Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pick your own laws to follow..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Pick your own laws to follow.. Reply with quote

The Police are currently under fire for arresting people at the recent vigil for the sadly murdered Sarah Everard. A few were arrested for public order and coronavirus regulation breaches apparently when about 1500 gathered in South London. There’s calls for Cressida Dick to resign it seems.
My question is where can I read the list that tells me which rules / laws I can safely ignore and which must I follow? Why are the public screaming that they shouldn’t be hauled away in cuffs when the same public can’t wait to cry for blood at other unauthorised gatherings?
I’m not sure where to look - although if the Green Party member gets her way I’ll be locked up in my house after 6pm anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people weren't moaning about the old bill arresting all the women, they'd be moaning about them not arresting lots of women all pressed up against each other during a pandemic. She may have a shit name, but Ms Dick would've been wrong whatever she did.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem here is lack of consistency of approach by the police. There have been protests during the various lockdowns and restrictions that have been allowed to happen without direct police action. Given that one of their own is in the frame, it would have been a lot wiser to apply discretion to this one rather than taking direct action.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Re: Pick your own laws to follow.. Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
although if the Green Party member gets her way I’ll be locked up in my house after 6pm anyway.

Now that a copper has been done for the murder do you think she's going to suggest blanket banning police after 6pm?
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of their own being "the Bad Guy" isn't going to make it easy under any circumstance, as we well know.

I think it was disgraceful* that there were shoutings of "Shame on You". Although I guess maybe something happened at the vigil that the "vigilantes" thought was unfair. Who knows.

Anyway, the murder went straight to the Police Investigation thingie, and (so far) there seems to have been no cover up - except by the perp and his Mrs - a fucking builders bag, disgraceful*. Mad

It was not one of those frontline police who murdered the girl.
At that level, they probably didn't even know their colleague was done for perviness the week before. Probably didn't even know who he was.

*disengages Mrs Slocombe mode, accidentally slipped in there Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:29 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a solution, tell them noone will be fined but anyone who attended now has to self-isolate for 14 days, under threat of a much bigger fine if they don't.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:01 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Policing is becoming a joke. Allow them to police and back them up or just give up.

Second thoughts, Lets have a candle lit demonstration about police picking on bikers because we are a minority group in time for summer. #No speed camera vans in the peak district. Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The protest vigil (Jess Phillip’s hasty correction on the Andrew Marr show Laughing ) got exactly what it wanted, and it was going to go that way whatever. The organisers had been in discussions with the police and couldn’t find a way to enable ‘safe havens’ so they called it off and held a national “doorstep vigil” instead. Not good enough for the activists though. Ribenapigeon got it right on the SJW thread when he said this was some kind of pre-packaged campaign just waiting for a trigger. I think the curiously-timed story about Princess Latifa (Dubai’s missing princess) a month ago was part of that plan but it went off like a damp squib.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:04 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been a trial for the suspect other than trial by media as part of the rabble?
It's a little ironic that the deceased was allegedly a marketing manager.

Where are the judges that stuck Mr Robinson in jail for interviewing convicts outside a court when you need them.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 15:35 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police are trying to avoid a repeat of the 2011 Mark Duggan case and subsequent rioting. Possibly worse, because after a year of lockdown people have a lot of steam to blow off.

Likewise, they have to have a presence at the vigil and carry out a few arrests to reflect the fact that the gathering was illegal, because permission had been declined. I expect the people arrested will be released quickly and quietly without charge.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
Has there been a trial for the suspect other than trial by media as part of the rabble?.

He's been in court at Westminster Mags yesterday, next scheduled for the 16th of March at the Old Bailey.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
I expect the people arrested will be released quickly and quietly without charge.

Although her with the red hair will probably be the Rosie Riveter of the millenial generation for a bit.

Maybe she was just arrested for not wearing her mask properly over her chin or something, I dunno. *shrug*
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Never mind the six year old's getting their heads cut off,

What are you talking about this time?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

What are you talking about this time?

I'll wager:

Mozambique insurgency: Children beheaded

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well are you going to show us your junk link?
I've been googling people all bloody day, and now I'm too tired and fractious to google for more weirdness, unless it relates to liquid chocolate and sturdy men wearing nothing but army boots.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite often wonder ... y'know that song called "You're moving out today", really old song from the 70s, where she's chuckin' out her wanky boyfriend and all his belongings, and there's a line that says "Your map of Mozambique, your waterbed that leaks".

I always wonder why that guy has a map of Mozambique.
Thinking

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't fret too much once the new policing bill gets through.

Then who knows the old sus laws will return in full.

Just like the good old days eh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/MHTsG33x/patsy2.jpg

So she is a 'Crisis Actor'?

How did you get from her being a Model/Actor to Crisis Actor?

Please be specific, I'm not one for pie in the sky ramblings, or 'do some research', which is the generic response from the fruitbats I usually encounter when asked for sources of their outlandish claims.

I doubt you'll have anything eye opening to share.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:14 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
women all pressed up against each

hellkat wrote:
vig

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:17 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

chuck her the keys to the pie cupboard, plus a can of red bull and she'd be pretty fit

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:34 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

This is the one, I think, that was yelling at the police in full view of cameras and good lighting wanting to know why they didn't arrest the guy until he had murdered someone.

Arrest and throw in prison before the crime. Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2