Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Eurovision Song Contest

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Eurovision Song Contest Reply with quote

Null points... yet again Rolling Eyes

F*ck 'em.

Okay, so our entry was total shite but this just looks like abuse now. There's something masochistic about the UK continuing to participate in this travesty but I like to think we're doing soooo well politically and economically that everyone else in Europe hates our guts Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that 'competition', I'd take that as a win Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:30 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

F*ck 'em.

Okay, so our entry was total shite but this just looks like abuse now. There's something masochistic about the UK continuing to participate in this travesty but I like to think we're doing soooo well politically and economically that everyone else in Europe hates our guts Laughing

That's very true, but it stems back to the 'Empire' which they hated us for, I wouldn't matter what we did, it's bred into them to hate us. I don't bother trying to appease them, fuck 'em. Losers always hate winners.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

F*ck 'em.

That's very true, but it stems back to the 'Empire' which they hated us for, I wouldn't matter what we did, it's bred into them to hate us. I don't bother trying to appease them, fuck 'em. Losers always hate winners.

But the losers always benefit. Look at the Italians, lost the war, won the Eurovision song contest. Cool

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone hates the Brits, oh how terrible Sad Sad Sad Sad Middle Finger .

I’m just going off for a little cry! Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the 'Reduntant Luvy Darling Show' Button?

Rolling Eyes

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

But the losers always benefit. Look at the Italians, lost the war, won the Eurovision song contest. Cool

You are reading far too much into this debacle Sir.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:

It's not like we colonised them though. If it was ex colonies giving us the dirty dunt that would make sense but its not and its not like most of Europe hasnt bashed a large part of the world around at some point either.

Maybe we should have a Commonwealthovision contest at least the music would be better.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea that instead of a panel of out of touch 'judges' picking an act that they think will do well in the contest they could put forward an up and coming band/musician who are at the cutting edge.

Imagine if Aphex Twin was entered back in the day or maybe Black Midi.

Maybe no points, but would help catapult them to a bigger audience.

See.... the world's biggest selling artists (which the uk is rather good at and quite lucrative for the country) remain 'fresh' because they often incorporate the esoteric.

We need spotty herberts to push the envelope.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which entry in Eurovision did folks here like. I liked the Icelandic geeks https://youtu.be/ORDK1XQToAY and the Ukrainian Servalan https://youtu.be/lqvzDkgok_g

Last edited by Ribenapigeon on 23:14 - 27 May 2021; edited 1 time in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn’t it the case that those Continentals have what we would regard as peculiar tastes in music (and other things), so unless we deliberately play the same game we are unlikely to get points. We are different. If anything, the Eurovision Song Contest is a celebration of the differences.

I wonder if the commentary in other countries is as wry as Wogan’s and Norton’s.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:18 - 27 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im waiting for Russia to go in hard some year https://youtu.be/vNXgknozyhw

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread reminds me of Bucks Fizz.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Four of us used to get feckin' monged on the Kazakh Krew Khange bus listening to Russian House and Disko that the driver played on the in-bus telly.

https://youtu.be/KQ9UVRdwTJI

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polka pop is a standard in Eurovision, thank god its never made in roads into fortress Britannia.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
this thread reminds me of Bucks Fizz.

Arsewhole. Mad

I'll not get Make Your Mind Up out of my head now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bucks+fizz&safe=strict&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&prmd=sivn&sxsrf=ALeKk00mDIJ2GC_uNDof8MsxkOA4dXVqHQ:1622228294174&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiTxd-ph-3wAhWx8uAKHQJ1CaMQ_AUoA3oECAEQAw&biw=412&bih=718&dpr=1.75#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:303714d5,vid:pACePi441ds,st:0

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Four of us used to get feckin' monged on the Kazakh Krew Khange bus listening to Russian House and Disko that the driver played on the in-bus telly.

https://youtu.be/KQ9UVRdwTJI

Accordions should not be weaponised!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

What do you call an Accordion band and a group of Banjo players at the bottom of a lake?

A good start.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:36 - 29 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

What do you call an Accordion band and a group of Banjo players at the bottom of a lake?

A good start.

You'll have to steer clear of the woods now.
"Hey Virgil, y'all bring the rope?!"
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:41 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eurovison Song contest has bugger all to do with music and is pure politics, We should boycott it. We should not finance it at all, at the moment we are one of the top financiers of the event. We should not be showing it on on a government outlet.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
The Eurovison Song contest has bugger all to do with music and is pure politics, We should boycott it. We should not finance it at all, at the moment we are one of the top financiers of the event. We should not be showing it on on a government outlet.

Better to use it in negotiations with the EU to get preferential touring permits for British bands going to be the EU. Its odd they null point us at Musicaljoke-a-vision but then when they want some quality music at a festival need our bands.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 328 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1