Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lexmoto LXR won’t start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 02:54 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Lexmoto LXR won’t start Reply with quote

Hey I’ve had trouble starting my LXR recently

When pressing the starter button the motorbike cranks and sounds normal however it will not catch on and start.

Motorbike will jump start from second gear as long as it’s going over 10mph and throttle is maxed out. After motorbike is started throttle has to be added constantly otherwise after 5 seconds of no gas being added the motorbike will die.

Battery voltage is 13v and I doubt it’s a issue with the battery

Any tips and help would be appreciated if requested I can send videos of the issue.

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is obviously short of fuel at low revs but what year is the bike and has it a carburettor or is it fuel injected?

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:32 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a 2020, and is fuel injected.

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

2020 Shocked , should be under a warranty so young!
Your fuel injected engine has many sensors which adjusts the fuel intake.
I take it that the air intake and exhaust system has not been blocked?

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 12:31 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any reason you can't get it fixed under warranty?

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:46 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dealership I bought it from was horrible they made a lot of mistakes they were garbage in sorting out all the papers, this is my first bike so I had no idea you need a warranty booklet which they did not give me when I bought the bike from them which was in February 2020.

I don’t think anything is blocked however I have no idea :/ I’m not too mechanic savvy and a mechanic I’ve bought the bike to cannot seem to find a issue

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

starts if you bump it?
I'd give the kick stand switch a good looking at.
Could also be the fuel pump if it runs badly
You should be able to hear it spin up as it pressurises the system
when you turn on the ignition.
Mind you, thas just guesses, ideally you need to get the fault codes
orf it.
find the OBD socket and put up a pic of it.

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:10 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah bumping it works however not always I was trying to bump it for 1 hour last night before it actually started, I can take a look at the switch.

I’ll let you guys know it wasn’t always like this. The issue came out of nowhere and firstly it had difficulty starting when the engine was turned on for the first time in the day even when it was 25C outside however after that once the engine warmed up it started normally then the issue escalated into not starting at all

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatMeister wrote:
The dealership I bought it from was horrible they made a lot of mistakes they were garbage in sorting out all the papers, this is my first bike so I had no idea you need a warranty booklet which they did not give me when I bought the bike from them which was in February 2020.

I don’t think anything is blocked however I have no idea :/ I’m not too mechanic savvy and a mechanic I’ve bought the bike to cannot seem to find a issue

You don't need a "warranty booklet".

If you have documents proving you bought it from the dealership then those will be dated: proving it's under warranty and that it's from a dealership. Some warranties are caveated with the need to service them correctly at their own dealer network, have you done that? If you have then get it fixed under warranty and save yourself the hassle of trying to fix it yourself.

Or... have you fucked with it yourself already, gave us half a story and now you can't fix it under warranty because you done something else? Sorry for asking, but you wouldn't be the first. Laughing

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:47 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha no I wouldn’t dare to try to fix it myself unfortunately none of the services that were done on this motorbike were at Lexmoto dealerships and when I called in to a different dealership that’s closer to home they told me I need a warranty booklet that dates all my services it’s a bummer I guess.

It just bothers me that my bike was at a mechanic for a whole week and he couldn’t seem to find the issue.

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:50 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also might help to say, I went to another mechanic that told me it might be the fuel pump but even he wasn’t confident in his answer and I really don’t want to spend £90 on a fuel pump just for it to turn out that it’s not the issue.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatMeister wrote:
Hahaha no I wouldn’t dare to try to fix it myself unfortunately none of the services that were done on this motorbike were at Lexmoto dealerships and when I called in to a different dealership that’s closer to home they told me I need a warranty booklet that dates all my services it’s a bummer I guess.

It just bothers me that my bike was at a mechanic for a whole week and he couldn’t seem to find the issue.

Fair enough but mate I have no idea why you didn't take your bike to the dealership for it's service(s). Even if you didn't have the service booklet you could still use the receipts and invoices for the services as proof of correct servicing.

Might be worth trying to force the issue though and take the trading standards route. Looks really poor on Lexmoto if they are washing their hands of a bike that's only 1 year old and trying to weasel out fixing it.

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:18 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll talk to them and see what I can do.

