Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fast Road Riding skills thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:13 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Fast Road Riding skills thread Reply with quote

The 3rd page of the aforementioned thread appears to be broken. You can see page 1 and 2, but if you either click 'next' from page 2 or go directly to 3 you get a message saying "No posts exist for this topic".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:14 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=332615
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been happening for a while here and there. It seemed almost to stop for a while, but I started noticing it again from a couple of days ago.

The last page you try to click on doesn't actually yet exist, posts still going on the previous page.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:55 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a PIA.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I've noticed this across several threads. I don't think the problem has ever really gone away.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:58 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it up yeh !! I managed to post on page three !!!!

go me, you are all shite.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Get it up yeh !! I managed to post on page three !!!!

go me, you are all shite.

An actual, real page-get? Wow, I bow to your superior skills sir!
If you manage to post on page 4 now, that's it, I'll give up the internet and admit I'll just never be good enough to make it worth continuing with it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, its working now.
Korn must took a big sip of Barbados pool-side Martini and ordered one of his Caribbean wenches to put another lump of coal on the bcf server.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I got a page-get today!
I'm now a pro Very Happy

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:10 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it happens when someone posts something making it go onto another page, then someone (not necessarily the person who just posted) goes back somewhere in that thread and deletes or edits their post so it's shorter. Page counter doesn't go backwards.

Rebel does it a lot on the coronavirus threads.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw it before the server change.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Never saw it before the server change.

Yes, this ^^

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:49 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine the forum code needs to reindex a thread after a delete.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF: No going back.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd. page just went too fast too soon and didn't make it.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:55 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I think it happens when someone posts something making it go onto another page, then someone (not necessarily the person who just posted) goes back somewhere in that thread and deletes or edits their post so it's shorter. Page counter doesn't go backwards.

Yes - I can't post this uhm post on that thread:

One interesting upshot of the virus is an extremely dramatic downturn in the number of cases of bacterial gastroenteritis and similar. Now, it's true that this will be partly (largely?) down to the huge drop in restaurant trade, etc. - but it's also due to massively increased use of hand sanitizer across the population. Cryptosporidium, norovirus and salmonella are on the extinction list! Of course, I'm sure they'd bounce right back in the right circumstances. That said, a lot of the newly acquired hygiene habits courtesy of Covid will continue long into the future, I think. Some reckon that the fall in deaths from food poisoning are quite significant, and a serious off-set to those of Covid. Not sure how much substance there is to that speculation though.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:53 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Yes - I can't post this uhm post on that thread:

One interesting upshot of the virus is an extremely dramatic downturn in the number of cases of bacterial gastroenteritis and similar. Now, it's true that this will be partly (largely?) down to the huge drop in restaurant trade, etc. - but it's also due to massively increased use of hand sanitizer across the population. Cryptosporidium, norovirus and salmonella are on the extinction list! Of course, I'm sure they'd bounce right back in the right circumstances. That said, a lot of the newly acquired hygiene habits courtesy of Covid will continue long into the future, I think. Some reckon that the fall in deaths from food poisoning are quite significant, and a serious off-set to those of Covid. Not sure how much substance there is to that speculation though.

You've probably figured it by now, but it did post; just on the current page, not creating a new one. But when you hit post it gives the message "no posts exist for this topic." Go back to the current page, and there is your post.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1