Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays blame culture

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Todays blame culture Reply with quote

I wasn't sure whether to put this in SJW thread but it's not really that so...

Missing Balloch schoolgirls spent night locked inside train. Nothing to controversial. 2 girls sneak on train, fall asleep and get locked in. Happily found safe and returned home.

What annoys me is mother.....

Amy's mother Bonnie-Louise is now demanding to know how two unaccompanied children were not spotted sooner or found when the train was checked. and then
"Any adults who saw two 12-year-olds getting off a train on their own should have questioned that."

Correct me if I'm wrong luv, but if you are happy to allow them out on their own, why should anyone else report them for boarding a train?

It's a something and nothing story but Mummy wants to blame anyone but herself or the kids. It just pisses me off. All personal responsibility has disappeared in society.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56476935

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the OP's fault for posting this information.

He knows something about the story ergo OP has a duty of care.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a trap. Do nothing, be accused of inaction. Do something and be accused of interfering. The equivalent of "does my bum look big in this?"

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:30 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the naughty brats decided to take a day trip into the city and then hid in the train like Ally Law dozed off until they were locked in.

Hilarious. Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:13 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny is they are two wee lassies having a hoot of an adventure until they ran out of smarts.
Maybe the ticket collector could have been of more assistance. Just sayin, community roolz.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
The funny is they are two wee lassies having a hoot of an adventure until they ran out of smarts.
Maybe the ticket collector could have been of more assistance. Just sayin, community roolz.

Do they have ticket collectors on many trains now? When I used to commute to London the only place my ticket was ever checked was with the electronic barriers in London and they are easy enough to dodge. Bletchley never had it's barriers turned on and I can't remember ever having my ticket checked on train.

If I moved my car and had to go back to my boat by train I never bothered with a ticket if I was using country stops. They never had any checks at the stations or on board. (naughty me!)

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems more appropriate here than the SJW thread?

YouTuber David Dobrik quits app after rape video claim

To be clear this Dobrik fella (that I've never heard of till now, so much for "influencing") has not been accused of rape but a former employee has Thinking

Things have gone south very quickly which implies that Dobrik is somehow complicit in wrong-doing. Not sure how that works! The telling part is at the end:

Quote:
Police were not informed and no charges were filed against the alleged perpetrator, Insider [a business new website] said.

Reputation ruined but no crime was committed?! What a lovely world Sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
MCN wrote:

Do they have ticket collectors on many trains now? When I used to commute to London the only place my ticket was ever checked was with the electronic barriers in London and they are easy enough to dodge. Bletchley never had it's barriers turned on and I can't remember ever having my ticket checked on train.

If I moved my car and had to go back to my boat by train I never bothered with a ticket if I was using country stops. They never had any checks at the stations or on board. (naughty me!)

There is usually a ticket checkererer at the main stations to catch jumpers and help dihghters.
I don't know if I would have about-turned two young kids like that at a main rail station though and would probably have asked more questions. But front-counter staff are not wot they wunst were.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

There is usually a ticket checkererer at the main stations to catch jumpers and help dihghters.
I don't know if I would have about-turned two young kids like that at a main rail station though and would probably have asked more questions. But front-counter staff are not wot they wunst were.

I don't know. SHort of a kid screaming or getting hit I'm not sure many people would get involved. You say the wrong thing and you are toast. It's a sad state of affairs but true.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
MCN wrote:

I don't know. SHort of a kid screaming or getting hit I'm not sure many people would get involved. You say the wrong thing and you are toast. It's a sad state of affairs but true.

I don't want to point the finger at the poor Rail worker that would not be fair as I do not know the exact detail of that event.

But in his/her position as an 'official' there is possibly just cause to ask questions without the hysterical fucks climbing in.

Some folk are better at human stuff that others which means, like anything else in life, maybe another personality could have intervened and saved mum and other the angst.

I saw the pics on the news report you linked to.

They two were having a ball on their thirty min train ride into Glezga.. Very Happy
I hope it doesn't curtail their adventurous spirit but teaches them to plan better.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1