Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is Labour finished?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 14 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
See this is (I think) part of their fucking mess. The bloke expressed an opinion, in a non-pc non-pussy-faggot way and the instant reaction is to toss him to the wolves, whether the wolves are hungry or not.

Reversed I bet the Tories would have stood by his right to speak if not the words themselves and spun it in to a free speech victory.

Starmer and his ilk seem to be able to turn anything in to a foot shooting incident.

Who did he piss of anyway? Tories..... well that's kind of the point of being not a Tory!

Not quite so sure about that. He said

"Priti Patel should be deported, not refugees. She can go along with anyone else who supports institutional racism. She is disgusting."

If Labour were in power and the Abbopotamus was home secretary as she would have been if Corbyn had won, can you imagine the outrage if someone said

"Diane Abbott should be deported, not refugees. She can go along with anyone else who supports institutional racism. She is disgusting."

Irrespective of who is in power, those people were suspected of being illegals, they would have been arrested anyway. I'm not even going to bother arguing about institutional racism because it's become a buzz word like Inclusivity and Diversity Rolling Eyes

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 14 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not agreeing with what he said (I think we should shoot her, bullets are cheaper than deportation flights). I just think the reaction to what he said is stupid and self defeating. He was insulting her policies and fascist tendencies, the fact she's a Coconut is clearly not a factor in what he said.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, will the Labour Party ever cease to be entertainment?
So Diane Abbott says Keir Starmer has to go if Labour lose the Batley and Spen (no, i've never heard of Spen either) by-election to the Tories.

Did she ever stop to think that Labour might do better if she, for one, was gone?
Keir Starmer is the least of Labour's problems - and he's a big enough one. This Labour lot surely do live in some kind of super-isolated bubble.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't heard of the Spen Valley - famous only for its cyclepath because the rest of it is a shit-hole in comparison? Shame on you Laughing

Ms Abbott has clearly smelled some coffee and senses that Kier Starmer is on his way out. She is positioning herself with the far-left once more in an attempt to gain a Shadow Cabinet seat, probably Chancellor of the Exchequer because No.11 gets a free cat...

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://order-order.com/2021/05/20/labours-second-by-election-selection-stitch-up/

https://www.jocoxfoundation.org/kim_leadbeater_mbe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Well, if they don't win that by-election when invoking the loving memories of dear departed and posthumously honorary BAME Jo, they are certainly in doo doo strasser.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Well, if they don't win that by-election when invoking the loving memories of dear departed and posthumously honorary BAME Jo, they are certainly in doo doo strasser.

I hope they do lose.
I was intrigued by her wishy-washy MBE nomination too.
Quote:
MBE in the New Year Honours List, awarded for services to social cohesion, the community in Batley & Spen, West Yorkshire, and combatting loneliness during Covid-19

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I hope they do lose.

It does seem to be their speciality these days. I mean, I can't think what else they could do to ensure being losers more than they are doing. But no doubt they'll think of something Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

To pull such a dirty trick (and in politics the bottom is way, way down in the abyss) they'll have to win by a decisive margin to call it a "victory." That being said a narrow squeak is probably the best thing for everyone: Labour can kid themselves they "still got it!" and Queer Stammer will be quietly persuaded to wind back on all the changes and keep the party heading Left.

Already halfway there with the shit-show of a cabinet reshuffle.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was rather nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yil57MN5dCQ

Smile

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:35 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I thought this was rather nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yil57MN5dCQ

Smile

Posh Tottie. Drooling

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be still available:

SAUCY TORY'S SINGLE Conservative MP Penny Mordaunt, known for her rude jokes, posing in swimwear and starring on Splash! drops her fella

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The Sun might be the shittiest newspaper going but at least they aren't so PC that they wont show a female body. God save page 3.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

The Sun might be the shittiest newspaper going but at least they aren't so PC that they wont show a female body. God save page 3.

Alhamdulillah. Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to the Murican/UK comedic Rich Hall this afternoon.
He was describing the british as he would to fellow Muricans.

Described J. Corbyn as a man that, 'looked like the last fcuking drumstick in a bucket of KFC'.

