Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Professionals Spoof

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

droog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:29 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Professionals Spoof Reply with quote

This might make you laugh if you were a fan of 'The Professionals' back in the day;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtssVsgo3ss

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, particularly as I have no TV as of this afternoon. Lockdown weekend fever and a desire to accumulate man points saw me disassembling my near-10 year old 32” TV to fix a shadow on the flat screen. Turned out there was a section of thin rubber strip which had fallen across some of the perimeter LEDs. Unfortunately, while I did fix that issue completely it appears I over tightened the top corner screws and damaged the screen, resulting in deep black marks there. Doh! The screen damage was obvious on second disassembly. Then when I had trouble getting everything aligned again I just gave up on it. Looking at a bigger replacement now. Pound Coin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

droog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:18 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Very good, particularly as I have no TV as of this afternoon. Lockdown weekend fever and a desire to accumulate man points saw me disassembling my near-10 year old 32” TV to fix a shadow on the flat screen.

Yeah - I always look into the possibility of DIY repair of larger electrical items rather than just chucking them out and replacing - this new piece of 'right to repair' legislation with the emphasis on spare parts availability might make DIY repair an even more viable proposition - presuming the spare parts are reasonably priced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56340077

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Very good, particularly as I have no TV as of this afternoon. Lockdown weekend fever and a desire to accumulate man points saw me disassembling my near-10 year old 32” TV to fix a shadow on the flat screen. Turned out there was a section of thin rubber strip which had fallen across some of the perimeter LEDs. Unfortunately, while I did fix that issue completely it appears I over tightened the top corner screws and damaged the screen, resulting in deep black marks there. Doh! The screen damage was obvious on second disassembly. Then when I had trouble getting everything aligned again I just gave up on it. Looking at a bigger replacement now. Pound Coin

Should have left it to a professional.
Dance!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:21 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droog wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Very good, particularly as I have no TV as of this afternoon. Lockdown weekend fever and a desire to accumulate man points saw me disassembling my near-10 year old 32” TV to fix a shadow on the flat screen.

Yeah - I always look into the possibility of DIY repair of larger electrical items rather than just chucking them out and replacing - this new piece of 'right to repair' legislation with the emphasis on spare parts availability might make DIY repair an even more viable proposition - presuming the spare parts are reasonably priced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56340077

There the issue of competency over ambition to worry about. Shocked

droog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:34 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

There the issue of competency over ambition to worry about. Shocked

The story of my life . . Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1