BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I did a thing (or five)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 21:13 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: I did a thing (or five) Reply with quote

Tl;dr I moved out of London and now own both my favourite bikes yay.

Finally managed to escape London to a nice place in the countryside where I don't have to pay extortionate insurance rates to own the bikes I want. Therefore:

https://i.imgur.com/VVnDsPK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nKNeu8b.jpg

It's like a completely different country up here. The people are actually nice and oldies don't clutch their handbags in fear when we walk past each other. They actually smile and say hello!

Anyway, I've finally rode the R6 and the M1000RR within minutes/hours of each other and they are worlds apart on pretty much everything. Power delivery obviously, but more interestingly the ergonomics.

I've ordered a taller seat for the M1000RR to see if I can get the cosy armchair to feel more like the R6 does because the body position is effortless on the R6 and there's a lot more footwork/moving around involved in hanging off the M.

M feels much more comfortable, wider bars, "sit in" as opposed to "sit atop". The suspension is absolutely rock solid though so that needs jigging. Oh the M is also stupidly fast. Feels a lot faster than my old S1000RR but that could be because this has a full titanium akra on it, so no Euro 5 cats choking the shit out of it.

Anyway sorry for the long post, I haven't shitposted here in a long time but wanted to share this one!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on escaping and bike purchases Thumbs Up

Do I remember right you were going to get one hell of an ass whupping from dem corts be lauuhh? Had in my mind you were getting proper banned, as in just not a little bit banned?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 21:20 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Congrats on escaping and bike purchases Thumbs Up

Do I remember right you were going to get one hell of an ass whupping from dem corts be lauuhh? Had in my mind you were getting proper banned, as in just not a little bit banned?

Haha cheers mate, yeah I got 90 days ban! I thought it was going to be at least a year so I sold the S1000RR early in anticipation of getting wrecked by the judge. Didn't even show up to court.

£600 odd quid fine and 90 days aint bad for 134 in a 70, and my insurance on multi-bike policy is now £1.4k fully comp for both the M and R6 on 5 years no claims with the ban declared and no dodgy shortcuts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much success Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

just purely from a looks POV, i think the 6 looks better - at least in that photo

colour of the bmw is good though

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 22:00 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
just purely from a looks POV, i think the 6 looks better - at least in that photo

colour of the bmw is good though

Have to agree, I've always loved the way the R6 looks and think it's the best bike out there aesthetically. The headlight kit on this is also fantastic. Not just aesthetically with the blue lights you can flick on and off, but the high beams light half the country up lmao, so night time riding in these dark country roads is fantastic on the R6. Took the bike from stock to quite heavily modified, might post a list of shit it's had done to it later.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:16 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
my insurance on multi-bike policy is now £1.4k fully comp for both the M and R6 on 5 years no claims with the ban declared and no dodgy shortcuts.

Shocked

That sounds loads, I guess the ban loads it, I was under £100 FC near London Neutral

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 22:19 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Shocked

That sounds loads, I guess the ban loads it, I was under £100 FC near London Neutral

Haha in London I wasn't getting quoted at all on anything 1000cc without bending the truth a little. The few that did show up on comparison websites were saying £9700 for third party fire & theft! Oddly though, the R6 was about £550 to insure in London fully comp. Then £300 up this way, and then the M1000RR added £1100 onto the policy Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:21 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far too much for me to consider, then again I'm incredibly tight Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:57 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And incredibly broken Razz The only thing your fecked bones are getting over for a bit is a trike Very Happy

Well done on escaping Nodnol Meef Smile

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:53 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bikes are a nice thing, agreed.
The best bit is that you got out of that angry, aggressive, expensive, noisy, restless place called London “innit bruv”!

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 13:35 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
The best bit is that you got out of that angry, aggressive, expensive, noisy, restless place called London “innit bruv”!

The interesting thing is now I've been here a couple weeks and been to local shops and interacted with the neighbours, it really has become apparent how horrid London really was. It isn't just an exaggeration, I didn't realise it was that shit until I started to get settled here.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:07 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
pepperami wrote:

The interesting thing is now I've been here a couple weeks and been to local shops and interacted with the neighbours, it really has become apparent how horrid London really was. It isn't just an exaggeration, I didn't realise it was that shit until I started to get settled here.

When I moved, I've actually spoken to folk.... and they are far less shitty here!

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:08 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on all counts Very Happy

I'm considering something similar. Our landlord is selling the house and I need to move soon. I currently live in west London and work in Vauxhall but won't have to go in till next year, even then only 2 times a week max.

I'm looking for a two bedroom place with garage, and considering if moving further away wouldn't actually be nicer in most aspects: better for rides; better for walks; better for clean air; better for insurance; better for rent.

On the flipside I'm worried it'll be a pain to: meet friends (25 mins on the CB, 20 on the ZX9R); go to gigs in Camden (easily get to from home or work); the odd days I'll have to commute; dating (any single ladies in their 20s here? Razz ), not that I wonder the streets of london looking though Confused

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
£600 odd quid fine and 90 days aint bad for 134 in a 70, and my insurance on multi-bike policy is now £1.4k fully comp for both the M and R6 on 5 years no claims with the ban declared and no dodgy shortcuts.

Who you got your policy with? That's fucking impressive! I am looking to move both my bikes on to a multi-bike policy as I am currently running two separate policies.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
it really has become apparent how horrid London really was. It isn't just an exaggeration, I didn't realise it was that shit until I started to get settled here.

I hear this a lot, you probably wouldn't be surprised how any more about many London bikers move to North Wales. If I have to go to London, it's on the train. Fuck taking a bike there, fuck being there any longer than I have to.

Tidy rides. R6 is the better looking, my back would hate both though.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 13 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say countryside, do you mean no phone signal mid Wales (roads to ride all day) or Lincolnshire (No phone signal and a smell of cabbage)?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1