Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda mtx125r bike cuts out 2 mins down road

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to The Workshop by stinkwheel (1 Mar 2021 - 16:41)
View previous topic : View next topic  

siMcfixit
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:28 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Honda mtx125r bike cuts out 2 mins down road Reply with quote

Some one. any one before the rest of the hair goes... Honda MTX 125 R. two clear pipes from the top of the carb.. any one know where they are supposed to go. I cant see any conection to the tank for them.
cheers..
bike gets 2 mins down the road and cuts out. wait a min or two and starts up again. have cleaned out carb and filters. tho i notice that the clear filter between the petrol tap and carb seems to have hardly any fuel visible in it. its almost like the bike goes through a bowlfull of fuel then struggles to refill. any ideas.
si

Last edited by siMcfixit on 19:03 - 01 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best add pictures and post in 'Workshop' section mate

F18
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:11 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Still in banter]
I didn't think that had a vacuum petcock.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:52 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joins 1st March 2021 has one crimson blob and one girl's pink blob?

Have you been a bad boy with the karma?

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 16:26 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is about how far a 125 will go on a float bowl's worth of fuel, so you have a problem with the fuel tap.

If it runs a vacuum tap, then make sure it has the vacuum pipe connected to make it work. If it's a normal off/on/res tap, then I would expect to find a blockage in the filter or a load of shit in the tank blocking up the whole tap.

If it has good fuel flow on reserve, it's a clogged tap filter. If it has crap fuel flow regardless of setting, you probably have a tank (and tap) full of shit.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:30 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a topic moved to another section gives your karma a fair dunt.

A blocked tank breather could cause similar problems. Try with the cap loose and see if the problem goes away.

siMcfixit
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:44 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.. thankyou for your advice. This runs with what I thought about the float bowl vs distance. Being an 87 french bike.. the tank was full of crap and a snail. pulled the filter to bits and scrubbed. now flows better on main aswell as reserve.. the two clear pipes were not vacums at all. but overflows from float bowl.. my mistake..
new fuel hoses and filter. carb stripped and cleaned again. messed with float hieght.. but can go back to that. just seemed like it was not dropping enough to let the fuel flow into the bowl.
now runs and runs.. doesnt like hills. but that could be a wieght thingy.. salad time.. Used a thread from 11 years ago on here to set up air idle ect and now way better. Next is the noisy bottom end. but projects are projects..and for what they are.. finding one here..france.. that is not a 2k barnfind is not easy.
Thanks again
si
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1