Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Covid vaccine issue

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Yes, but we're well past the stage of needing all that in this country now. Vaccine stamp in your passport for global travel, ok. But no more domestic restrictions thank you.

I thought that was the general aim. Reduce the restrictions gradually and ease things back to normal.

So why am I hearing from people like Gove the idea of vaccine passports for entering pubs and clubs etc? Testing the waters of public opinion because they're seriously considering it? It isn't needed, end of.

Quote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Europe, or more specifically the EU and certain European "leaders" are playing politics. That's it. Still butthurt over Brexit, still throwing toys out of the pram because of it. Disgusting behaviour.

It's a bit bizarre.

Damn good thing we got out of that sh*t show.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:52 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
So why am I hearing from people like Gove the idea of vaccine passports for entering pubs and clubs etc? Testing the waters of public opinion because they're seriously considering it? It isn't needed, end of.

Such things wouldn't even need to be considered if it wasn't for antivaxxers.

If the lepers are allowed into venues then social distancing will have to remain in place for longer than it would if the unclean people aren't allowed in.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

If the lepers are allowed into venues then social distancing will have to remain in place for longer than it would if the unclean people aren't allowed in.

The only trouble I have with people having to have a vaccine to go into pubs are for the people who medically have been told they can't have the vaccine. However if that's the case then I would presume they aren't going to be going to pubs and restaurants anyway because of the risk.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
The vaccine is primarily there to offer a way out of the mass psychosis which has been induced, nobody knows if it works or for how long if it does - it doesn't matter though they could offer a single red pill made of chalk and the effect would be similar and less likely to be harmful.

The push to keep unvaccinated out of certain venues due to no certificate papers is typically devoid of basic logic.
Those taking the vaccine with unknown if any protection are primarily doing it to enable more mixing and travelling - so they are most likely to be the walking biohazards.

They should have a V tattooed on their foreheads so normal people can steer clear. After second jab add a 2 after the V

Let's see some real evidence for these claims then.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:28 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The only trouble I have with people having to have a vaccine to go into pubs are for the people who medically have been told they can't have the vaccine. However if that's the case then I would presume they aren't going to be going to pubs and restaurants anyway because of the risk.

I believe the number of people who're actually clinically unable to have the vaccine due to being allergic to one of the ingredients will be far fewer than the number of people who've decided that they're unable to have the vaccine due to being allergic to something that's completely irrelevant.

The ethics of how to fairly 'deal' with those who're genuinely unable to have the vaccine is an awkward one as they can't really be excluded because they're unable to be vaccinated. If those who choose not to be vaccinated are excluded then the small number of people who're unable to be vaccinated won't really present a risk. (I base those statements on nothing. Laughing)

It's not fair to expect the majority of the population to continue social distancing in order to protect those who choose not to be vaccinated. I doubt pubs will even break even operating with their capacity reduced to 25% or whatever it is that's required for social distancing.

If the unvaccinated insist on being allow in then they're wanting the businesses to be operating at a loss with everyone else being inconvenienced just because they don't think they need the vaccine.

It's the same deal for concerts / festivals / live sports / cinemas / etc etc etc. They can either be at 25% capacity with anyone allowed in or they can be at full capacity those who don't want to be vaccinated aren't allowed in.

Point of note, it's covid status rather than vaccine passports as that then includes those who've got antibodies as a result of having previously had covid.

The crux of the matter IMO comes down to how much is society willing to be inconvenienced in order to make allowances for those who choose not to have the vaccine.

Apologies for it being a dailymail link but look at how things are going in Gibraltar...

"Shops, bars and restaurants are thriving in Gibraltar where 90 per cent of adults have had the Covid-19 jab - offering a blissful glimpse into what life could be like when the UK Government's vaccine rollout is complete.

Of the Rock's population of 34,000 people, not a single one is in hospital with coronavirus, making the country a beacon of hope to Europe and to Britain.

And there is no request for any vaccine passport to be shown when people go out. Residents who have been given the two jabs receive a credit card sized vaccination certificate.

