album, friend's photo albums, etc, etc

Edit: Presumably there is still such a thing as local DVLA offices? When they finally re-open to the public, if not already, take half a day off work and all the details you have and go flatten your phone while waiting for your turn. I believe the RGV is young enough that it came after the DVLA went electronic which means that if you are indeed the registered owner, have the VIN and can furnish them with the address the vehicle was last registered at, they can in turn hit a few buttons and recover your Reg number - whether they'll let you know what it is...

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Member Yodi used to be able to produce a reg from a frame number. Other people have also offered the service here - do a search.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 36 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1