Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

considering upgrade to shocks. your input welcome

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

justin_time
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:33 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: considering upgrade to shocks. your input welcome Reply with quote

hello, I've ridden the same 80s 50cc moped for the past 12 years. the dam thing is so reliable. it never goes wrong. the rear shocks are not working as good as they used to. just lately the ped keeps bottoming out on mildly uneven parts of the road.

i want to try some adjustable shock absorbers for a change. gas or air what ever fits best that looks similar to the original.

the length of the original rear shocks is 255mm in length eye to eye. I've searched for 255mm length shocks on ebay and google and nothing much comes up in results.

is there a company who males that length for mopeds you know about?

your input is welcome.

Regards

Justin

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:17 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did once hear that methamphetamine is a great tool for weight loss... Laughing

On a more serious note, how about telling us what make and model of moped it is so that we can get some idea of what type of damper you are looking for.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:51 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

255mm as per the manufacturer's specs or that you've measured?

justin_time
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:46 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
255mm as per the manufacturer's specs or that you've measured?
I measured the shocks eye to eye myself. 255mm. (25.5cm) they are the pin and fork type.

the bike i ride for summer is a little Yamaha ms50e (17j-se1) 1985. it has no chain. it is drive shaft driven which is different to say the least for such a small bike.

i want to see if i can get an upgrade for the rear shocks. something better performing that looks similar without changing the look of the bike too much.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1