But no one is currently required to show any proof of vaccination to enter a bar or restaurant on the Rock. Customers are asked to provide a name and contact number just in case of a coronavirus outbreak.

Although Boris Johnson has himself highlighted the success of Gibraltar's astutely-named Operation Freedom, critics will argue it shows he should speed up the UK's cautious release from lockdown.

Gibraltar's bars and restaurants can now stay open until 2am and face masks must be worn in shops but can be taken off outdoors.

All shops are open now - including non-essential ones - and to get into bars and restaurants no-one needs to show any kind of vaccine passport."

Sauce.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
I don't suppose it's occurred to you that the global death rate is as low as it is because governments locked their populations down has it? Rolling Eyes

We're told that the situation in Brazil and the US is dire - bodies stacking up - but if you go by the mortality rate per capita the UK is worse:

UK - 1,890 per million
US - 1,668 per million
Brazil - 1,487 per million

Square that circle pls Wink

I'm not against lockdowns per se but what we actually got was a a year or so of misery just so we could keep a porous national border going for the convenience of business travellers who are chummy with the government Sad

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:
I don't suppose it's occurred to you that the global death rate is as low as it is because governments locked their populations down has it? Rolling Eyes

We're told that the situation in Brazil and the US is dire - bodies stacking up - but if you go by the mortality rate per capita the UK is worse:

UK - 1,890 per million
US - 1,668 per million
Brazil - 1,487 per million

Square that circle pls Wink

I'm not against lockdowns per se but what we actually got was a a year or so of misery just so we could keep a porous national border going for the convenience of business travellers who are chummy with the government Sad

I didn't even have to get my protractor out:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/brazil#daily-confirmed-deaths-how-do-they-compare-to-other-countries

The UK death rate isn't even close to the Brazilian when adjusted for population.

Your ball... Razz

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Your ball... Razz

Are you only counting this week, we know they are going up while ours is coming down but look here.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Most countries in Europe have had higher cases and deaths per capita than Brazil by some margin including us.

They always need a bete noire to act as example of how much worse it would be if populations don't comply.
Bolsonaro fits the bill as he's on of those nasty right wingers too and probably eats babies.
So it's Ok to make it sound like corpses are piled in the streets and everything in chaos . Just like it was here in May and January Laughing

BTW the plague island UK line going round at Christmas looks a bit schadenfreude now.

Last edited by doggone on 17:28 - 07 Apr 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Your ball... Razz

That page quotes the same numbers so I'm still none the wiser Thinking

Deaths per million is not a useful statistic?

<addendum>

Brazil has 3 times the deaths of the UK but 4 times the population, what am I missing?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Rubbish. The younger and healthier population will develop natural immunity, those concerned enough to have the vaccine will have it. Anti-vaccine types are going to be another vanishingly small part of the population. Vulnerable people who don't want the vaccine will take care of themselves, again a small number.

Ste wrote:
If the unvaccinated insist on being allow in then they're wanting the businesses to be operating at a loss with everyone else being inconvenienced just because they don't think they need the vaccine.

If everyone else in the place has been vaccinated, then it is just those who have chosen not to have it at any risk, which is shrinking all the time as natural immunity builds and vaccine take-up also increases, so it is their decision, their risk. Most of you are new to such risks - I've lived with them for 30 years, and have just got on with my life.

How many people are still dying or getting seriously ill from the virus here in the UK?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Last edited by chickenstrip on 17:36 - 07 Apr 2021; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:
Your ball... Razz

That page quotes the same numbers so I'm still none the wiser Thinking

Deaths per million is not a useful statistic?

<addendum>

Brazil has 3 times the deaths of the UK but 4 times the population, what am I missing?

I forgot to add the link in with the UK for comparison.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/brazil#daily-confirmed-deaths-how-do-they-compare-to-other-countries

There's a huge difference in the growth rates although I agree with your comment about porous borders. The infection rate here has been very low mainly because to get here you had to show proof that you were an essential worker or were on otherwise essential business.

