Trying to find the right anti-freeze/coolant

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:

Same conclusion I came to but 4 bottles worth for £54, cheapest I could find even with postage incorporated.

This wasn't a problem years ago, every petrol station sold Bluecol Blue, now so little is sold in them other than food, Coke and cigarettes.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say you would be safe using Bluecol U where Bluecol 2 year (Blue) is specified.

If you go to the Bluecol website ( https://dev.bluecol.co.uk/ ) and look at the safety data sheets for both products, you will find a breakdown of what chemicals are in both products, with Bluecol U containing just one of the active ingrediants of Blue.

The advantage of U is that it does mix with anything and is safe in any engine, but it is also premixed with deionised water, so if you want a mix stronger than 50/50, you have to use a different product.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Bluecol 2 year (Blue) is specified.

i did read those spec. pdf.s .. yeah technical .. got 4L concentrate commin next week .. give me time to pick up some de ionised water .. trust honda to be different Rolling Eyes

i`ll flush out wots already in .. Neutral

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:43 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Fcuk !!! seems my Husqvarna also requires the same spec.. didn`t see that either Sad

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:00 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 600RR specifies Honda specific red coolant. It's not that is it? When you search ebay for CBR600RR coolant for example, you get a yellow Motul and plenty of normal blue stuff, but as Sickpup says I don't think that's quite right?

Even so, other manufacturers tend to use the Blue stuff, so I have no idea what Honda is doing inside their engines to specify different stuff... *shrug*

I filled up my bike with red when I replaced the rad a year or so ago, but the local bike shop topped it up with Silkolene pro cool when they did the valve clearances...? I'm not sure if that's right now... Confused

{edit} This stuff:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-COOLANT-ANTIFREEZE-5-LITRES-/174518369760

{edit}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wants a silicate free ali. compatible .. that Bluecol i bought will do .. was just moaning really .. never noticed the spec. before now .. and a heads up to anyone interested enough to read.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2