Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Men vs. Women

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:36 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
As for stopping rapists I recommend the Glock 19.

I suppose the trend is towards bigger handbags these days but I'd have thought a Glock 26 more suitable if 9mm parabellum is your thing.

The 26 is a nice handbag gun, but most women in Israel carried the Glock 22 for protection. The .40 S&W provides much more stopping power than the 9mm Para, but less chance of over penetration. Lots of guys and girls in the police and military chose this as their issue sidearm. Though I preferred the Jericho 941 in .41AE flavour.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there many cases of unlawful or unreasonable use of firearms by women in Israel?
Not that I think introducing the carrying of firearms by the general public is the way for the UK to go. Better to improve police presence and training and bolster the law where necessary.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:03 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Are there many cases of unlawful or unreasonable use of firearms by women in Israel?
Not that I think introducing the carrying of firearms by the general public is the way for the UK to go. Better to improve police presence and training and bolster the law where necessary.

Not really, but under Israeli law, military, police and security forces personnel are permitted and sometimes even required to carry a firearm when off duty. Many civilians are also permitted to carry weapons as well. Given that a very large proportion of the Israeli population is either a member of the regular or reserve forces the number of adults who routinely carry firearms is surprisingly high. Though this does not mean that gun crime is rife, it is certainly far lower than in the USA. This is usually attributed to the fact that people who regularly carry weapons tend to be properly trained and disciplined in their use, though of course there is more gun crime than in the UK as there are far more weapons in circulation and they are much easier to obtain.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:28 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're playing fantasy handguns. I'd go 5.7 x 28. Because magdump, also it will make a hole right through anything it hits and even a girl could fire one.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a very different scenario in Israel, what with its situation in the Middle East, surrounded by countries that have a high level of hostility towards it. Not at all comparable with the UK, although I'm beginning to wonder sometimes about the posturing of the EU on our doorstep Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
If we're playing fantasy handguns. I'd go 5.7 x 28. Because magdump, also it will make a hole right through anything it hits and even a girl could fire one.

Yeah, if it's moar rounds vs bigga rounds then moar is moar betta Smile

Since the lockdown, riots and so forth in America the number of so-called liberals buying gun for the first time has sky rocketed. Guns are easy to get, proper training not so much. A few ad hock surveys have found these new customers can't hit a barn door at point-blank Shocked Certainly not with the first shot. Anyhoo, I would imagine the intent is to fend off a potential attacker rather than drop a rhino Smile

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

I suppose the trend is towards bigger handbags these days but I'd have thought a Glock 26 more suitable if 9mm parabellum is your thing.

The 26 is a nice handbag gun, but most women in Israel carried the Glock 22 for protection. The .40 S&W provides much more stopping power than the 9mm Para, but less chance of over penetration. Lots of guys and girls in the police and military chose this as their issue sidearm. Though I preferred the Jericho 941 in .41AE flavour.

Well a .40 will definitely prevent reoffending Laughing

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
A few streets away from the station the small group of commuters had dispersed and I was several yards behind a young woman whose stride was shorter than mine. I was aware that this might be an uncomfortable situation so I slowed down, I might have crossed the road too, but footsteps behind might still have worried her. Don’t know what I could do about it, I just wanted to get home.

You've hit the nail right on the head here.

Man: Thinks - I'll just slow down a bit now so she doesn't think I'm going to attack her. Moves on to thinking about the fun evening out he's just had, where he's going on tomorrow's ride-out, what bike he's going to buy next, blah, blah.

Woman: God this is a nasty dark road, I hope I don't meet some weirdo who's going to attack me. Oh bugger it there's some bloke walking behind and there's no-one else around. Keep calm, it'll be fine. Oh fuck, he's slowed down... bastard's following me for sure. Shit shit shit. How much further have I got to go now? At least I haven't got me heels on and I can try and make a run for it if I have to. Christ he's still there. Right, where are my keys - it's knuckle-duster time again. Breathe, breathe... There's a house up ahead with lights on - maybe I could knock on the door, and wait there till Mr Creepy has gone? No, let's keep going, it'll be OK. Fuck, why did I decide to walk; why didn't I just get a taxi with the others? I know what, I'll get my phone out and give my imaginary boyfriend a ring and loudly tell him "Hi darling I'm just up the road now and will be home in a few minutes. Love you". That might put him off. Just keep calm it's going to be OK. Right, here's home at last - but shit I can't just go in because then he'll know where I live... I'll turn left first and go once round the block first to lose him; and if he follows me that's it, I'm dialling 999...

