Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mod 2 Didn't Pass, Didn't Fail !?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:05 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Mod 2 Didn't Pass, Didn't Fail !? Reply with quote

[list=]So after waiting ages to actually get to it had Mod 2 today. 35 minutes ride to rest centre, perfect ride there perfect ride back....so what happened ? A mixture of me and the school being f**k wits. Got there tester went to check documents and my CBT was out of date by two weeks, I got mixed up and assumed once you did mod 1 this over rode your CBT so you didn't need a current one, and the school actually checked over my documents before we left the school ! They said they will sort it out so I'm not out of pocket but bit of a bummer as I really felt ready for it today [/list]

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Mod 2 Didn't Pass, Didn't Fail !? Reply with quote

spongefinger wrote:
I got mixed up and assumed once you did mod 1 this over rode your CBT so you didn't need a current one

Whoops.

What is it you're looking for here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JustinW
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bummer. Hang in there, it'll all be a distant memory soon enough.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:50 - 02 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's shitty but what does it mean for those that are getting their licences a stage at a time from the A1 to A2 to A?

If someone has a car licence and thus gets their AM licence do they still need to keep taking CBT to ride motorbikes?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:46 - 02 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
That's shitty but what does it mean for those that are getting their licences a stage at a time from the A1 to A2 to A?

Nothing. They have a full bike license of sorts and won't need to do cbt again be arsed they had one when they passed their test.

Quote:
If someone has a car licence and thus gets their AM licence do they still need to keep taking CBT to ride motorbikes?

Yes. Edit: only the once to activate their full moped licence.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:07 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really strange when the CBT an be done on a moped. It's almost as if the legislation writers are fucking with bikers.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:20 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
That's really strange when the CBT an be done on a moped. It's almost as if the legislation writers are fucking with bikers.

The size of the bike is irrelevant where basic safety on a two wheeler is concerned.

After all, it's not a test but basic training.

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:02 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost had this too.

Did my CBT 15/6/19 due to lockdowns only managed to get my theory done on 10/5 this year. Managed to get squeezed in at a school and had MOD1 last Thursday 10/6 and they booked me in for MOD2 yesterday 15/6 exactly 2 years later.

There was a bit of confusion when we checked at the test centre whether I’d need another CBT or not but eventually decided to do another one just in case, it was right to in the end as my CBT expired on 14th.

Seems daft though, I’d passed theory and MOD1 tests and was ready for my test, what point is CBT training at that point.

Passed now though, thank gawd.

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:00 - 20 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:
I almost had this too.

Did my CBT 15/6/19 due to lockdowns only managed to get my theory done on 10/5 this year. Managed to get squeezed in at a school and had MOD1 last Thursday 10/6 and they booked me in for MOD2 yesterday 15/6 exactly 2 years later.

There was a bit of confusion when we checked at the test centre whether I’d need another CBT or not but eventually decided to do another one just in case, it was right to in the end as my CBT expired on 14th.

Seems daft though, I’d passed theory and MOD1 tests and was ready for my test, what point is CBT training at that point.

Passed now though, thank gawd.

My thoughts exactly. Bit like not getting a job when you have a maths degree but didn't do well in your GCSE maths.

Makes not sense at all.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 21 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongefinger wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Bit like not getting a job when you have a maths degree but didn't do well in your GCSE maths.

Makes not sense at all.

Do you have a maths degree?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1