Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Today I have Mostly . . .

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:33 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Today I have Mostly . . . Reply with quote

Today I have spent a few hours in a Honda dealership. Not the type of Honda dealership of my youth, but a modern, corporate owned & almost clinical environment sort of dealership.

Oh, fukkin deary me.

I am, as you all well know, an incredibly stupid & arrogant b#s't@rd, that also happens to be an immensely successful & immensely wealthy retired businessman.

Where did it all go wrong? At what point did Soichiro san slap his nod of approval on this shower of shite?

Whilst the staff were all very professional & very, very polite, they also outnumbered any potential customers by 2 to 1. In what must be a £1.5MILLION investment I counted 10x staff. 8 of them I would not invite to re-apply for their jobs, I eyeballed only 2 that scored high on my casual checklist & I still didn't get chance to speak with the bloke that does all the work . . . Who I really needed to speak to, yet they won't let him anywhere near their customers.

I'm off to my back street independant, who arrogantly insists I STFU & puts the kettle on whilst he sorts it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 05:26 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr you've been inserting root vegetables into uranus again?

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:25 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

And he's still not told us what was wrong with that mini roundabout

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:33 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Ste wrote:

And he's still not told us what was wrong with that mini roundabout

This ^^^ (roundabout, not veg)

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Re: Today I have Mostly . . . Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Today I have spent a few hours in a Honda dealership. Not the type of Honda dealership of my youth, but a modern, corporate owned & almost clinical environment sort of dealership.

Oh, fukkin deary me.

I am, as you all well know, an incredibly stupid & arrogant b#s't@rd, that also happens to be an immensely successful & immensely wealthy retired businessman.

Where did it all go wrong? At what point did Soichiro san slap his nod of approval on this shower of shite?

Whilst the staff were all very professional & very, very polite, they also outnumbered any potential customers by 2 to 1. In what must be a £1.5MILLION investment I counted 10x staff. 8 of them I would not invite to re-apply for their jobs, I eyeballed only 2 that scored high on my casual checklist & I still didn't get chance to speak with the bloke that does all the work . . . Who I really needed to speak to, yet they won't let him anywhere near their customers.

I'm off to my back street independant, who arrogantly insists I STFU & puts the kettle on whilst he sorts it.

Cool story bro, now stfu while I steam milk for lattes Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

having problems with one of your bikes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:03 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Re: Today I have Mostly . . . Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
stfu while I steam

Steam from the steamed hams we're having?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
having problems with one of your bikes?

Sounds like his fantasy life is going well though... Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Re: Today I have Mostly . . . Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

Oh, fukkin deary me.

Cool story bro, now stfu while I steam milk for lattes Laughing

Ah hope tae fcuk you're froffing yer milk in a metal jug then knockin' doon awe the foam afore ye tim it intae yer mug?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. So much virtual manspreading in one post I'm amazed you have room for your balls along side your clearly huge appendage.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Re: Today I have Mostly . . . Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Ah hope tae fcuk you're froffing yer milk in a metal jug then knockin' doon awe the foam afore ye tim it intae yer mug?

Aye ah ihm then am swallyin it sittin doon infront ae the lum ya prick Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Re: Today I have Mostly . . . Reply with quote

Awaaaay, ya big dunder heid.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Re: Today I have Mostly . . . Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Awaaaay, ya big dunder heid.

dae ah no at leyst get ah gonk Crying or Very sad ?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but what about the cars/bikes?

Your character assassination of people you barely know (we're aware that you are well-practised at this) is pointless without a description of the vehicles that they were clearly only employed to polish Laughing

Why WHY WHY WHY were you looking at a Honda showroom anyway?
I understood that one only meets nice people on a Honda.

Wink Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:07 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Yes but what about the cars/bikes?

Your character assassination of people you barely know (we're aware that you are well-practised at this) is pointless without a description of the vehicles that they were clearly only employed to polish Laughing

Why WHY WHY WHY were you looking at a Honda showroom anyway?
I understood that one only meets nice people on a Honda.

Wink Laughing

I imagine that one of the 35 imaginary bikes needed it's flux capacitor replaced.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
I don't give a toss about the however-fuckin-many bikes, I have three and a half myself at last count (with very little effort) ... so it wouldnt take much to acquire 32, 35 or even more (!!) I'm currently being tempted by a cute lil GPZ500 as we speak.

At least he knows he's an arrogant and stupid bastard Wink
But he knows how to put the kettle on and that's all that is required of a chap sometimes.

God, I wish I had a beverage slave Rolling Eyes

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:00 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's another of your conquests? Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consorts, dearie.

So, no.
Rolling Eyes

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to go back and attempt to extract some usefulness from the original post...

I got the Rebel from Tippetts, Honda dealer for over half a century but that went in the bin for the aforementioned sickeningly antiseptic corporate makeover. When I got the XSR the only difference between the Honda showroom I went to and say Ford would be the number of wheels on the vehicles. The soul had been taken behind the chemical sheds and shot Sad

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn’t some guy on here have a nightmare of a time with a Honda dealer that refused to replace the bike and then he got arsed about by Honda UK too?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn’t some guy on here have a nightmare of a time with a Honda dealer that refused to replace the bike and then he got arsed about by Honda UK too?

That will have been the "flux" episode, CBF125 I believe.

I've never understood where these companies got the idea that huge, sparkling but soulless showrooms and service would be a good idea. But I don't think the flux episode was through that type of dealer, more an old school type...seems you can't win.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I've never understood where these companies got the idea that huge, sparkling but soulless showrooms and service would be a good idea. But I don't think the flux episode was through that type of dealer, more an old school type...seems you can't win.

Having used the same sort of dealership for my Triumphs I presume that Honda and co feel that they can keep a certain standard of service with their control and nowadays that standard incudes plush seats, carpet and espresso coffee machines with the odd bike around the place.

What is acceptable, even essential nowadays has changed from even a decade ago, Corporate consumerism with PCP I suppose.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible for the O/P to type a post without telling us how good he is? I won’t lie, I stopped reading it then. The rest of the paragraph could have been the most interesting thing in the world but I didn’t get that far.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Mate, I just read the thread it was Victor Devine's in Glasgow that done it. Genuinely shocked by how the lad got treated by them, guess I will never buy a Honda in Glasgow.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't it end up being replaced with a CBR125 or something in the end?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 353 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2