Man: Right, that's decided then, I'm definitely having a Street Triple

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A few ad hock surveys have found these new customers can't hit a barn door at point-blank

Handguns are surprisingly hard to shoot and take a fair bit of practice to get good. 5.56mm rifles on the other hand, you could quite easily train a child with an SA80 to hit a man sized target at 600 meters 1 out of every 3 rounds.

Thing is even if they can't hit a barn door at 20 meters, would you as an assailant want to risk they can't hit you at least once as you close that gap and they dump the magazine in your direction Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Man: Thinks - I'll just slow down a bit now so she doesn't think I'm going to attack her. Moves on to thinking about the fun evening out he's just had, where he's going on tomorrow's ride-out, what bike he's going to buy next, blah, blah.

Woman: God this is a nasty dark road, I hope I don't meet some weirdo who's going to attack me. Oh bugger it there's some bloke walking behind and there's no-one else around. Keep calm, it'll be fine. Oh fuck, he's slowed down... bastard's following me for sure. Shit shit shit. How much further have I got to go now? At least I haven't got me heels on and I can try and make a run for it if I have to. Christ he's still there. Right, where are my keys - it's knuckle-duster time again. Breathe, breathe... There's a house up ahead with lights on - maybe I could knock on the door, and wait there till Mr Creepy has gone? No, let's keep going, it'll be OK. Fuck, why did I decide to walk; why didn't I just get a taxi with the others? I know what, I'll get my phone out and give my imaginary boyfriend a ring and loudly tell him "Hi darling I'm just up the road now and will be home in a few minutes. Love you". That might put him off. Just keep calm it's going to be OK. Right, here's home at last - but shit I can't just go in because then he'll know where I live... I'll turn left first and go once round the block first to lose him; and if he follows me that's it, I'm dialling 999...

Man: Right, that's decided then, I'm definitely having a Street Triple

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh, but the punch line caught me just right Laughing
I did stop short of giving you karma though, so I'm in the clear, right?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
A few ad hock surveys have found these new customers can't hit a barn door at point-blank

Handguns are surprisingly hard to shoot and take a fair bit of practice to get good. 5.56mm rifles on the other hand, you could quite easily train a child with an SA80 to hit a man sized target at 600 meters 1 out of every 3 rounds.

Thing is even if they can't hit a barn door at 20 meters, would you as an assailant want to risk they can't hit you at least once as you close that gap and they dump the magazine in your direction Laughing

True but the FN 5.7mm is an exception. It has a rifle like centrefire round, the bullet is more like the diameter of a .22 and it shoots really flat with quite low recoil. The only downside is that you would need big hands to hold it, its very chunky.

As for rifles a Tavor would be a nice choice, although I would need a left handed variant or I'd get a face full of hot casings. The only problem is that you usually don't know if someone is a threat or not when they are a few hundred meters away unless you're in the army and they are wearing the wrong flag. If we are talking about real world self defence rather than just joking then my position is 12 gauge shotgun for one simple reason: the real battle takes place in a courtroom. A 12G with buckshot you can stop a threat with one round, and that presents much better in court. Half a mag of 9mms, while reasonable IMO, does make you look a bit psycho!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a variation on the old meme:

https://i.imgflip.com/51ypap.jpg

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
This is to the OP, I'll deal with the rest of you later Rolling Eyes

Well done in making your daughter's fear all about you. You poor, hard done-to fellow Rolling Eyes

Instead of ranting on about how this reflects on men, stop and think about how you help her with her fear and help her adopt strategies to manage her own safety and give her reassurance. Her fear maybe disproportionate at the moment, but it is real.

Trust me, she's not safe, wherever you live. No woman is. Murder and serious assaults are perpetrated by men on women, rarely, but low level approaches and threats happen to women and girls EVERY SINGLE DAY.

She's on the verge of puberty, in a few short years she'll be walking home and will experience cat-calling, propositions, unsolicited comments and worse. She'll get this from schoolboys, male passers by, van drivers, builders, lorry drivers and maybe even taxi drivers. She'll mainly shrug these off but cumulatively this sort of harassment - because that's what it is - wears women down and becomes the norm. It's not fucking "banter" it is an assumption by men that women are fair targets for their leery frustrations and aggressions.

The outrage being expressed by women now is because the recent murder crystallises the worst end of the spectrum of male abuse, yet this sort of daily abuse is treated by the police as not worthy of intervention. Consequently when the worst kind of man continues unchallenged with this sort of behaviour and gets away with it, he may progress to worse crime, murder, rape, assault.

So, be a dad. Stop whining on about how men are demonized and teach your daughter strategies for keeping safe. Teach her that this men will behave this way towards her, that it's not acceptable.

^^^This.

Be respectful, be honest, be yourself and there's enough vadge for everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:23 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
What's the agenda?