Brazil is a car crash and it's going to get worse.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now.... I don't know if anyone has mentioned in here.
Our vulnerable and frontline workers are offered a flu vax every year to deal with on going flu variants.
It doe nothing to prevent the flu among the masses. Or not that I am aware or or if that is a real concern.

If covid19 is a mutating virus then it follows that the same vax rule may apply.

I have read/heard that the hope is that covid19 will mutate its self out of harms way to humans.

I don't know the science/maths on that theory though.

If the mutate out of our gene circle is true then why is the flu still with us?

I don't know enough about this so I'm going on FB to do some proper research.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:31 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

We should get the country moving again just so people don't have time to think about all this sh*t. They're just scaring themselves into psychosis.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
But, but.. my vaccine won't work unless you have one too... Laughing

Nope. My vaccine will work a treat irrespective of your conspiracy based paranoia. Thumbs Up Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Now.... I don't know if anyone has mentioned in here.
Our vulnerable and frontline workers are offered a flu vax every year to deal with on going flu variants.
It doe nothing to prevent the flu among the masses. Or not that I am aware or or if that is a real concern.

If covid19 is a mutating virus then it follows that the same vax rule may apply.

I have read/heard that the hope is that covid19 will mutate its self out of harms way to humans.

I don't know the science/maths on that theory though.

If the mutate out of our gene circle is true then why is the flu still with us?

The tendency is for viruses to mutate in a way that makes them less harmful to humans or other hosts. It's a decent survival strategy for the virus.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Islander wrote:

Nope. My vaccine will work a treat irrespective of your conspiracy based paranoia. Thumbs Up Laughing

Only for eight weeks though, because as well as no safety tests, no medium or long term efficacy studies have completed either.
Hardly seems worth the risk, unless you're a panic merchant I suppose.

Where did you get the 8 weeks nonsense from? No safety tests? They ran testing programmes on a large sample base. Long term efficacy? The vaccines should work as well as any other vaccine - there's no reason to suspect they won't. Regular (as in annual) boosters are hardly a hardship - we do that with flu vaccines already. You really should learn more about how vaccines work before making a fool of yourself with statements like that. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:50 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than have people show a vaccine passport, there could be a means of identifying someone who hasn't had a vaccine. That will eventually be the minority of peole anyway.

They could then be kept away from large social gatherings and people would be able to avoid them. They could of course still go to essential shops and things. And obviously to work, because we need them to keep paying tax.

It would need to be something highly visible, maybe some sort of symbol stitched to their clothing?

Eventually, once they have all been identified, they could be moved together to live in seperate city zones where they are at no risk of mingling with the majority of the population.

As numbers decrease, they could be concentrated into out of town camps. Useful work and essentials like food and water could be provided.

Surely that would be an elegant final solution?

Wait... What?

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:30 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Rather than have people show a vaccine passport, there could be a means of identifying someone who hasn't had a vaccine. That will eventually be the minority of peole anyway.

YES. Thank you brother "stinkywheel".

We shall paint a yellow star on the lapel of their suits, if they don't wear suits we shall dip a pin in ink & tattoo it on their foreheads. Only this way will we know who is the infidel.

If/when you sober, & I pray to my Gods that you pissed when you thought of this shoite, could you please give a little more thought to that which you wish everyone else to do?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:49 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no priapism but...

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/teen-endures-penis-erosions-with-coronavirus-150051006.html

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:51 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back scutler has no understanding of sarcasm amongst his other faults.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:53 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

If/when you sober, & I pray to my Gods that you pissed when you thought of this shoite, could you please give a little more thought to that which you wish everyone else to do?

Maybe I'm the one reading this wrong, but perhaps you ought to look up "sarcasm".

Edit: Beaten by Nobby. Great minds think alike, eh? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Eventually, once they have all been identified, they could be moved together to live in...

As numbers decrease, they could be concentrated into...

Scotland? Razz

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:58 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful, you may catch the marxism....

(It'll probably have something to working in the Air arena)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 37 of 84