To be honest main reason I didn’t go to the Lexmoto Dealership for my services is because they are a decent distance away from me whereas there is a motorbike mechanic literally 2mins away so I guess I just took the lazy route.

smokin joe
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:57 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to go to a Lexmoto dealership to maintain the warranty. The law changed a few years ago and provided the bike has been serviced as scheduled by a VAT registered garage they cannot void the warranty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:08 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take it to any Lexmoto dealer for warranty work.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:12 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokin joe wrote:
You don't have to go to a Lexmoto dealership to maintain the warranty. The law changed a few years ago and provided the bike has been serviced as scheduled by a VAT registered garage they cannot void the warranty.

Wasn't that just for cars and not motorbikes?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
smokin joe wrote:

Just had a quick look and found this nugget of information by Bromley Trading Standards:

Bromley Trading Standards wrote:

What about your guarantee?

There are rules that apply when a trader or a manufacturer offers a free guarantee with the motorcycle that is supplied to you.

What is a guarantee?

This is a statement given by a trader or a manufacturer that the motorcycle will meet certain standards and that you will be entitled to claim a refund, replacement or repair if it does not meet those standards. There is no obligation on a trader or a manufacturer to offer a guarantee but if they do so it is legally binding. For example, if a trader refuses to repair the motorcycle when the guarantee states that they will the trader will be in breach of contract and you can make a claim. This might be for the cost of getting it repaired elsewhere. The 'Guarantees & warranties' guide gives more information on these rules.

Also, if you financed the bike, you can get the provider to come into the fight:

Bromley Trading Standards wrote:

Do you have any more protection?

If you paid for the motorcycle on finance arranged by a trader, or if you paid using your credit card and it cost more than £100 but less than £30,000, you have rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 75 of the Act makes the finance / card provider as responsible as the trader for a breach of contract or misrepresentation. This could include supplying a faulty motorcycle, non-delivery or making false claims about it. You are entitled to take action against the trader, the finance / card provider or both.

If the cost of the motorcycle exceeds £30,000 and is less than £60,260, and the finance was arranged specifically to buy that motorcycle, you may be able to claim against the finance company under s.75A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

If you are unhappy with the finance provider's response, seek the advice of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Source: https://www.bromley.gov.uk/leaflet/122530/16/687/d

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:32 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but that's not about warranties. Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:35 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/warranty.php

Extended warranty for Lexmoto owners
2019 brings peace of mind for all Lexmoto owners
We are now offering a new Enhanced Warranty with all new Motorcycles and Scooters

Any 125cc or above Lexmoto purchased from the 1st of Janurary onwards, will benefit from a 24 month national parts and labour warranty as standard. Plus any 50cc Lexmoto purchased from the 1st of January onwards, will benefit from a 12 month national parts and labour warranty as standard.

This means that you can take your bike or scooter to ANY Lexmoto dealer within the UK and NI for aftersales support from a Lexmoto technician.

Wink

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:54 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s odd when I called into the closer dealership (not the one I bought it from) they told me they only do 1 year warranty and that if I want to have 2 I have to go to the original dealership from which I bought it from.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatMeister wrote:
That’s odd when I called into the closer dealership (not the one I bought it from) they told me they only do 1 year warranty and that if I want to have 2 I have to go to the original dealership from which I bought it from.

They're lying to you because they can't be bothered with the paperwork.

MatMeister
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:38 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad that’s why I hate going to dealerships they are lazy and most of the time can’t be asked to do anything.

Also with the starting issue my fuel economy has gonna extremely horrible we are talking about going from around 250 miles on a full tank to roughly 100/150

You guys think that means that it’s definitely my fuel pump?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatMeister wrote:
can’t be asked to do anything.

Well, they can be asked, obviously. Whether or not they can be arsed is a different matter.

smokin joe
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:04 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
smokin joe wrote:

All vehicles. I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Yeah but that's not about warranties. Wink

I thought “guarantee” and “warranty” were synonymous? When my company drafted our warranty there was a discussion on that as a point of wording. I could be wrong though: I’m trying to remember conversations with lawyers from 2013 and I can hardly remember ones from last week
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2