Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike Clothing - Retail Recommendations - KENT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bunzena
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:26 - 02 Apr 2021    Post subject: Bike Clothing - Retail Recommendations - KENT Reply with quote

Hi - looking for some recommendations on good places to buy some new motorcycle gear [jacket, helmet, gloves] in Kent [UK].

Based not far from Maidstone.

Not settled on any particular brand yet - so looking for somewhere that has a good range I can try on.

Thanks.

Ditto
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:46 - 03 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidstone has a couple of good options. J&S Motorcycles on Lower Boxley Road - https://jsaccessories.co.uk/stores/maidstone

I used to go there when it was Hein Gericke and they had pretty much all you need (might be shut at the moment though)

Also Laguna Motorcycles - https://www.laguna.co.uk/
It's more of a dealer, but they do have a section for equipment and clothing.

J&S is probably your best best for just clothing though, more choice Thumbs Up

Bunzena
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:08 - 03 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ditto - really helpful. Smile

Arfa__
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:38 - 03 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helmet City (https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/) has a shop in Tatsfield, Surry, which isn't too far away from you (~40min). Good selection of lids to try on, a decent amount of gear and generally very competitive prices too. Shopped several times with them and never had any issues.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bunzena
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:43 - 03 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Arfa! Smile

reavsie
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Helmet City Tatsfield.

Been there a few times and always had good service. Large collection of all gear in store.

Reminds me that I need some new leather jeans for the summer, must get down there soon.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:34 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowen Moto in Chatham are pretty decent, I dislike Laguna and J&S were a little unhelpful when I last went there Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

twooo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:57 - 04 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Bowen Moto in Chatham are pretty decent, I dislike Laguna and J&S were a little unhelpful when I last went there Sad

Laguna have very little in the way of boots at the moment (Covid, Brexit, stuck ships etc.)

When I went to J&S back in August to buy a new helmet the bloke I spoke to was more than unhelpful, he was downright dismissive and couldn't have given a stuff whether I bought anything from them or not. He helped me make the decision not to buy anything from them again.

Inta Motorcycles are very helpful and have a small shop upstairs for kit and accessories. Probably a little more expensive than other places, but it's nice to support a local independent M/C dealer and shop.

Bunzena
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:00 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all who helped answer my question. Ended-up going to Helmet City in Tatsfield based on two of the recommendations here.

Ended-up spending far too much Smile [helmet, jacket and gloves] - but the customer service was brilliant. Phil [especially] took the time to help answer all my daft questions.

So although I've melted my credit card - very happy with the choices.

Arfa__
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:56 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunzena wrote:
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all who helped answer my question. Ended-up going to Helmet City in Tatsfield based on two of the recommendations here.

Ended-up spending far too much Smile [helmet, jacket and gloves] - but the customer service was brilliant. Phil [especially] took the time to help answer all my daft questions.

So although I've melted my credit card - very happy with the choices.

Nice one, glad you got a bunch of stuff you like. But damn, I should start insisting on some commission from them! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1