Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bear with me...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Bear with me... Reply with quote

... over the next ten days or so. I've run out of tobacco y'see, and don't have the money for more for about that period, so I'm likely to be just a little bit crazier than 'normal' Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.skyseatree.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/How-long-does-nicotine-stay-in-your-system.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better question might be how long does it remain effective in your system?
Let's see...how do I get down off this ceiling? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll stay 'effective' for as long as you wish it.

Two heroin addicts managed over a period of 2 years managed to ween themselves off the gear.

Both unable to jack in the ciggies...such is the pull of the habit.

Another friend can partake when he wishes....I hate him. Laughing

Thing is Nick, if you've gone through the withdrawal you're partway not beholding to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Another friend can partake when he wishes....I hate him. Laughing

Yeah, he can feck right off! Laughing

Quote:
Thing is Nick, if you've gone through the withdrawal you're partway not beholding to it.

I'd need a reason to quit, and I ain't it!
Anyway, it's not so severe as you might think - I've got an ecig and plenty of juice for it Rolling Eyes
I just don't like it as much, and still seem to get a bit antsy.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:39 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried reading Allen Carrs Easyway book? Not the height of literary merit but has proven effective for a lot of people to get their head right. And that's the key to success.

You'll be able to find a free download somewhere, what's to loose?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antsy is an energy, using it to positive effect gets a little good out from it.

Sorry if that came across as rather banal.

Write a song...use free software to record it and embellish.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks stinkwheel.
But my virus protection just prevented a download with a malware warning Laughing

I think you have to want to stop, don't you? I don't really. Been through all the reasons, all the advantages, time and again. Never seems to be enough.

I'd suggest not taking this thread, or me, too seriously Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Antsy is an energy, using it to positive effect gets a little good out from it.

Sorry if that came across as rather banal.

Write a song...use free software to record it and embellish.

That's something that does happen when I get in this situation. Get off my arse a little more, tend to go for walks (just did yesterday for the first time in a while), put more into guitar playing and work out more (although that has its limits).

So no, not banal at all Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lucid moments often appear as I'm drifting into sleep.
A friend finds getting out for a walk does the trick for songwriting.
Another can only 'work' to a deadline.

Get summat cookin' You're in the enviable minority of those that have a skill and a musically creative ability.
Push it forward...take what you've learned..build upon it. Learn production and audio engineering techniques.
Take a song you know and deconstruct it...or be inspired by it and carve your own path.

Find housebricks on your walks out...collect them and build a shed.
Smash a wall down.
Spit on a sparrow.
Lick a turnip.
Fart in a doorway.

^^^ Apologies...that's my to-do list.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this thing where I usually want to play guitar quite late in the evening/night, but the neighours get annoyed then - even with the electric unplugged Rolling Eyes

Not always a bad thing, as I find I tend to play better when I soften the attack - especially with blues. But listening to a lot of noisy stuff just lately Very Happy

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
https://www.skyseatree.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/How-long-does-nicotine-stay-in-your-system.png

Mr Chickenstrip, the solution is in the chart.
Get a pipe and fill it with your own hair and smoke that Thumbs Up

The sage that is Pepperami again provides the wisdom/solution.

You’re welcome Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

Mr Chickenstrip, the solution is in the chart.
Get a pipe and fill it with your own hair and smoke that Thumbs Up

The sage that is Pepperami again provides the wisdom/solution.

You’re welcome Smile

Well, you know how desperate smokers get? I am become Dracula! (short-term solution, but thanks, got the scissors out) Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

i switched to vaping then gradually weened myself off nicotine a bit at a time.
then quit vaping.
the hardest thing was finding flavours i liked.
been off it a couple of years now and off baccy for about 9 years. i still occasionally get the urge to smoke though.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Bear with me... Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
... over the next ten days or so. I've run out of tobacco y'see, and don't have the money for more for about that period, so I'm likely to be just a little bit crazier than 'normal' Smile

How will we tell? Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Bear with me... Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

How will we tell? Razz

Well, you seem to think you're more than one person, so I'd suggest you won't be able to Wink Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:04 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is going to be frantically drinking piss for the next couple of weeks...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will come to that. Like I said, I have vape kit.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your habit is anything like mine was, 2oz Drum per day, it was quite pricey and someone suggested that setting aside the monies spent on baccy could go toward some reward type goal. I never did but if you're that way inclined it might give an excuse to stop for a while...

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:43 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Thanks stinkwheel.
But my virus protection just prevented a download with a malware warning Laughing

I think you have to want to stop, don't you? I don't really. Been through all the reasons, all the advantages, time and again. Never seems to be enough.

Well there's the issue. I mean, look at your perseverance. The excuses we can make to not read a short book just in case it'll help.

The book explains why.

My copy sat on a shelf for over a year before I read it, then I stopped that day for 11 years...

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should persist with quitting. Those things will kill you man.

Have you tried some kind of nicotine supplement? Patches, or vape, for example? The wonders of technology. Get your nicotine on cue and be able to breathe for a change.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:23 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, back on topic, please do allow for any mild eccentricities you may observe in me over the next few days Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:36 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold turkey, best way to quit.

First time I gave up (for about 3 weeks), I'd got to the point where I didn't like the taste of the smoke in my mouth. I hated the taste of nicotine. It tasted like how you imagine licking an ashtray would taste.

So that made it easier the next time I gave up.
And I totally stopped for over 12 years.

Nowadays I only really put tobacco into joints to "fill them out", but I've been smoking more joints in the last couple of years. Shifty

Still not taken fags back up, but probably I "smoke" one cigarette every two days.

Although I have to admit, I shocked myself a couple of months ago, I took a fag out of the packet to roll a joint with, and my phone rang, so I put the fag in my mouth and while I was talking on the phone, I NEARLY lit up (unwittingly) Shocked

So beware! ... the nicotine memory is deeply embedded.

Have you tried a little deep breathing, Chickenybobs?
I know it sounds really naff and modern, but really ... refocusing* on things helps to settle your mind and you don't find yourself "grabbing" for a solution.

*oldfashioned word for the dreaded "mindfulness" Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:54 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but this isn't a thread about quitting.
You lot want to make it one, because that's what non-smokers do. But it really isn't Laughing

Have you thought about quitting telling smokers to quit? It can be done Mr. Green

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:57 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/106-701x535.png

Anyway... the whole "nicotine addiction > heroin" is an outright lie. Cigarettes are more addictive than heroin which is not the same thing.

Then again if you don't have pennies for tobacco you certainly don't have money for gum, patches or vapes Sad Although... maybe ask your doctor about quitting fags, maybe there's a free prescription he/she can write, just as a stop-gap.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 318 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3