Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A2 Enduro Bikes. Any suggestions?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Adam125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:55 - 08 Apr 2021    Post subject: A2 Enduro Bikes. Any suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi guys, I’m looking to buy an a2 enduro bike. Obviously it being a2 compliant shortens the list a fair amount but I was trying to work out bhp for a KTM exc-f 250 or similar bikes. This will be a second bike so I want an actual enduro bike rather than some trail bike guff. It needs to have a power to weight of 0.2kw/kg but due to the nature of these bikes the manufacturers never publish bhp numbers.

Any experience from others running these bikes unrestricted and how plod react would also be great as I am tempted just to run it as is even if it doesn’t meet gov criteria. The whole point of the bike is for weekend rides and some events so I can imagine it will spend minimal time actually on the road.

Cheers

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 08 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your insurance will be invalidated if the bike's not a2 compliant. How do you feel about that?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Adam125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:54 - 08 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Your insurance will be invalidated if the bike's not a2 compliant. How do you feel about that?

I can’t find bhp numbers anywhere and so if the bike is put on a dyno that will show rear wheel horsepower as opposed to crank and I reckon the rear wheel might just get away with it.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:49 - 08 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC the EXC-F 250 put out around 38 bhp or 28.3 kw. The problem is that it only weighs around 107kg so to be A2 compliant you need to restrict the horsepower down to 21.5 bhp or 16 kw. Enduro bikes like this attract a lot of police attention for several reasons, firstly, they are nicked far too frequently, secondly, they are often ridden illegally as many of these types of bikes are not strictly road legal. Thirdly the types of people that ride them are the sort that often come to the attention of the police. If you ride one there is a high likelyhood that you will get stopped at some point simply because of the type of bike it is and the type of people that often ride them. If you do get pulled they will likely want to make sure that it is fully road legal and that you have the correct licence to ride it. Not all police are thick and the licence regs are fairly easy to understand even for them. The police can seize a vehicle if they Think it is being ridden illegally. They can then get it checked and tested to see if it actually is legal.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1