Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Covid vaccine issue

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:27 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
JB, I just can't buy into your conspiracy theory about Stinkers being the type to build dynasties of sockpuppetry.

The man has too much common sense.

I've known him online (and off, memorably at a party in Thinking ?Yorkshire? Thinking ) - longer than almost everyone else I've known online (with the exception of the former editor of The Horse Back Street Choppers who I have actually STILL not met) ... and certainly longer than anyone I have known on BCF, even Clanger. I recall Stinkwheel under a different name on ratbike.org a very VERY long time ago.

He's just not the multiple sockpuppet type. He doesn't have the need for directionless vitriol or insecure childishness.

Not that he needs any sort of defence from any of us, being a proper man's man - but still ... I think you're barking up a wrong tree there, sweetie.

Now, I know we're all prone to the odd extra account here and there Shifty

But I think Stinkers has more than enough on his plate with real life, than to be bothered with a lot of pretend carryings-on, unlike some of the rest of the people here, whoever the fuck they are Laughing

I mean ... how many of us are there to entertain?
Not that many these days ... why any sane person would bother with more than a couple of "extra" accounts is beyond me.

You would do better to look elsewhere babe, if you're trying to work out who are the Gerry Andersons of the forum, producing vaguely entertaining but somewhat wooden and predictable puppets.

The JB sock/panties account does afford the forum a modicum of light entertainment from time to time.

We need a broad spectrum of Cuntributers to augment the forum's colour/color pallet.

He somewhat helps to fill the void created when MDF/Donk flounced.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 27 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Arrow Lifetime prescriptions of vitamins and gastrointestinal parasite treatments would have been cheaper.
Question

Possibly, 87 billion euros of public money has been put into vaccine development and purchases apparently.
Roughly £270 an adult.
Worming pills as a preventative (circa 80-99% effective as a prophylactic) and cost 20p every 2 weeks
As a treatment, circa 70-80%, a single course of £1 (leaves you with natural immunity, but you've been infected).

I don't think putting all eggs in one basket is a good idea, so vaccine development was of course a right thing to do. But in line with other stuff. Especially as we had to wait an unknown (to us anyway) timeline and its brand new tech (in human vaccine use).
Something that stopped 80%+ of healthcare workers from catching virus would have been really useful (still is).

Especially now the data coming out of Israel is showing very high infection rates in vaccinated.
estimating 5 months post jab, only 16% effective at stopping virus
So now we're into booster shots, that's circa another 5 billion euros and possibly more adverse reactions / compounding issues we have yet to unwrap.

I just think, if you have something that you know is safe (except for people on blood thinners), its dirt cheap and many doctors around the world say its effective and anecdotal evidence from hundreds of thousands / millions of patients then try it in a few big places (whole counties), you'll get people who say no/yes and get a good idea if its inline with the hype or not.
We didn't do that last winter (but had the data to have tried and should have).

What about this winter?

If Israel is right, we'll hit October at the end of the vaccines effective range. Then what? Boosters. More lockdowns. No one wants that (except the control freaks).

Maybe it will have burnt itself out by then and most people will have been exposed to one form or another. Especially as current vaccines seem only 40% effective at stopping infection

MCN wrote:
Pigeon, do you think that you contracted Teferitus?

Mr. Green

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 27 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not seen Teffers in an absolute AGE.
Is he still about?
Wub

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:10 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Maybe it will have burnt itself out by then and most people will have been exposed to one form or another.

I'm pretty sure this is the unspoken narrative in the UK. Peak viral exposure to co-incide with peak vaccine effect in the older age groups and lowest risk of seasonal complications.

As strategies go, it seems to have its merits.

Nobody would dare admit to it though.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

As strategies go, it seems to have its merits.
Nobody would dare admit to it though.

Agree. Maybe with the 10 million NHS waiting list, £100billion new debt, unemployment rates (if allowed to come to fruition), peoples mental states, and vaccinations for those at risk being available.
Maybe the "learn to live with it" will become more accepted.

I dont know though.

Seems a sizeable portion have lost their minds due to over stimulation of fear / anxiety (myself included on some levels).
I would say, hopefully people bounce back. But I'm not convinced the conspiracy theory to bring in digital tracking / identities and currencies isn't the goal, so there will just be more shite to come.

Vaccines are not sterilising, apparently quite possibly escape variants will originate in them (especially at 0-30% effective after 5 months phase) rather than the unvaccinated.
So possibly there will be more jabs and a push for "health pass" for jobs, supermarkets, schools etc
The constant raising of vaccines on a pedestal over natural immunity. Forcing people who probably don't need the shot, to get the shot. It doesn't seem right.

Italian study showed 0.32% reinfection over a year in 1600 people.
News from Israel says circa 1% are reinfections. Which compares quite well to the possible 40% first infection of vaccinated. Question is, what happens to the re-infection of the vaccinated who got infected. Does that also fall to less than 1% in line with natural, hopefully so.

