Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Getting an ASBO for a neighbour.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Getting an ASBO for a neighbour. Reply with quote

I'm at the end of my tether, for those that remember 'Doreen' the rat lover next door to me died of Covid. Her next door neighbour is an absolute nightmare. I've managed to access 'her' house back garden to photograph all the rubbish she has put out. Literally 50 or 60 bin bags that have decayed to the point of not holding the shit filled nappies and takeaway food she threw out in them.

Any idea how myself and the neighbour the other side of her could get an ASBO issued against her to help with a council eviction. She is Asian but speaks like she's a black woman. She thinks everyone is afraid of her she is a proper gangster in her book. She's 2 young kids that also look battered, police constantly on her door. She's going nowhere, oh an Mrs King has gone back to her mothers, I'm on my tod and can't sleep. Life is grim. Yes and the worst bit, the rats have babies now, hundreds of the little buggers terrorising the neighbourhood. Oh and I missed a mortgage payment last month.

https://i.imgur.com/HscCzZh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vho9uaR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/z94go0P.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/71Z3kAA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZBxCbFB.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried mindfulness to calm your jitters?
I understand its very helpful.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rishi is not my mate, 80% of a shit wage to live on, wife fucked off and probably won't come back and emptied the joint account before she left. The car failed it's mot and even Meg the cat won't sit on my lap anymore. Still chin up, life goes on.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late to this. I vaguely recall you mentioning rubbish issues before but can't remember what advice was given.

Only the local authority can apply for an ASBO, and they're not called ASBOs anymore. However, no matter......

You're looking at an environmental health issue here. Contact your local authority EH dept and report it. If the LA or a housing association is her landlord, report the situation to them as well.

Sorry can't help with the Mrs King situation, but for Meg, my advice to tempt her back to your lap is to put sardines (pilchards would work just as well) in your pants.

HTH Thumbs Up

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
but for Meg, my advice to tempt her back to your lap is to put sardines (pilchards would work just as well) in your pants.

HTH Thumbs Up

Pilchards? Sardines pppfffffffft. Unless it's from Lily's Kitchen she turns her nose up at it, she costs me a fortune. I don't mind, love her to bits.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditch the cat and get a dog.
would be a shame if all that rubbish caught fire.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:47 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff like this makes me feel like I have a fantastic life.

Move out. Got nothing holding you there, even the Mrs gave up on your wasteman life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
ditch the cat and get a dog.
would be a shame if all that rubbish caught fire.

I know it's breaking the law, but if I was anywhere near the situation you are in and the police or environmental health didn't do anything, I'd turn into a neighbour from a much worse hell than the dirty bitch comes from.

I like making fire.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I like making fire.

Issue is it's so close to the house. She has 2 kids, knowing my luck I'd be the next Michael Philpot. There is also a gas main that runs under the gardens, imagine if that went up!
JackButler This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

Aaah, I see. You just a piece of shit really aren't you.

how to make friends and influence people Shocked

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:32 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/58/3b/fe/583bfeff1a6812e1fc852269fa42b053.jpg

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Pigs are actually quite a clean animal, they can be observed not only keeping their own sty in order but the sty of any neighbours as well. Rather than live in this filth, have you considered the possibility of a bit of housekeeping on her behalf? After all, it seems to be YOU that is sufferring most.

Rishi isn't the reason your life is shit. YOU are the reason your life is shit, it's just easier for you to blame everyone else. Have you considered the prospect of taking control of your own destiny???

Jack woke up and chose violence Laughing

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 12:16 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move. If you buy another house, get it properly surveyed and check out the neighbourhood before buying. It's a good idea to just sit outside the prospective house in your car for 15 minutes or so, window slightly open. If curtains twitch, it means neighbours are keeping an eye. If someone walks up and tries to sell you drugs, it means you can assess the availability and cost of drugs in the area.

The street is not going to improve.

Meanwhile, if the neighbour already has police at her door all the time then she's going to be on the radar of the council. Doesn't mean anything is going to happen. Councils tend to get entry into properties by consent, and she isn't going to give consent. To forcibly enter a property and take action is significantly more tricky, and is likely to require a co-ordinated response with the police to guarantee the safety of whoever is going in.

Best thing you can do is report it in to any part of the council who might have an interest, and hope they talk to each other. Environmental health for the rubbish and rats (which are linked), housing association because the condition of their property is affecting your house, and your physical and mental health. Child services is a useful angle - they probably already have a file on her.

Don't tell them you broke in and took photos. You're just a neighbour being concerned about yourself, your cat, and her kids.

