Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2021

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Does anyone else wish the commentators wouldn't talk so much???

I wish we didn't have to watch pointless slo mo's, they missed a whole lap of the MotoGP race, because high res slo mo of nothing in particular.

Also why do the producers think we want to watch a grease monkey hold a out a pit board and I've yet to fathom out what is so, fcukin', interesting about watching the team, back in the garage, watching the race on a screen!

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 12 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/984768/1/yamaha-withdraws-vinales-unexplained-operation-motorcycle

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/08/12/yamaha-suspends-and-withdraws-vinales-from-austrian-gp/385291

https://the-race.com/motogp/yamaha-suspends-vinales-over-unexplained-bike-operation/

Talk about self-destruction, has he got mental health problems?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 12 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was them i'd be sick of his attitude and would use any means necessary to get him off the bike and out of harms way.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 12 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinales had so much potential when he came into MotoGP, and he's never fulfilled it. But sabotaging your own bike is just downright bizarre, even if Quartararo is being treated as the team No 1 (on merit to be fair).

Somewhat related, I still find it odd that a restart can lead to such completely different results though. Bagnaia was in 1st before the crash (admittedly it was only a couple of laps), but on the restart ended up 11th? Surely if you're fast on the day (even if you get swallowed up a little at the start) you'd end up somewhere near the front?

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
Bagnaia was in 1st before the crash (admittedly it was only a couple of laps), but on the restart ended up 11th? Surely if you're fast on the day (even if you get swallowed up a little at the start) you'd end up somewhere near the front?

He changed tyre compound between races. Turned out to be a poor move!

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Aleix will be eyeing up a nasty lunge on Marquez to return the favour from last weekend...

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MV has just posted that he'll reveal all soon.

The bloke is a dick...I don't care if Yam have been x-y-z with him.
He attempted to wreck the engine and that means everyone who has worked hard on his bike have been treated as tw@ts too.

To purposely score an own goal and then get suspended, only to turn up a week later at the next match wearing the team kit is frankly ment-ment. Laughing

I don't want to see Cal topping up his massive pension and not laying it on the line...Put a hungry Moto2 rider on it.

MM is still wrecked...rubbing right shoulder in the FP sessions. His tolerance to the cortisone injections must be increasing...he'll be puking in his helmet next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
I wonder if Aleix will be eyeing up a nasty lunge on Marquez to return the favour from last weekend...

We can only hope!

Personally I don't think MM93 will ever get back to winning on a regular basis. If that does turn out to be the case, how long are HRC going to wait before they build a bike that someone else can actually ride?

IMO, HRC have dropped the ball, big time, the other manufacturers have caught up, leaving MM93 no choice but to be on the, absolute, ragged edge to be in with any chance of a podium. But that was always going to be the case when they put all their eggs in one basket.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 14 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick has apologised.

He's riding for Aprilia next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 14 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the moment he's riding for Aprilia next season. I can't believe at that level that someone would make such an obviously dick move.

Either he's not well or he's really not well and needs some time out to sort his head out. There's nothing wrong with his bike.

When you hear them talk about how Rossi is actually faster than he ever was but that it's the others who have got even faster, for MM93 to be even in the mix is impressive.

Should be an interesting race tomorrow - can't remember the last time i said that about F1.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 15 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive balls. Shocked

That was exciting.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 15 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an incredible race! One of the best for a while.

I'm not a huge Rossi fanboy but I did honestly hold my breath for a moment on the last lap or so, I suspect that will be his last shot at podium #200.

Great stuff by BB more of a YOLO than calculated risk but it sure worked out!

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 20 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected Yamaha have "sacked" Vinales

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/08/20/yamaha-and-vinales-end-2021-agreement/387214

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 20 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ever there was 2 press releases written and posted by the same legal team.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 29 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silverstone!

Can't say I've ever taken to MM93, however he has gone full bellend now!

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 29 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So chuffed for Aprilia! Well deserved.

6 manufacturers in the top 6 is a huge achievement for the series too.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 29 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw some random gp on youtube the other day. some of the riders were shoving their legs out to the side they were about to turn, then putting their foot back on the peg and leaning in. why do they do this? i thought it looked quite weird.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:55 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Silverstone!

Can't say I've ever taken to MM93, however he has gone full bellend now!

Yep.

I was there yesterday and didn't see that crash, but it was blatantly a "I'm going to throw myself at the guy who almost knocked me off a second ago" move, after I watched the replay today.

Nice work for Quatararo, Disappointed at Mir, but apparently his rear tyre delaminated so he did well to finish. Gutted that Rossi didn't do better, especially when I was at Donnington in 2000 when he won his first 500 race. But it does seem fitting that I was present at his last UK race too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
saw some random gp on youtube the other day. some of the riders were shoving their legs out to the side they were about to turn, then putting their foot back on the peg and leaning in. why do they do this? i thought it looked quite weird.

"The Doctors Dangle".

Supposedly helps with bike stability and weight shift on the way into the corner or something.

Iirc there have been a few attempts to understand the physics behind it with little success at actually identifying anything solid.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

"The Doctors Dangle".

Supposedly helps with bike stability and weight shift on the way into the corner or something.

Iirc there have been a few attempts to understand the physics behind it with little success at actually identifying anything solid.

Tried it on my Goldwing, makes F All difference

OGR

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducati launch systems.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-Xc4ebWUAMmpfz?format=jpg&name=medium

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't the 'doctors dangle' start around the time brakes were linked and a back brake lever was added to the rh bar? As a blocking tactic to make yourself wider as much as anything else? VR was never one for the gadgets!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linked brakes on a GP bike?!?

I must have missed that. Smile

I'm just going out on a limb here...ahem...But I strongly suspect that the doctor's dangle wasn't solely invented by Vale. Grass trackers...speedway also employ it even if it's for different and practical reasons.

This forum of armchair racers possibly isn't the best place to get the definitive answer, and from reading articles each rider has their own take on why they do it....some don't even know why themselves.

Does sticking a leg out really stop overtakes....nah...leave a gap and all's fair in love and a podium....but hey ever seen Leon Haslam drop a leg...I mean it's a miracle he's still got 2 legs. Very Happy

Increases drag? Yes, physics answers that one but there are many many world champions who don't drop a leg whilst braking heavily into a corner so it if was wholly effective they'd all do it....and with both legs....obviously not at the same time...but maybe the next generation will. Smile

Body positioning and that extra weight on the inside? Maybe.

Thumb brakes have been around for decades for loadsa reasons...everything from riders wearing out their toes due to ground clearance issues to riders in the current era using the rear brake to help turn the bike in a corner. Better feel from a thumb brake too.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:43 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure doohan had the first thumb brake in the senior class of racing after he fucked his right leg.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. Had his ankle bones fused together, Mat Oxley just told me (ex-racer turned journo).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8