BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Think fast!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 07 Jun 2021    Post subject: Think fast! Reply with quote

Imagine you're on the bike from this dashcam pov...just riding down the road as usual. What would be your escape route?

https://youtu.be/EpkkWiv9mJY?t=633

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 07 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slide under the truck after I jump off the bike in panic or fall off from grabbing the front brake.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:46 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Think fast! Reply with quote

Mr Hammers wrote:
What would be your escape route?

I reckon...as soon as that oncoming van crosses the white line you need to attempt to abort into the left field, and get up that kerb by a sharp push on the left handlebar to get a sharp attack angle, I think I'd rather summersault into that field that hit that van. Any attempt at saving the bike is forgotten, in light of pure suvival instinct. If your tyre slides along that kerb your going under the van... so many maybes', still hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time to react there. The only thing to do (in a car) is try and side-swipe the lorry. Yes you will still get mashed but by a vehicle of lesser mass. Get it wrong and the car smashes into the driver's door Shocked

Kobayashi Maru.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 09 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Think fast! Reply with quote

Mr Hammers wrote:
Imagine you're on the bike from this dashcam pov...just riding down the road as usual. What would be your escape route?

https://youtu.be/EpkkWiv9mJY?t=633

I reckon I would probably swerve violently into the left over the kerb and down that embankment. Probably get thrown off the bike and the bike still gets crushed but I'd rather be injured in the grassy field than dead as fuck under that lorry.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1