And then watch nothing happen. You're already on the shit street where they put the problem cases. They aren't going to evict her - that would mean putting her somewhere else. Best case, environmental health may clean up the rubbish and the kids may get taken into care, at which point you have an angry neighbour with nothing to lose, blaming everyone around her. Stab vest recommended.

Move.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

Yeah, if you want my come back you'll have to scrape it off your mums teeth...

Environmental health have given her 3 weeks to clear the rubbish up unbeknown to me, I rang them this morning. It expires Friday 12th, end of this week. They then fine her.

Short of ordering her Pizza/Taxi's and supergluing her locks and the gas meter card input slot on the front of her house and spraying 'DIRTY P**I BITCH' on her front door, I'm all out of options. Paddy has suggested I move on more than one occasion, good in theory BUT I have a mortgage and loan on that mortgage so options are limited.

The only good news is the reason Meg won't sit still anymore is that she is on heat. I'll get her spayed as soon as possible, it tends to quiet them down, my wife got done a few years ago, where they take it all away and just leave the box it come in - hysterectomy. She is still as aggressive as ever though, maybe it's different in cats?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
my wife got done a few years ago, where they take it all away and just leave the box it come in - hysterectomy

Meh, wives are overrated. Cost you money, give you grief when you go out with your mates and take your stuff off you in the end. Probably why I am going to be strategically never-married.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 17:59 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Paddy has suggested I move on more than one occasion, good in theory BUT I have a mortgage and loan on that mortgage so options are limited.

First, go and get your cat spayed now.

Second, your options may be limited but have you explored them at all? Assuming you aren't in negative equity, then the fees you're realistically looking at are the general moving house costs, and possibly some penalty fee on the mortgage - although you can probably get that down to an admin fee by staying with the same provider and moving. Or getting a broker to talk to them on your behalf.

I doubt the house is worth anywhere near enough to consider stamp duty, so you should be able to get moved to something of the same value - so smaller, but better area - for a hit of £5-10k. A year's worth of rent payments to live somewhere without rats.

Also, if you're on furlough, you have time to tart the place up a bit for sale. Fresh paint, lampshades, clean curtains and a seriously clean kitchen and bathroom makes a big difference. It moves buyers from the mindset of "what a shithole" to "I could live with this for a few months until I get round to sorting it".

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:12 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
worth of rent payments to live somewhere without rats.

Also, if you're on furlough, you have time to tart the place up a bit for sale. Fresh paint, lampshades, clean curtains and a seriously clean kitchen and bathroom makes a big difference.

From what I've heard of the general quality of the house, the state of the electric and whatever nightmare Mr Patel has left with the gas side, it's going to be trying to chuck glitter on a turd.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

From what I've heard of the general quality of the house, the state of the electric and whatever nightmare Mr Patel has left with the gas side, it's going to be trying to chuck glitter on a turd.

I've had a bash at the electrics and the only problem is if you have the upstairs lights on the downstairs won't come on without blowing tripping the fuse and vice versa. This I think is a good feature as it means you switch the lights off when leaving a room. Any exposed wires I've put proper electrical tape on so Meg can't do herself a mischief when batting the odd cable, the rest of the house is 'ok', the tiles that fell off the bathroom wall by the shower have had strong Gorilla tape put over the gaps. It's not as bad as it sounds. I've rented worse when I was a student.

https://i.imgur.com/cBZdO8D.jpeg

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:05 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you manage to buy such a shit house? Even the most incompetent surveyor would have provided a report with lots of red on it.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unlucky.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
King29 wrote:
my wife got done a few years ago, where they take it all away and just leave the box it come in - hysterectomy

Meh, wives are overrated. Cost you money, give you grief when you go out with your mates and take your stuff off you in the end. Probably why I am going to be strategically never-married.

Your user name suggests that your being unmarried is in no way strategic Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:29 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I'm unlucky.

It's not unlucky, it's incompentance on the side of the surveyor to the level that you should be able to sue them.

Unless, of course, you bought it at auction but then no mortgage.

When I sold my last house, the surveyor found stuff that not even I knew about. Specifically a leak in the chimney, which I reduced the price for for £600. The amount the surveyor reckoned it would cost to fix.

Polo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP makes me feel better about my life. Thank You.

Get a friend to torch the pile whilst you are shopping in a heavily cctv'd area.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:54 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

I've had a bash at the electrics and the only problem is if you have the upstairs lights on the downstairs won't come on without blowing tripping the fuse and vice versa.

WTF

King29 wrote:

Any exposed wires I've put proper electrical tape on so Meg can't do herself a mischief when batting the odd cable,

WTF
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3