Very Happy

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the question in the thread title:

Keir Starmer needs to end Labour’s civil war

An article as partisan as it is depressing... if you're a Labour supporter or anyone who believes Parliament deserves a credible opposition party Shocked

The internal politics are described as "a warzone" and that's only outpaced by the dwindling money reserves. Not good.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Labour Party is going though a period of such unpopularity, I think now would be a good time for it to split into its various factions as separate parties.

Might as well have a British Woke Party, let that stuff stand on its own merits (or lack thereof).

Let's have a Rejoin the EU Party (offices in Islington). Or that group could all just migrate to the Lib Dems (if they still exist).

And the traditional Labourites (if there are any left in the party) can have their own party, within which they can figure out if they're still relevant in the modern world (they might be, but I think they need to reassert their case, cos I for one don't really see it right now). Thinking Or is that what George Galloway is?

Wouldn't surprise me if the Conservative Party ended up splitting before long either, the way things are going.

Perhaps they're all just irrelevant now, and we do need new parties with fresh ideologies to go forwards into the Brave New World future.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect them to start pressing for “electoral reform” since they keep losing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/democracy-vote-reform-conservative-labour-b1894343.html

So 44% voted Tory yet they got 80% of the seats… not fair on the 56% who didn’t vote for them? But those 56% oppose each other too, so they can’t be considered as united in anything except resentment at losing the election.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I would love there to be a party that isn't hampered by institutionalised dogma.

If we need immigration, we have immigration as we need it. If we don't need immigration we curtail immigration and with out the tag 'racist' being slandered right left or centre.

If there is a need to renationalise something, railways say, we do it because it's necessary, not because it's party dogma and vise versa.

If we, the country, haven't got the money to do something, it doesn't happen because, same as people can't live on tick, neither can a country. Once we have paid off our debts, we will have much more to spend on important things like me. Cool

etc. etc.

Will never happen though.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:55 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Perhaps they're all just irrelevant now, and we do need new parties with fresh ideologies

Neoliberalism has rendered politics irrelevant.

Right wing politics allows and supports neoliberalism.

I'm pretty sure Corbyn's Labour manifesto brought quite a large subset of fresh ideas. Remember 'communist broadband'? Or the national investment bank? Or just plain old garden variety investment in communities?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:21 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

I'm pretty sure Corbyn's Labour manifesto brought quite a large subset of fresh ideas. Remember 'communist broadband'? Or the national investment bank? Or just plain old garden variety investment in communities?

Nothing new in Labour forming hairbrained schemes to spend public money they don't have on ill considered cash vortexes.

It worked once, 100 years ago.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

Nothing new in Labour forming hairbrained schemes to spend public money they don't have on ill considered cash vortexes vortices.

It worked once, 100 years ago.

FTFY Wink

While the "broadband for all" was a bit daft I could have got behind a "land line for all" Thinking

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Perhaps they're all just irrelevant now, and we do need new parties with fresh ideologies

Neoliberalism has rendered politics irrelevant.

Right wing politics allows and supports neoliberalism.

No, never heard the term "communist broadband" before. What was that?

What kind of communities do you think we should be investing in?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
communist broadband

What Corbyn’s detractors dubbed his election pledge of “free broadband for all paid, for by taxing the providers.” Not such a bad idea if it wasn’t plainly the usual, “Oh, and here’s some free stuff if you vote for me,” and the real issue was accessibility in rural areas.

I think the gypsy community need better roads.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

No, never heard the term "communist broadband" before. What was that?

What kind of communities do you think we should be investing in?

See above.

Regarding investment, consider that about 700 libraries have been closed in the past ten years. That's the tip of the iceberg. Policing slashed, local government budgets slashed. Surestart centres mostly gone. Youth centres seem to be a thing of the past.

And given the wanton spending and corruption that has happened over the past 2 years, I think the austerity/"not enough money" argument is well past its sell by date.

There's nothing wrong with saying "when will the government buy something nice for us", when the government is now using OUR tax money to buy whatever nice things it wants for friends and cronies. The money is there.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9