Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2021

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 05 Mar 2021    Post subject: MotoGP 2021 Reply with quote

To get the ball rolling; How many wins will Valentino Rossi get this year?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 06 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with 4.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 06 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many starts will MM 93 make?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 06 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^I like that less clickbaity question.

He is continually posting 'I'm getting fitter' pics and self motivational messages.

Calendar

I think Jerez 2nd May possibly Portugal April 18th.

If he completes either race then he's in the same boat as the others, as in finishing the whole season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 06 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 93 has pushed himself past his best, let Rossi have this year and recover. He knows more than anyone how much it's starting to hurt. And, let's face it, it's not like he's racing for a big pay cheque!

Norts1531
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to sound overly negative, but I think he'll be lucky to get podiums, never mind wins.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norts1531 wrote:
Don't want to sound overly negative, but I think he'll be lucky to get podiums, never mind wins.

Well MM 93 might be back to his usual self, get up to his usual on track antics and wrap up the championship in short order.

However, there are so many things stacked against him at the moment, that normal service being resumed seems unlikely.
He admitted it was an error making his initial comeback, he’s now had at least three operations, that we know of, to fix his arm and shoulder.
It has to be in the back of his mind that another, similar, injury could end his career, if that is the case I can’t see him ever having the edge he once had!

On top of that he's missed a whole season's race/track time, must be the most time he's spent off track since he first rode a bike of any sort!
Probably more importantly, he's missed a whole season of developing the bike Honda built, exclusively, for him!

I think he's in for an, extremely, tough time!

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree, tough year for MM93 - but you watch, he'll probably now blitz the first 3 races in a row Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken yesterday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev5nGXuXAAUmF2l?format=jpg&name=medium

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wasn't any good as a rider, he'd never have won as much as he has.

Look at what they did with Hutchies leg ...... This is a mental battle presuming the 'mechanics' are fixed.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 10 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt #93 knew the game. He tested his limits pre-race, and to some extent, toyed with his opponent during a race.
With one eye on the win, and one on his myth / legend going forward.
He enjoyed making a spectacle, hunting down prey and sitting with them And fighting the last few laps, but ultimately winning.

People remember and talk about the great battles, the final lap dices and last lap, last corner craziness.

People didn't like Michael Schumacher because he didn't just win, he won by lap 5 and made the next 2 hours breathtakingly dull (except for the diehard fans).
Lorrenzo on his good days, something similar. Ruthlessly fast and accurate. A joy for the diehard perfectionist. But joyless to those who enjoy the battle.

Marquez. 2021. I think we will see his Schumacher side. Or at least an attempt at it and perhaps not for long. To re-assert himself on the stage (and in his own mind).

Or none of that at all.

Whatever though, mane peoples confidence has grown and its shaping up to be another fascinating and exciting season. Thumbs Up

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 10 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi, zero wins, 1 podium on the 3rd step, resigns at the end of the year.

Marquez, back for the opening round, probably on the podium if not win it and qualify first.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen the video of Marc testing at Catalunya.

He's bang on it. Elbow down..pushing the limits of grip on his first flying lap. Laughing

Norts1531
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 19 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was answering the OP's question about Rossi, I wasn't referring to Marquez. As for Marquez, I think he'll race at Qatar but it'll just be to test his race-distance fitness. He surely won't be fighting any battles that he doesn't need to fight. After he's got Qatar out of the way I tink he'll always be a favourite to win at any track, but I think Miller is out there to prove a point this season and that is who my money is on for the 2021 title.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:

Marquez, back for the opening round, probably on the podium if not win it and qualify first.

Well I got this wrong.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/973132/1/marc-marquez-has-confirmed-he-will-miss-motogp-opener-qatar

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/03/22/marc-marquez-will-miss-the-opening-two-rounds-of-2021/364233

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't decide what to make of it all, it seems very odd.

The constant flip-flopping must be doing his head in. Neutral

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flip flopping does suggest they're not all that confident in the recovery yet! I wonder what they saw on the back of his testing days to make them hit pause on his season start?

Really looking forward to this season anyway, so much talent about now that it really is a tricky one to predict.

My guess is Rins and Miller down to the last race of the season decider. I reckon Pol will surprise too, top 5 maybe.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 25 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
15 of the last 19 champions could've missed the opening two races and still won

Thing is... say the bone in his arm has healed properly and he gets the muscle strength back will he be risk averse? His wins have come from pushing it more than any other rider. Plus he's got form for popping a shoulder.

My picks:

One of the '3' Yamahas Vinny Fabio and Franco.

Miller - if he stays mentally mature.
"Pecco" Bagnaia - I expect to see him near the front.
Rins and Mir- mebbe... the bikes aren't the most competitive.
Pol - A strong chance of making the top 5 by season's end.

The Aprilia's are coming.....Alex (sp) and his brother could be sharing some podiums.

Other stuff...

Savadori is 2 seconds slower than everyone...Aprilia may ditch him at some point and ask Dovi to sub. They have previous when it comes to ditching riders at short notice.

Rossi says he wants to do another 2 seasons...which raises a few questions.

Zarco has the current top speed in MotoGP 222.2mph

mentioned 3 Yams as one of them is 2yrs old....basically a different machine.

Last edited by Howling Terror on 15:29 - 26 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight aside

Does anyone know if any other channel is showing Moto GP highlights this year, i can only see BT Sport showing it so far, the last few years Quest was showing them

If not, then its no Moto GP for me this year Crying or Very sad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read somewhere (hey sue me) that it was hoped that quest tv would be showing highlights on Monday evening.

TV guide isn't showing anything as of yet.

If cash is tight the best way is to keep checking here. Laughing

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Read somewhere (hey sue me) that it was hoped that quest tv would be showing highlights on Monday evening.

TV guide isn't showing anything as of yet.

If cash is tight the best way is to keep checking here. Laughing

Its not so much that cash is tight, its just that Moto GP would be the only thing i would watch on the sport channels, i'm not interested in fussball, tennis, cricket or boxing, so unwilling to £25 per month just for Moto GP

It works out at around £15 per race over the 12 month susbscription

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it does, and until it becomes more popular or [insert other reasons here] it'll stay a niche sport in the uk.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get Bt through my EE account. It's a boost or bonus thing that costs nothing on the contract I have now. Last year it was £5 per month as an extra.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Yep it does, and until it becomes more popular or [insert other reasons here] it'll stay a niche sport in the uk.

Surely to be more popular, it's needs to be easier/cheaper to watch, while ever it's a pay to view sport, it'll stay niche (in the UK at least), unlike BSB and WSB

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 28 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagnaia.... the man was on fire.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8