Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GB News launch

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: GB News launch Reply with quote

Anybody else looking at this? I think it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds over the next few weeks and months.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:02 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are bitching about not getting access to pool footage.

The trouble is, you have to give balanced news and not opinion peices as per us 'news'.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
They are bitching about not getting access to pool footage.

The trouble is, you have to give balanced news and not opinion peices as per us 'news'.

"Trouble"? It launched at 8pm. That's a little over an hour ago. Have you judged it already? Laughing

And besides, current MSM "balanced news"? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:46 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balanced news and not opinion pieces? Shocked

Oh dear, every news broadcaster in the world is out of a job then.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What station number?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:48 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: GB News launch Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Anybody else looking at this?

For bonus points, here's a link. Wink

https://www.gbnews.uk/watchlive

"Ad Blocker Detected
Please disable your ad-blocking software to watch this video."

Rolling Eyes

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
What station number?

236 on freeview
I did like Andrew Neil's intro piece.
Won't be watching it much but seemed to have decent weather forecast section when needed.
I haven't watched any BBC since they started incessantly bitching about brexit in 2016. It has got a lot worse since.

Last edited by doggone on 22:01 - 13 Jun 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky UK: Channel 515 (HD)
Freeview: Channel 236 (SD)
Virgin Media: Channel 626 (HD); TBC (SD)
Broadcast area: United Kingdom
Freesat: Channel 216 (HD)

In case anyone can't be arsed to google. Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems disappointingly inane so far which is an odd way to kick off, but I’ll give it a chance.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Skudd wrote:
What station number?

236 on freeview
I did like Andrew Neil's intro piece.
Won't be watching it much but seemed to have decent weather forecast section when needed.
I haven't watched any BBC since they started incessantly bitching about brexit in 2016. It has got a lot worse since.

I stopped watching BBC permanently when their journalists were Virtue Signalling on Government TV.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:42 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me they don't seem to be able to sync audio and video it's about half a second out Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:03 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Is it just me they don't seem to be able to sync audio and video it's about half a second out Laughing

Fake news?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, at least people will have a UK news channel that isn't woke. If you like woke then no problem, go watch BBC Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems alright despite the technical-cal failures failures, a consequence of a relatively low budget and inexperience, supposedly. I forgive that for the time being. It turns out the channel’s Sunday night opening presenter Dan Hutton simply winds me up for some reason.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say, I haven't been too impressed thus far. Yes, at least they're not afraid to tackle the (apparently) controversial, but it's definitely lacking something. Bit too MSM breakfast show-ish for me I think.

Oh, nearly forgot, it's Andrew Neil time - I'll check this out, might be a bit better.
Oh, and Andrew Doyle on, that's promising.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:41 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have some half decent Posh Tottie on their team.

(Alright for a working man that is.)

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

watched a bit of it today

Dewbs and Co... well, this seemed more like a radio program to me,
the sound was very hit and miss for the pundits

Andrew Neil is on now, the set is a bit odd looking, and they need to iron out some gremlins with the sound here and there

From what little I have seen it's somewhere between Times Radio, (and the less gobbier presenters ayway) Talk Radio, but on the telly.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Bit too MSM breakfast show-ish for me I think.

That was my impression last night too.

I read somewhere that the background is too dark, it doesn’t work well with dark suits. They must have very inexperienced (cheap) technical staff, but they’ll learn, I guess.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any sign of a normal regular news headlines program yet, which seems a bit odd. Have I just missed it?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels like you’re supposed to get the headlines elsewhere and, after being force fed Laura Kuenssberg’s “here’s what you should think about that” piece, tune in to GBN for a more down to earth discussion. A bit like BCF.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with that is, the established channels are very choosy about what they cover, depending on their own agendas. That's why I was hoping GB News would still have a regular headlines program, to report on what the others very deliberately leave out, as well as what everyone else covers.
They may cover it in these longer discussion programs, and that's good, but it'd be nice to see a shorter headlines-based thing to grab quick news bites too.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB News: Several brands pull advertising from news channel

Quote:
Greg Jackson, founder of Octopus Energy, said the company does not advertise on "platforms whose primary purpose is the distribution of hate" and said it would only run adverts on new channels after watching their output for a period of time.

That looks an awful lot like libel Thinking

The only upside is a nice list of Wokeist companies to avoid.

<addendum> Oh dear, just checked Kopparberg's twitter feed and the pushback looks to be > 100:1.

Random Twitter Comment wrote:
An angry kipper a few doors down just gave me two free crates of cider he no longer wants because they ‘taste of liberal tears and wokeness’ and he’s worried he’s being ‘secretly lured into joining the elite’

Last edited by Easy-X on 00:15 - 16 Jun 2021; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure GB News was such a good idea. If many more snowflakes melt all at once, we might all drown!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if Koppaberg isn’t in fact “a drink for everyone” we’ll just have to keep drinking Wife Beater.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a positive note (although alas coming out of something very negative), I was pleased to see Andrew Neil condemn the intimidation of the BBC reporter at Downing Street today. We get enough of that kind of thing from the lefties with their anti-everyone-and-everything hate.

Is it some kind of race to the bottom? Because we'll hit it soon enough if it's kept up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5