Why do you even need to ask? The usual: money and power. Tug on some heart strings, get half a million quid to thumb your nose at the law. Make some gullible idiot feel uneasy...

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/dpr_2.0/c_crop,h_1687,w_1687,x_900,y_-1/c_limit,w_128/d_placeholder_euli9k,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1563996046/190724-hines-boris-tease_e1wos6

...get yourself an all-women commission to keep pushing the agenda.

Grifting on murder. Is there any way to stoop lower without back surgery? Shocked

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:36 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
If they are not careful, women will find themselves being utterly and totally ignored by the majority of men for fear of being asccused of doing something untoward.

Then the only people who will talk to, look at or otherwise interact with them will be the arseholes.

Already happening, more red pill content on you tube than you can shake a stick at. More and more men are realising the
whole game is rigged against them and non participation is the only way to come out on top.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/young-adults-especially-men-having-sex-less-frequently

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:34 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were mentions on this very forum about the rising Pr0nHub usage, YouTube videos where feminists cry about men not wanting to date them, honourable and decent* politicians in Scotland being accused of all sorts when they fall out of political favour and then on the JBP Triggernometry interview they were talking about more economic things but I think the line was something like:

"...and if you're going to rig the game you'll find people will go off and play by themselves."

It was a bit about how kids negotiate contracts from a very early age when they make up games to play together. (Which is a very old observation that JBP keeps banging on about, almost in every interview.) But yes, scream "go f*ck yourself!" in peoples' faces often and loudly enough and eventually they'll walk away and go do that.

Maybe that's a good thing. Certainly the world could do with less idiots being born but places like Russia and China don't entertain such progressive thinking and are quite happy to stand by and watch the West burn.

*I made that bit up.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Man: Thinks [...]
I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh, but the punch line caught me just right Laughing
I did stop short of giving you karma though, so I'm in the clear, right?

Re-reading my post I think it came over that I was slagging off snowflakey women and that this is all their problem, not men's. Actually, that's the exact opposite of what I intended.

I get that women being followed home up a dark street by a man are likely to be shit scared. If I'm the man in that situation I'll likely speed up and cross the road while passing her to put her at her ease. It's really not hard - why wouldn't you? This week I've also read about blokes in that scenario who would even fake making a phone call chatting to a mate to 'prove' they are not a threat - that might be taking things a bit far though.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
places like Russia and China don't entertain such progressive thinking and are quite happy to stand by and watch the West burn.

Russia and China already did all their progressive thinking to get them where they are (or were in the case of the Soviet Union, but Putin has certainly taken advantage of it). We're behind. I suggest we speed things up, get the gulags built now. It won't hurt that much, and it'll soon be done and then we can crack on with...well, whatever those who win want us to crack on with. If there's anyone left to crack on.

Last edited by chickenstrip on 13:59 - 17 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Re-reading my post I think it came over that I was slagging off snowflakey women and that this is all their problem, not men's. Actually, that's the exact opposite of what I intended.

I get that women being followed home up a dark street by a man are likely to be shit scared. If I'm the man in that situation I'll likely speed up and cross the road while passing her to put her at her ease. It's really not hard - why wouldn't you? This week I've also read about blokes in that scenario who would even fake making a phone call chatting to a mate to 'prove' they are not a threat - that might be taking things a bit far though.

Don't overthink it. I found the comedy in it. At the same time, I understood that you were making a serious point. Isn't that weird? Laughing

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Be respectful, be honest, be yourself and there's enough vadge for everyone.

Is there though? is there really?? Not if you're over 50 in my experience..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

"Nancy Sutton Pierce, a clinical sexologist, told Healthline that decades-long decline in male testosterone levels also may play a role in sexual inactivity, and that the #MeToo movement also may be playing a part."

I was talking to my girlfriend last weekend about testosterone levels dropping and she seemed to think it was a good thing because now men will act less like men and be less likely to attack women Laughing From what I understand it can have serious impacts on mental health.

She also claimed women walk around with keys in their knuckles, but I've never seen that myself. I think half of this is just pure fantasy and women scaring themselves into thinking they cant go outside alone.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:39 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I hear of this campaign, the more toxic it seems.

It's deliberately alienating men who would normally be on their side and is convincing women and girls who were otherwise perfectly happy that they have something to be scared about by going out in public.

Women are not physically attacked or murdered anywhere near as frequently as men are and even when they are, it's not usually a stranger in a public place, it's the arsehole they're shacked up with.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Society is turning toxic generally. Why? Why are all these issues, gender and sexuality, race etc suddenly so controversial? I see one thing in common. Every issue that comes up is being hijacked by the same forces, and is turning everyone against each other. I don't think it's an accident.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4