Lots of stuff to shake out. Not convinced many of the mitigations will be for our benefit, or have material benefit. Am open to the idea there is an overriding goal of people with too much power and fairly sure we'll be pitted against each other to increase chances of success.
Stating the obvious.
circlescrave0... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:49 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Re: covid vax Reply with quote

circlescrave05 wrote:
California is considering a school vaccine mandate for children over 12. The state is exploring the possibility of a statewide mandate requiring children ages 12 and older to get vaccinated in order to attend schools, the state’s top public health official said Wednesday. To date, protecting young kids from COVID has been led by getting the adults around these young Californians to be vaccinated,” Ghaly said. “Soon, we hope, I hope — as a father of three kids under the age of 12 and a pediatrician — that we can soon vaccinate many of our students and wrap a thicker blanket of protection around these school communities.

Spam spam spam.

As a paediatrician (note the correct spelling) you should know that young children without co-morbidities are not at risk of death or serious illness from COVID.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:16 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this hysteria and finger-wagging in the press about the vaccine is getting really tedious now, especially as most of the people commenting on it don't know how the vaccine works. The vaccine is not especially effective at reducing the spread of the virus, and it does not make you immune from it. That is not it's purpose, transmission will reduce as more people catch the virus and gain immunity naturally.

The vaccine is designed to prevent or severely limit the risk of you becoming ill from the virus. You can still catch and spread it, you are just extremely unlikely to become ill from it. People who choose not to have the vaccine are only putting themselves at risk, they pose no more risk to the vaccinated, than those who have been jabbed.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:01 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Re: covid vax Reply with quote

circlescrave05 wrote:

I wish they all could be California
Girls

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:

The vaccine is designed to prevent or severely limit the risk of you becoming ill from the virus. You can still catch and spread it, you are just extremely unlikely to become ill from it. People who choose not to have the vaccine are only putting themselves at risk, they pose no more risk to the vaccinated, than those who have been jabbed.

This is spot on Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

My boss told me that I was selfish in not getting vaccinated, I told him the vaccine that he took is to protect him, not to protect others. As I already had covid (asymptotic) I didn’t feel I needed to get the vaccine. What people have been bleated to by the media is that ‘we’ unvaccinated pose the threat, but that’s total BS. The vaccine wasn’t made to prevent you from getting covid, vaccinated people, and people like me can still pass it on.
As for kids, let them all catch it, build up natural antibodies in the population and get back to normal.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:34 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
martin734 wrote:

This is spot on Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

My boss told me that I was selfish in not getting vaccinated, I told him the vaccine that he took is to protect him, not to protect others. As I already had covid (asymptotic) I didn’t feel I needed to get the vaccine. What people have been bleated to by the media is that ‘we’ unvaccinated pose the threat, but that’s total BS. The vaccine wasn’t made to prevent you from getting covid, vaccinated people, and people like me can still pass it on.
As for kids, let them all catch it, build up natural antibodies in the population and get back to normal.

U missed something.

The vaccine helps prevent those vaccinated from developing serious complications.

Prior infection doesn't mean you are any more immune to the virus than those vaccinated.

If you can, get the vaccine.

Don't listen too much to the '10 minute scientists'. (Scientists who have spent ten minutes studying science. Rolling Eyes )

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Don't listen too much to the '10 minute scientists'. (Scientists who have spent ten minutes studying science. Rolling Eyes )

But I should listen to you, right? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:21 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

But I should listen to you, right? Laughing

He's had the half hour version. Wink

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Prior infection doesn't mean you are any more immune to the virus than those vaccinated.

https://www.science.org/content/article/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital

"never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus. In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher."

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever meet a scientist, ANY scientist, I will not be held responsible for my actions.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retired GP says the decades old standard practice of aspirating injections should be done for vaccines to help avoid heart + liver issues.

Doesn't agree with WHO or CDC approach not to do it for these injections.

https://youtu.be/nBaIRm4610o

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
If I ever meet a scientist, ANY scientist, I will not be held responsible for my actions.

Oh yeah?

And how would one identify a scientist?

Mad looking eureka facial expression, white lab coat and spectacles positioned on their brow?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Oh yeah?

And how would one identify a scientist?

Mad looking eureka facial expression, white lab coat and spectacles positioned on their brow?

It'll do to start with.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:15 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Shit dude, you'll be fighting a whole slew of people! Shocked

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

That's an unusually stupid thing for you to say.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

You lot are worse than the followers of the various God Squads.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:55 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

As Neil Degrasse Tyson once said "Science works whether you believe it or not".

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

As Neil Degrasse Tyson once said "Science works whether you believe it or not".

Missed my point neatly there MarJay. But then you think CRT is a good thing, so that's hardly surprising, since you said so without even looking into what it claims, and instead assuming it must be what you would like it to be.

But yes, I know that Mr. Tyson is one of your pantheon of gods. Unfortunately, repeating his sermons is not going to guarantee you a place in science heaven, whatever that looks like. I can only hope you learned something useful from him while you were busy looking for quotes to make you look clever - in which you have failed miserably Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 08:33 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Missed my point neatly there MarJay. But then you think CRT is a good thing, so that's hardly surprising, since you said so without even looking into what it claims, and instead assuming it must be what you would like it to be.

Whoah, straw men, whataboutism, false claims AND ad hominems? Jeez dude I thought you were better than that.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Are you doing alright? Genuine question.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 43 of 84