Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorbike garage time

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scarb198931
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:30 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Motorbike garage time Reply with quote

I have changed my motorbike from a track bike to a road bike, I've done alot myself but sent it to a garage for the rest. Not much at all clutch cable change new seat and some new fairings for the back. They have had the bike for 5 weeks now and I also put down a deposit as requested. I phoned last week and there response was well are you in a rush if not then you can wait a bit longer. I'm about to lose my temper with them, or am I just being inpatient

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's honestly what you are waiting on, 5 weeks for a clutch cable, seat and fairings bolted on? Yes they are taking the piss. You could have done that yourself in an hour.

Unless they are waiting on parts, though that still seems long.

Scarb198931
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:07 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
If that's honestly what you are waiting on, 5 weeks for a clutch cable, seat and fairings bolted on? Yes they are taking the piss. You could have done that yourself in an hour.

Unless they are waiting on parts, though that still seems long.

Exactly, I said this as I sent it there as I was doing almost 80 hour shifts at work so thought, might aswell send it there and it will be done quicker. In turn I have shot myself in the foot, also never had a garage ask for a deposit for parts. He even admitted that he's been banned from driving for drink driving it kind of should of rung alarm bells when he said that. Will be phoning them tomorrow and if it isn't done will be asking for the bike back and do it myself.

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarb198931 wrote:
In turn I have shot myself in the foot, also never had a garage ask for a deposit for parts.

A deposit for parts is not unreasonable. I've purchased stuff through my local shop (tires and batteries), and always paid up front.

Kyle.
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:44 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the fairings genuine parts or fake cheapos from the land of the noodle?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:20 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sod leaving it there for weeks to get moved around, knocked, ridden to the shops... When the parts arrive have the workshop book you in for a day and say you’ll be back for it at 5pm.

In your current situation I’d tell them politely that you’ll have to take it elsewhere if it’s not done by next Friday. And never go back there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffyjeff wrote:
Scarb198931 wrote:
In turn I have shot myself in the foot, also never had a garage ask for a deposit for parts.

A deposit for parts is not unreasonable. I've purchased stuff through my local shop (tires and batteries), and always paid up front.

Nope. Places usually work on account terms. What you pay for is not paid for by them until 30 days after they receive it. At least if the place is run properly.

My local place takes payment in full after the job is completed and on collection.

I'd not touch anywhere that did it differently to that.

A restocking charge for the return / refusal of non faulty goods is something entirely different and should be in the terms of sale.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has stolen your money and your bike. Next time you go there the place will be boarded up and empty.

Bad luck, and sorry for your loss.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn the place down and run off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had physical possession of your bike, and your work and parts would probably total around £200 at most.

So you have to ask yourself why they demanded a deposit up front. Do they have cash flow problems or creditors at the door?

Go and get back your bike.

Scarb198931
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:00 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to them today and I have given them until next week. They seem to be just full of excuses apparently they ordered the wrong fairing, they ordered one for a cbr not a hornet. Big bloody difference

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarb198931 wrote:
Spoke to them today and I have given them until next week. They seem to be just full of excuses apparently they ordered the wrong fairing, they ordered one for a cbr not a hornet. Big bloody difference

If you keep accepting the excuses, they'll keep dishing them out.
I don't care about excuses and I don't care for those who make excuses on thier behalf.
Get the bike, tell them f*ck off and name and shame.

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:29 - 09 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Scarb198931 wrote:

If you keep accepting the excuses, they'll keep dishing them out.
I don't care about excuses and I don't care for those who make excuses on thier behalf.
Get the bike, tell them f*ck off and name and shame.

I spent 35 years running a garage ( hey, only a small one man band, but) over that time I've heard probably all the excuses.

The next one will be that the right part was ordered and sent, but it was damaged in transit and they can't get a new one as they are on back order from Honda in Belgium( or whatever).

Same as above only with Brexit import customs issues.

The courier van had a crash, so it will be tomorrow.

I've got to go to a funeral.

Mrs an appointment at the hospital.

It goes on for ever ( are you old enough for the Monty Python Cheese shop sketch)

Just get your bike back and run.......

Then try and get the part, difficult as the money is in the till at an off licence.

Small claims court or write it off.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1